[Resolved] I need a water type

There aren't too many great Water types early game, to be honest, if you didn't get a Water type starter or Tentacool / Azurill / Staryu / Frillish from the Mystery Egg. The ones I'd suggest are:

- Ducklett (50% chance from the Obsidia Slums Egg)

- Seel (50% chance from the Onyx Ward Girl Egg)

- Lotad (Coral Ward Pier, when raining)

- Carvanha (If you chose the Aqua Gang, after beating Shelly, your gang leader will tell you that they want to attack the Magma Gang. If you do the mission, your gang leader will give you one. However, if you chose Magma, you'll have to wait until the Super Rod, which is just before getting the sixth badge).

Those suggestions are just up to after Shelly, you'll start to see a few better Water types soon.

I agree with the others above me. Carvanha or Lotad are probably your best picks at the moment. Another one of my favorites, Corphish, doesn't come until later. This 'Mon is mean with its Adaptability Crabhammers, Aqua Jets, and Knock-Offs / Crunches. It also gets Swords Dance to boot! Ludicolo has pretty neat typing and takes great advantage of Rain. It also can change the Field Effect w/ Mist. Sharpedo can pull-off mixed offences well and Speed Boost is an awesome Ability.

Actually, if you choose Magma gang, you will still get a water type from quest, Buizel i think, it evolves relatively early to Floatzel, Floatzel is a good fast physical sweeper for early to mid game but will be outshone by other better water types in late games.