Favourite Let's Play?

Hope this is in the right place, but it is media so imma take that risk.

One of the most popular aspects of gaming on the internet is the Let's Play. From the bumbling, but lovable Markiplier to the inseparable team of the Game Grumps, they've provided entertainment for decades. My question to y'all is this.

What is your favourite Let's Player and if possible, what is your favourite series of videos by a Let's Player?

My favourite Let's Players overall are the Game Grumps. Every single one of the team has a unique charm. Loudmouthed swearaholic Arin, Friendly nice guy Danny, The King of Puns Ross, The sweet and caring Grumpette Suzy and The Master Editor Barry. Since they all have a unique charm, they work brilliantly in any combo.

As for my favourite series, it has to go to "Undertale" by Jacksepticeye. It's clear Jack cut no corners here. Brilliant voice acting, a clear and concise understanding of the game and shows more interest and raw emotion than anyone else out there, while still keeping a sense of humour when needed.

I'm interested to hear your answers and I will see you...in the next topic. Buh-bye!

Shofu's run of Reborn is hilarious though. That's also probably one of the main reasons for a significant portion of the members to find this place.

(I also hold Shofu's popularization of it to be part of the reason why getting Magnezone has become so much harder now. Goddamit.)

Jack's run of Undertale (Pacifist) is great, yeah. I'd vote for that.

Edited by Viridescent

• Veterans

Any let's play that Lucahjin does, really. She also did blind playthroughs of two pokémon games because she hasn't played them before.

The best one she's made so far though are the ones from the Paper Mario series she did :]

Probably Chuggaaconroy to be honest. He has great energy and puts an amazing amount of effort into his videos.

My favourite let's play of his is probably Pikmin 3 (which was very recent) but a lot of fun!

I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be the 4-Way Battletoads race between SuperJeenius, PCull44444, NintendoCapriSun and Protonjon.

Basically, if you enjoy watching people suffer through a very difficult game and rage a lot while they do so, you should watch it.

Jon even edits in "achievements" for impressive/unimpressive feats the guys pull off and for the various amusing things that happen throughout the race.

Of course, given the difficult nature of the game, there's a loooooooooooooot of cursing.

(You probably shouldn't judge SuperJeenius based off this race. He is normally far more calm in other LPs than he is in the race).

Shofu's run of Reborn is hilarious though. That's also probably one of the main reasons for a significant portion of the members to find this place.

(I also hold Shofu's popularization of it to be part of the reason why getting Magnezone has become so much harder now. Goddamit.)

Jack's run of Undertale (Pacifist) is great, yeah. I'd vote for that.

Yeah, I ended up here after watching Shofu's Let's Play of Reborn. I was like "this game can't be that hard" or "I can do (better than) that" and the next thing I knew was that I was playing Reborn and having a blast.

Never even watched Shofu's run... I came for the type quiz, of all things :P Some guy on the DragonCave forums had it in his signature. MasterWeavile898 or something along those lines...? I haven't seen him around here at all, so I can only assume he kinda just dropped off at some point between my seeing him and joining these forums.

But back on topic, I'm gonna side with OP on this one ^-^ Game Grumps is great! Danny is the best grump, he's so chill B)

I tried watching Jacksepticeye's Genocide Run of Undertale, it didn't seem like anything too special :| I dropped off around Snowdin somewhere. Possibly because Genocide isn't really all that engaging except for the Undyne & Sans fights (so I hear, at least). I'm sure his Pacifist Run was much better, since it's probably more in-depth, and of course Jack is well known for his silly voices.

I tried watching Jacksepticeye's Genocide Run of Undertale, it didn't seem like anything too special :| I dropped off around Snowdin somewhere. Possibly because Genocide isn't really all that engaging except for the Undyne & Sans fights (so I hear, at least). I'm sure his Pacifist Run was much better, since it's probably more in-depth, and of course Jack is well known for his silly voices.

That's kind of the whole point of a Genocide run in Undertale. It's meant to be monotonous and annoying experience. So it makes sense that it wouldn't be the most interesting thing to watch.

Been watching Brainscratchcomms forever. By far my favorite lets play channel. They always have been entertaining me while at the same time talked about things in a game I probably never even heard of.

Edited by IronWraith

Any let's play that Lucahjin does, really. She also did blind playthroughs of two pokémon games because she hasn't played them before.

The best one she's made so far though are the ones from the Paper Mario series she did :]

This. Barbie Horse Adventures: Mystery Ride is a classic.

I would say one of my favorites is anything done by Koopakungfu

the combination of natewantstobattle and brettultimus take a close second

I guess if I had to pick one, it'd be the 4-Way Battletoads race between SuperJeenius, PCull44444, NintendoCapriSun and Protonjon.

Basically, if you enjoy watching people suffer through a very difficult game and rage a lot while they do so, you should watch it.

Jon even edits in "achievements" for impressive/unimpressive feats the guys pull off and for the various amusing things that happen throughout the race.

Of course, given the difficult nature of the game, there's a loooooooooooooot of cursing.

(You probably shouldn't judge SuperJeenius based off this race. He is normally far more calm in other LPs than he is in the race).

do you like runaway guys with protonjon ncs and chuggaconroy

Edited by Jericho

do you like runaway guys with protonjon ncs and chuggaconroy

Yeah, I watch them. But mostly to watch Jon be an asshole/mess around/ get screwed over by rngesus.

I occasionally laugh at Emile's unintentional innuendos and Wheel of Fortune ineptitude. Though I rarely watch his stuff.

And I sort of forget NCS is there half the time...

I'm not a fan of let's players at all really. I only watch Vinesauce, Retsupurae (back when they did stuff), and Cr1tikal

I'd have to say Retsupurae's voiceover longplay of King's Quest V, although the Darkseed I + II are good too

Joel's Facade video was a legend when i was like 15

I would have to say my favorite Let's Player of all time would have to be the 'Super Beard Bros.' (Jirard Khalil (the Completionist) and Alex Faciani (the Dex))

Favorite game I've watched an LP of - L.A. Noire (Super Beard Bros.)

1. Jirard and Alex
  2. GT (Game Theory) Live's Matthew and Stephanie Patrick
  3. PeanutButterGamer
  4. ShadyPenguinn
  5. KingNappy

• 2 months later...

Favorite Let's Player would have to be a tie between JackSepticEye and Cryaotic. For Pokémon though, I really enjoyed Shofu's Reborn run. For a special mention, I'd have to also include SuperButterBuns, but she's not (technically) a Let's Player I'd say, though I love her streams.

Edited by CodeCass