Infernape- Egg moves

Chris211

I'm pretty sure you should be able to breed the egg moves like you would in the main series games.

So if you breed it with an ampharos with thunder punch (or one of the others that works), you should get it as far as I know.

You will need a female Infernape as mother though, so a breeding with ditto is inevitable to produce female Chimchar since gender ratio of all starters are M:F = 7:1 , most you get from starters are male ones unless you softreset for female Chimchar at the beginning.

Yes, although Gen6 made it so that both the mother and the father can pass on Egg Moves, you obviously need a female Infernape to get a Chimchar with the egg moves.

Remember that TM moves can't be passed on any longer. So Chimchar can learn Thunder Punch by breeding, but it can't learn, say, Grass Knot or Overheat that way. You'll have to teach it the TM, if and when available.

If you want to teach mons TM moves via Breeding, you'll have to go back to ep12 or older.

Edited by Viridescent

Hi all,

I will take advantage of this topic about Infernape, i have a question about the burning monkey:

For the moment I am playing him as a physical sweeper:

Nature: Adamant

252 ev Att, 252 ev Speed, 4 Ev def

Flare Blitz

Close Combat

Mach Punch

Acrobatics/ Strenght when needed/ Don't know what to put here/ Hoping for Thunder Punch Move tutor (I Tried to obtain a female Chichmar so i can breed one with thunder puch as an egg move/ have 15 male Chichmar and not a single female)

My question is: Now that we have Flamethrower/ Grass Knot should I make him a mixed sweeper ?

The point would be to give hime Life Orb, something that I haven't done yet because I don't want to lose half my HP everytime I use Flare Blitz.

I have heart scales to change his nature.

My hidden power is Fly -_-'

My team has a good balance special/physical attackers (3 of each)

I would like some opinions, is Infernape better as a pure physical sweeper or as a Mixed sweeper ?

Edited by Razkar

Hi all,

I will take advantage of this topic about Infernape, i have a question about the burning monkey:

For the moment I am playing him as a physical sweeper:

Nature: Adamant

252 ev Att, 252 ev Speed, 4 Ev def

Flare Blitz

Close Combat

Mach Punch

Acrobatics/ Strenght when needed/ Don't know what to put here/ Hoping for Thunder Punch Move tutor (I Tried to obtain a female Chichmar so i can breed one with thunder puch as an egg move/ have 15 male Chichmar and not a single female)

My question is: Now that we have Flamethrower/ Grass Knot should I make him a mixed sweeper ?

The point would be to give hime Life Orb, something that I haven't done yet because I don't want to lose half my HP everytime I use Flare Blitz.

I have heart scales to change his nature.

My hidden power is Fly -_-'

My team has a good balance special/physical attackers (3 of each)

I would like some opinions, is Infernape better as a pure physical sweeper or as a Mixed sweeper ?

If you want to mould it into a mixed sweeper, adamant nature probably isnt a good nature for it, even with LO, special move on Infernape might not result in clean kill, NPC mons might revenge kill instead. My advice would be changing the nature to naughty/rash/naive/lonely/hasty/mild nature that boost its offensive stats, as Infernape is not very good at tanking attacks anyway, why not maximize his offense potential at expense of defense stats, but make sure you have teammate that can assist it in countering its weaknesses.

Yeah that's why I said i had heartscale, if I change him to mixed I'll go for naive nature i guess.

Also what does NPC means ? ^^

I'm a total noob in strategy, that's what i want to opinion about the most efficient way to play Infernape ^^

In my (somewhat limited) experience, Infernape does best when given the Expert or Black belts, and used as a fast Attack sweeper. I mainly use his Fighting type more than his Fire type, although I do always make sure he gets Fire Punch, and often Rock Slide. His other two moves are usually either Drain Punch or Mach punch, paired with Superpower or Close Combat.

But that's just my opinion (and don't ask me about natures, as I don't know anything about those).

Edited by Scottieboy2020

Yeah that's why I said i had heartscale, if I change him to mixed I'll go for naive nature i guess.

Also what does NPC means ? ^^

I'm a total noob in strategy, that's what i want to opinion about the most efficient way to play Infernape ^^

No worries, sorry about the acronym, it means non player characters like random trainers, gym leaders etc. especially gym leaders as their mons have good IVs for their stats. Good IVs in defensive stats mean the odd of surviving an attack from hindered nature in special attack from us(adamant) will be higher than beneficial natures(as we discussed above) or even neutral nature in special attack. Infernape is versatile, it can play any role in a team barring tanks, as long as moves that you have in mind for it are accessible in games, it's up to you really to decide what to make of it :) Naive nature is great, it allows you to outspeed many threats, especially given most flying types that Infernape fears are fast