Neo

Pop open the spoiler to see the RMT. It was a bit too big.

You read it right. My team is based on tanks!!!

Rain-Water-Tanks.jpg

Water tanks. Damn aren't they sturdy? Not to mention great at holding water. Too bad the aren't what I'm talking about. I was talking more along the lines of this:

us-army-tanks-have-digital-armor-pics.jpg

Guns go pew.

At a Glance:

redline1.gif

450.gif395.gif472.gif556.gif073.gif445.gif

redline1.gif

redline1.gif

450.png

@ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 180 Atk / 252 Def / 76 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

- Slack Off

- Stealth Rock

Ah. Hippowdon. For those who battle me often, then you know that I use this son of a bitch a lot. There's a reason why. DAT ASS BULK! Hippowdon does a great job of ensuring that Stealth Rock gets up (unless you know, something jank happens). After that it's just TANK TANK TANK! Pretty fun to do, no?

redline1.gif

395.png

@ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 150 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Substitute

- Grass Knot

Empoleon! Is amazing. Under normal circumstances, I would never consider it for a sand team. But then I used a little

spongebob-imagination-o.gif

I decided to go with a bulkier variant of Empoleon for one main reason. 1 I've always had trouble getting Empoleon to survive. Empoleon is kinda like a glass cannon, eh? I decided to add some bulk to him, and just about all the problems have disappeared. I love it.

redline1.gif

472.png

@ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spd

- Protect

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

Gliscor is one silly son of a bitch. He's on just about all my teams, and I'll tell you why. Because he's a tank!!!

This is a pretty standard Gliscor, and it's usually the one I use in all of my sand teams. Look at the bulk he's packing:

old-spice-o.gif

Tell me that isn't manly. Anyway, Gliscor does an immaculate job of cleaning up shop mid-late game. Once I can get out his major threats, damn does he shine.

redline1.gif

556.png

@ Leftovers

Trait: Storm Drain

EVs: 252 HP / 150 Def / 106 SDef

- Cotton Guard

- Toxic

- Substitute

- Giga Drain

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARACTUS! YOU BEST BE FEARIN' IT! Oh yeah. This set looks a little different from my other stylin' cactus huh? This is bulkier Maractus. With the abilitah to turn into a sweeperish type thing. He also happens to bring another huge HUGE asset to the team.

storm-drain.jpg

Need I say more?

redline1.gif

073.png

@ Black Sludge

Trait: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SDef

- Toxic Spikes

- Rapid Spin

- Scald

- Ice Beam

Ah Tentacruel. I have a newfound love for you. Once I realized what a beast you are with my league team, I quickly looked for more ways to use you. Anyway, Tenta's main goal here is to get off Toxic Spikes. After that I could care less. They put a significant dent in enemy teams that I love. Then comes dat Rapid Spin!! Hey look someone wants to try to set up with Skarmory!

tumblr_lm0enyScqa1qdlkgg.gif

In addition to the Hazard element, Tentacruel has some pretty amazing special bulk.

redline1.gif

445.png

@ Salac Berry

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Claw

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Substitute

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! A soon as Garchomp takes the field EVERYTHING gets shrugged off. After a Swords Dance he literally whips everyone's ass. Without even trying.

Block2.gif

That's what I imagine one I start sweeping with chomp. There isn't much else to say.

Importable

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 180 Atk / 252 Def / 76 SDef

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

- Slack Off

- Stealth Rock

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 150 SDef

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Substitute

- Grass Knot

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spd

- Protect

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

Maractus (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Storm Drain

EVs: 252 HP / 150 Def / 106 SDef

- Cotton Guard

- Toxic

- Substitute

- Giga Drain

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SDef

- Toxic Spikes

- Rapid Spin

- Scald

- Ice Beam

Garchomp (F) @ Salac Berry

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Claw

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake

- Substitute

Eh, Maractus is pretty much just steel/poison bait, it really won't do much to 99% of steels and poison types, lacking Special Attack to do well even neutrally with Giga Drain.. Also makes setting up Cotton Guard with it a waste, especially considering the high frequency of Steel types in the metagame. Don't really see much of a point for Salac Berry on Garchomp; if you're set up a Life Orb sweeps just as fine and it's better for situations where you just have to do as much damage as possible with no prospects of sweeping.Protect is prettty iffy on SD Gliscor as without Taunt Pokemon like Ferrothorn that you otherwise destroy can actually do something. Finally, Hippowdon seems suspiciously less tanky with no HP EVs.

lol'd while reading

anyway pretty decent team. I can imagine Substitute Thundurus being an issue if it comes in on Maractus, such as when you use Sub. Unless you want to try and break its sub with Giga Drain, you'll switch and it'll Nasty Plot..

However though if it has Sub n Nasty Plot it can only use two attacking moves so it really depends, and I'm too lazy to calculate a +2 and +4 Focus blast against Gliscor.

Life Orb or even Lum Berry might be better on Garchomp, Salac berry is kinda situational imo.

Calm Mind Virizion can really be a pain to this team aswell, provided the right timing of not getting toxic'd.

Edited by Aero

Phazer, I actually came here to post a reply to your comment from last night. Then I see that you're trying to look cool by posting a picture over your post. Oh well.

I'll do some more testing, and get back to y'all with my results.