Rate my team

Rollin01

So, as the title explains, All you got to do is to Rate my team and suggest for possible pokemons to add. This is for ingame purposes. I just freed luna if you want to know where I have reached

Blaziken @ (suggest)

Adamant

Flare blitz

Bulk up

Brave bird

Hi jump kick

Dragalage @ (suggest)

Modest

Toxic

Sludge wave

Dragon pulse

Hydro pump

Azumarill @ (suggest)

Adamant

play rough

Aqua jet

superpower

strength (suggest replacement)

these are the core members

for the rest I have been using

Excadrill

scrafty

Hounchcrow

thats all please help me

Edited by Rollin01

Belly Drum could be decent on Azumarill if you don't mind breeding some more (Poliwag should be available by now), you could even get Sitrus Berries back in E10 I believe. Otherwise just wait for Waterfall.

I'd consider getting a good Electric type since you have nothing against Water and Flying (Heliolisk, Magnezone, Eelektross; Heliolisk is also a good Surf user). Keep using Excadrill, it's a beast and a Ground type is never a bad thing to have. Scrafty is also top-tier in Reborn if you got Dragon Dance as an egg move (it can easily sweep Luna's team). Switching to a Trick Room team is also an option seeing that you have Dragalge, Azumarill and Scrafty, all with pretty terrible speed (Magnezone fits that too), so getting a Cofagrigus or a Reuniclus to set up TR could be worthwhile (you need to defeat Luna if you want to evolve a Magneton or get the Solosis though).

I don't see a Magnezone. What have you been doing with your life?

In all seriousness, Magnezone is one of the best Pokémon available in this game so far, and easily the best electric type. It has a fantastic typing that will complete you Fairy/Dragon/Steel defensive core while also giving you a very poor ful electric type that can take on flying and enemy water types.

It will have two of its best moves by level up: Flash Cannon and Discharge. You can teach it Charge Beam so that it can accumulate boosts quickly, and also leave a slot for a Hidden Power (preferably ice or fire or grass) or Magnet Risen or Thunder Wave, all useful moves.

Aside from that, your team is mostly rather slow, save for Blaziken. I would suggest a Cofagrigus or Reuniclus with Trick Room that can take advantage of this. Cofagrigus is ideal, as it naturally learns Will o Wisp and can be bred Nasty Plot from Misdreavus, so it already has a great set in Trick Room (which Radomus would've given to you), Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball and HP Fighting if you breed for it, or simply Will o Wisp otherwise. Using Hex in conjunction with Will o Wisp is very powerful, though you're walled by normal types.

Continuing with Scarfty is excellent, as it is also very slow and can work nicely on TR teams, and gets Dark and Fighting moves to partner with Cofagrigus in taking down normal types. It can be a better user of Bulk Up than Blaziken due to its exceptional defenses, so it's worth considering. It can also either use Intimidate or Moxie to help you set up and sweep.

Since Reborn usually needs you to rotate between more than six Pokémon, keep Blaziken, Excadrill and Honchkrow on reserve. Instead, for now, since you seem to be having an almost completely Trick Room style team, a secondary Trick Room setter is not a bad idea. Consider a slow Psychic type like Reuniclus or Exeggutor for the same; Exeggutor even has Harvest + Sitrus Berry (which you should be able to grow by now) and good moves like Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm and Extrasensory to take advantage of.

For the record, one does not need to defeat Luna to get Solosis and evolve Magneton; one only needs to receive the second crystal plug from Iolia valley, unless I'm much mistaken. You can go and do the side quest to obtain solosis and the Yureyu Key (which lets you unlock the back room of Shade's gym, where magneton can be levelled up to evolve it) as soon as you get the parts of the crystal plug in Luna's valley, even before you actually face her.

Edited by Viridescent

"Rate My Team"

Blaziken/10

Reviewers comments:

This team has a strong offensive core in a single blaziken. Toss all other members.

Seriously though, get a magnezone. Your team is mostly slow so either consider getting a TR Setter as mentioned above or get some faster members.I would suggest getting a Heracross from Route 1 and a decent ice type like maybe Mamoswine to help against upcoming gyms