Do you have a pokemon that makes you proud?

m0b1us

As title says, have a pokemon that you are just incredibly proud of? Show it some love and show it off!

I was bored waiting for the next episode so I was doing some breeding to get better IVs on some of my pokemon. Eventually I got a near perfect IV Cyndaquil, but I wanted to try to get a perfect IV one so I could have it next time I was breeding a pokemon in the field egg group. I never got the perfect IV because I got something that was so much cooler!

My newest member of the team, Cataclysm, the modest nature, SHINY Typhlosion!

IV: 31 Hp, 29 At, 31 Def, 28 SpA, 31 Spdef, 31 Speed

The IVs are really strong. The 28 SpA seems like a little bit of a bummer, but this IV spread makes hidden power electric type! The only thing better is if the SpA was 30, but who cares about 2 missing IVs when you got an amazing looking shiny?

I have hatched 2 other shiny pokemon, but I didn't like the looks of them too much. This most recent shiny though just got me so pumped that I just had to share my good fortune with other reborn players. I can't wait to take it for a spin in the next episode!

I am curious to see what others are proud of in their reborn game.

I'm pretty proud of my Infernape who has been Mach Punching fools since Episode 7. Roserade is my second earliest member who has been very good at securing OHKOs w/ Toxic Spikes. I got Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, and HP Fire as well w/ Technician. Both are the veterans of my team (before Gym 1) and have been invaluable to me ever since! Although, everyone on my team is useful! I had a Gardevoir but I retired her when Malamar came around because it looked like an interesting 'mon.

Not necessarily shiny, but my Delphox did me proud during first run of Reborn with his Will-o-Wisp spam, not even type advantage of T3R44's Chomp could bring him down, and my good ol' Klinklang proved itself to be a very nifty mon in Noel's battle with Shift Gear-Gear Grind

In Reborn? Well...

XP1QUPz.png

MWAHAHAHA! BEHOLD! The first squadron of my 200-strong Magnet Army! These are all shinies!

I'm proud as collectors are proud, when I view my trophy boxes of perfectly IV-ED and EV-ED mons in Reborn. In general, I view Pokémon more or less like elements in a game, so I like any good Mon that does its job well.

Of course, I'm most proud of my Magnezone! In Reborn, I bred over 200 of those magnets to give myself the perfect 30/12/31/30/31/30 HP Fire Magnezone! That's a prized trophy right there, especially since genderless Hidden Power breeding is so difficult with only one Ditto. And it flat out destroyed everything that wasn't faster and had a ground move.

Edited by Viridescent

I got to say I am really proud of my shiny Gallade named Link. I have collected somewhere in the 500s of the 600s Pokémon in reborn all of which are shiny, and will little issue or trouble due to Link. Even though he was born as a shiny, jolly nature Gallade he was taught false swipe and hypnosis, and has stayed on the team ever since. His occasional Destiny Bond and Close Combat does provide the team with good damage, but he has caught 90% of the 500ish I've caught. When I scroll around my nine box full of shiny, ev trained pokemon I always just realize how many of them were all due to Link. I just imagine every battle scarred veteran Pokémon I own I started out as a young wild Pokémon who met this Gallade, and joined the team that way.

My Bisharp, really. Be it in standard laddering play, Reborn, even since gen 5 when it was UU, it's done me a lot of work and is easily my best used and most favourite physical sweeper and favourite Pokemon together. I personally think I'm good with Sucker Punch mind games after lots of games with it.

I'm very proud of my starter, Serperior. I didn't evolve Servine until he learned Leaf Storm at 52 (quite stupid in retrospect, at that point leveling becomes really fast) and it was pretty much deadweight until that point, netting the occasional kill with Leech Seed and potion support. But after that he became a monster. Serperior is easily the strongest mon on my team, he can even survive some super effective attacks and pretty much always outspeeds. But the important thing is obviously the contrary Leaf Storm, if he gets one off safely he will most likely sweep, at +4 or +6 even flying and fire types get wrecked. He single handedly defeated 4 gym leaders and was the defining factor in defeating Steelix and Arceus. He survived a Judgement and put a huge dent in it with +2 Leaf Storm.

Another one is my Arbok, even though I took it off the team at around level 50 and it didn't have sufficient attacking power to 2HKO other Pokemon as early as level 30. So why did I keep it? Support. Intimidate + Glare + Screech saved me in so many battles. Just switching it in and out for a few times made any physical attacker useless.

Edited by Sohn der Höhe

Not because I particularly enjoy using it, but Bellossom. It's because Oddish and Gloom are plauged by a terrible infection, hence the poison typing. And in the end, based on the player's choice, you can either save it or damn it with a Sun or Grass Stone, respectively. The Grass Stone allows the fungus to take over the host fully, while the Sun Stone bestows the host all the strength needed to purge the fungus, once and for all, hence the pure Grass typing. If that story isn't one to be proud of, then I don't know what is.

Is that actually a thing? Vileplume and Oddish look so happy though! (Ofc not gloom, but that's obvious)

And Bellossom is weaker and less competitively useful than Vileplume. Biologically, Vileplume is a plant that defends itself from being eaten by having poison in its leaves and system. It's a biological strength, not an infection, I'm pretty sure. Bellossom is weaker because it uncharacteristically lost its natural defenses. It'll just be a tasty snack for a Zebstrika.

Is that actually a thing? Vileplume and Oddish look so happy though! (Ofc not gloom, but that's obvious)

And Bellossom is weaker and less competitively useful than Vileplume. Biologically, Vileplume is a plant that defends itself from being eaten by having poison in its leaves and system. It's a biological strength, not an infection, I'm pretty sure. Bellossom is weaker because it uncharacteristically lost its natural defenses. It'll just be a tasty snack for a Zebstrika.

I have several things to say about this, since it is far less far-fetched than you might think.

Firstly, Gloom/Vileplume are based on Rafflesia arnoldii, which is a massive plant that emits a terrible odor. A description of the plant is as follows: "It lives as a parasite on several vines of the genus Tetrastigma , which grow only in primary (undisturbed) rainforests." Thus, Gloom and Vileplume are clearly afflicted by the presence of this parasite, while Bellossom has been cleansed of its influence.

Furthermore, Bellossom's defenses are actually higher than Vileplume's, so that argument doesn't quite make sense. Vileplume is the offensive one of the pair and it uses its poison to dismay and stun its prey.

Almost all of my Pokémon on my team have made me proud at some point or another, since they when they come through during a difficult fight, it makes me freak out with joy.

That and my shiny Absol. I love my shiny Absol.

I have several things to say about this, since it is far less far-fetched than you might think.

Firstly, Gloom/Vileplume are based on Rafflesia arnoldii, which is a massive plant that emits a terrible odor. A description of the plant is as follows: "It lives as a parasite on several vines of the genus Tetrastigma , which grow only in primary (undisturbed) rainforests." Thus, Gloom and Vileplume are clearly afflicted by the presence of this parasite, while Bellossom has been cleansed of its influence.

Furthermore, Bellossom's defenses are actually higher than Vileplume's, so that argument doesn't quite make sense. Vileplume is the offensive one of the pair and it uses its poison to dismay and stun its prey.

I know about the rafflesia plants. They're themselves a parasite though, I was given to understand by your earlier statement that they are being victimised as a host, but are themselves a parasitic flower with no leaves or roots. So Vileplume is no sufferer, but actually causing suffering, as you say, to other things. Be that as it may, it is merely doing its natural role, and bybits cheerful expression seems to be as happy with its existence as Bellossom.

I agree that I was surprised to know that Bellossom has better defenses than Vileplume statistically (not having ever looked at that thing's stats) but it certainly is less used than Vileplume

However I don't wish to make a mountain out of a Diglethill, so I will drop this discussion. It is after all your opinion, and woe betide me if I ever try to dish dirt on someone's prized Pokemon.

Edited by Viridescent

I know about the rafflesia plants. They're themselves a parasite though, I was given to understand by your earlier statement that they are being victimised as a host, but are themselves a parasitic flower with no leaves or roots. So Vileplume is no sufferer, but actually causing suffering, as you say, to other things. Be that as it may, it is merely doing its natural role, and bybits cheerful expression seems to be as happy with its existence as Bellossom.

I agree that I was surprised to know that Bellossom has better defenses than Vileplume statistically (not having ever looked at that thing's stats) but it certainly is less used than Vileplume

However I don't wish to make a mountain out of a Diglethill, so I will drop this discussion. It is after all your opinion, and woe betide me if I ever try to dish dirt on someone's prized Pokemon.

Hey, I don't mind. I always enjoy a good intellectual discourse. This particular instance actually leads to a discussion of a variation of the Ship of Theseus paradox, where the original ship, Oddish, is seen restored in Bellossom and seen replaced by another entity carrying on under the same name in Vileplume. Gloom is the point of equilibrium between the parasite and the actual plant, where only an evolutionary stone could tip the balance either way. The question then being asked is whether Vileplume is still Oddish, when it has been practically usurped by the parasite. Similarly, you could ask is Bellossom still Oddish, since the parasite was also a portion of what made Oddish what it was, thus the Poison typing. In either final form, however, one side wins out and becomes happy, so both could be seen as an acceptable result. I tend to lean towards the victim, but you view is perfectly valid as well and I respect it.

Although, I must say, I'm a little disappointed you didn't refer to it as a "Exca-hill," as an Excadrill pun.

I'm glad we reached an amicable settlement. To be honest, I'm a dastardly person who views only the competitive worth in Pokemon as a rule, so I tend to favour Vileplume since it is more useful (or to be harsh yet honest, less useless, as both it and Bellossom are really at the bottom of the barrel), but yes, even though both final forms forsake one part of its pre-evolved state, they are both ultimately in natural accord with themselves and their environs.

And to be frank, I was tempted to make the Exca-hill pun, but Excadrill is too powerful to be used in that particular expression. I decided to settle for the most pathetic and insignificant mole of the lot.

Edited by Viridescent

not particularly; whatever i've put the most effort into grinding up tends to be my current fave, but there's no pokémon i wouldn't box if something better came up, like leonardo dicaprio and victoria's secret models

viri's goddamn magnezone thou i almost regret once asking about it

k8_x_magnewife.gif

Well, there was this level 1 Zorua I had that soloed Second-Round Caitlin in Black. It was fun using bred-on Nasty Plot / Night Daze / Agility / Foul Play to beat level 70+ mons with a level 1 mon.

Edit: forgot to put moves

Edited by Cobalt996