What needs to become a Pokemon

We all know that Pokemon are based off of animals from the real world, fabled creatures, or objects from ours like ice cream and keys. Even with 720 species of Pokemon there are tons of other real world/fabled animals that have not been turned into the powerful critters we know and love. If there is an animal/object that you think should be made into a Pokemon, or if there is already one but want more, share with the class.

I would like to see a saber-tooth Pokemon and something that resembles an imp would be cool too.

WE NEED A DOLPHIN POKEMON!

I swear, having Kyogre as the closest thing available to a dolphin is ludicrous. It's not as if dolphins are even remotely unknown or abstract. Instead of giving us one of the most recognizable animal concepts, we get weird newts and a truckload of recycled fogs, cats, snakes, bats, even multiple jellyfish. Do it, GF! Give us a dolphin!

I had a concept for this some while ago, I'm gonna share it here again, since it is pertinent:

GKOcsmO.png

Of course it'd be a steel type as well.

Edited by Viridescent

We need pokemon based on pegasus (and no, M-Absol is a death angel), a catapult pokemon (we have swords and cannons on pokemon, gimme more weapons!), an electric bulb, a car pokemon (goat riding is lame), a pokemon based on brain/neurotic system and a vampire pokemon!

These ideas are definetely something GameFreak can come up with :P

I actually have an idea for a Grass/Electric Pokemon based on an electric bulb (heh, since 'bulb' is both an electrical term and a botanical term) which would go like this:

Tubulb, which evolves into Plantern.

Slow, specially bulky, and an able pivot with Volt Switch and supporter with powder moves and T-Wave. It'll use grass and electric moves, of course, but it will also have access to Tail Glow and Overheat.

Edited by Viridescent

I must explore Se7en in detail, then. Come mid-May and I shall have lots of questions.

For now, Crane and Flamingo Pokemon would be appreciated as well. Gen5 finally gave us an actual swan, yes, but we still do not have a single wading bird! No stork, crane, heron, bittern, egret, curlew, ibis, flamingo or rail. What is this, GF?

Make more Water/Flying birds!

Fairly sure we have a large number of slugs already. Gastrodon, Manaphy and Goodra are all based on oceanic slugs, and all except Manaphy are fairly accurate too. However, GF hasn't shied away from making multiple based on the same concept, so why not?

Mega Goodra as a Water/Dragon type with wavy tendrils and multi coloured flaps, like an actual nudibranch, would not be half bad though.

TUBE WORMS. Dudes, guys, gals, everything in betweens, people... Tube worms. And for that matter, all the other terrifying things that are Down There in the Deep.

Also, I know that Pokemon is marketed towards children and therefore there's a limit to how creepy the designs can be, but we forreal need more scary ghost types. Also, scary fairy types! A ghost/fairy or dark/fairy Pied Piper thing would be awesome. Then there's all kinds of scary fey folk type shit in Gaelic/British lore!

Also... have we done a bakeneko/nekomata yet? Cause if not, that needs to be a thing. ghost/normal please and thank you. Although I'm biased, since I just really like cats.

And!!! And!!! The Black Dog! Houndoom is more of a helldog.

Bibs' current avatar. Do it. Make it a Pokemon.

Cetaceans (other than Kyogre and Wailord), more cute bugs (Scolipede cute, not butterfly cute), an actual wolf (Zoroark is a lycanthrope/kitsune, Mightyena more of a hyena, although Zygarde is based off Fenrir), a pegasus, maybe a new spin on a jackal, and something, ANYTHING, so we can say Luvdisc and Unown are not the worst final-form pokemon. Something that is so bad, there are legends about it.

Yes, I actually want a legendary pokemon that is only legendary for being that bad (Unown sadly does not count here). No design, but the contrary concept is a nice counterbalance to the emphasis of "legend strong"

I was going to say an electric-type cat, but we have Luxray so... Thundercats, HOOOOOO

EDIT:

Arguably, Absol is based off a cougar. It just has added bits, rather than simply being a cougar.

Edited by Cobalt996

Ass kicking kangeroo? o.o (Obviously fighting type)

Also, Peafowl? (It could be ... I dunno, fairy/flying or something)

Raven? (It could be either dark/flying or ghost/flying, since ravens are said to bring death with them)

Totem pole? (Psychic and ... something else)

Artict fox? (Ice)

Uhm ... yeah.

A witch broom perhaps? Make it Fairy/Flying or Fairy/Dark (with Levitate). Would be fun to play with encounters in the game.

A burning tree/forest. You can make it Grass/Fire or change form when burned/hit by a fire-type attack. I'd say go for a physical attacker (maybe give it an ability that adds fire-type damage to physical attacks)

Basing a mon on corroding metal would be cool, too. Maybe Steel/Poison, or give it Weak Armor.

Armadillo pokemon. We got none of those either (Sandslash is not one)

Zygarde may be based on fenrir but zygardog is nothing but a hunting hound, sadly. Bring on dem arctic wolves

Peacock pokemon would be nice, or a hummingbird (or both) . More owls and ravens/crows

Armaldo?

Armaldo is an ancient shrimp/bug Native American with claws. The closest we have to an armadilo is Sandshrew, then Sandslash went a somewhat different direction, even though in the same genus (Pangolin is close to Armadilos and equally cute).

Psyduck is a platypus pokemon, but I would enjoy a non-aquatic one, since they reproduce in a somewhat unique way.

My list includes:

1. A Cloud pokemon (pure Flying type) that evolves into different formes based on the Stone it's exposed to (examples include Thundercloud, Snowcloud, Raincloud)
  2. A Rocky Bug that resembles a beetle but takes elements from soldier bug/ant (armored beetle) variants
  3. A Lemur pokemon with probable psychic powers (like... King Julian) - preferably a Bamboo Lemur with early access to it.
  4. An Electric Panda (Fighting / Electric)
  5. A Llama/Alpaca evolutionary line that is either pure Poison or pure Fire type
  6. A Mosquito Water / Bug pokemon
  7. A Mockingbird that's Normal / Flying but has access to a vast special movepool and a high enough SpA and SpD stat
  8. A Narwal (Steel / Water) that's not a starter pokemon and very hard to raise.
  9. A Comodo Dragon that is a bulky and somewhat fast Ground type
  10. A fighting Sawfish with an armor (not a Steel type)
  11. A Bison that's Ground / Fighting
  12. An early African wild dog (Normal / Dark or Normal / Rock or Dark / Rock)
  13. A fast Fire / Steel Sabertooth Tiger

Peacock pokemon would be nice

Also, Peafowl? (It could be ... I dunno, fairy/flying or something)

Mega Altaria is a Peacock. So we at least have that one covered. I'm rather glad that it's actually a powerful and awesome Pokémon as well, unlike poor Noctowl, which took another of my favourite birds and made a very lame Pokemon out of it.

Also

8.A Narwal (Steel / Water) that's not a starter pokemon and very hard to raise.

Why, that's exactly what I drew! Narvalor, as I dub it, is my personal representation of a Dolphin+Narwhal hybrid that's Steel/Water. I kinda think of it as a male-only counterpart to another creation called Belugoise, which is a female-only Water/Fairy Beluga. Edited by Viridescent

While we're at it, how about an actual Chili Pokémon that's Grass/Fire? It could go from a mild little jalapeño into a scorching Bhut Jolokia with a searing 1.4 million SHUs.

We could also have a Parrotfish Pokémon that eats Corsola, and some kind of Wrasse or something which could be water/fighting.