Magma armor + flame body stack?

m0b1us

So I was watching a video recently when it said that magma armor and flame body reduce the number of steps needed to hatch an egg. While this effect would not stack in earlier generations, apparently the two abilities will stack with each other. However two pokemon with magma armor will not cause the effect to stack.

Is this true in reborn and if so, is it worth using?

EDIT: Never mind, I was misunderstanding. It stacks with something called O-power.

Edited by m0b1us

Magma Armor and Flame Body will not stack with each other if i recall correctly even with gen 6, so it is only worth using single one from either abilities as they occupy a slot in your party.

To settle this, here is a quote from Bulbapedia, sourced from Google:

"From Pokémon Emerald onward, Magma Armor halves the number of cycles it takes for all Pokémon Eggs in the party to hatch. This effect does not stack with itself or Flame Body; however, it can be stacked with Hatching Power"

There you go.

Just use hatching power :D unless its a Reborn then thats another story. But having a game mechanic that were to stalk on each other i think would make the game a bit broken, not just for Magma Armour but for other moves to. Thats probly why gamefreak does not allow for this