A helping hand needed in UU team

TimTim

At a glance

134.png479-h.png342.png473.png196.png142-m.png

I have used this team for few times now and it has met mixed win-loss results, i don't know if bringing two eeveelutions is a good idea and i would like inputs from you guys, most of these are standard sets and i am up for any changes you guys can offer. Any suggestions can go to changing up some team dynamics as i threw together this team on a whim

vaporeon.gifSoup (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD

Bold Nature

- Wish

- Scald

- Protect

- Ice Beam

Analysis: This bulky stally Vappy is always my go-to when i like to shut down dangerous physical foes, Scald is a very chance-based.

rotom-heat.gifCurry (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Trick

UU has a lot of EQ spam and Rotom-H greatest strength here is to protect my team from that and i dont know if defensive Rotom-H is a better idea than specially offensive one.

crawdaunt.gifBossman (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb

Ability: Adaptability

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Aqua Jet

- Dragon Dance

- Knock Off

- Crabhammer

Crawdaunt as a wallbreaker especially in stall which UU is known for, it's usually for Cresselia, but it is severely grounded by its low speed even with one Dragon Dance(i initially thought dragon dance was enough to circumvent its slowness, but experience with this team proved me quite wrong), i am considering sashing it and switching dragon dance to swords dance as typical Swords Dance set. Mamo and Rotom-H each can simply complement it by taking care of the likes of Chesnaught, Cobalion or Zapdos.

mamoswine.gifTusky (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb

Ability: Thick Fat

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Ice Shard

- Earthquake

- Icicle Crash

- Superpower

Most success of this team comes from Mamo, it is my go-to physical sweeper on my team when Crawdaunt falls.

espeon.gifNyan (Espeon) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Magic Bounce

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Dazzling Gleam

- Shadow Ball

- Psyshock

- Psychic

It is supposed lead on the team but nowadays people dont seem to lead with hazard setters right off, Magic Bounce doesnt get much on the play and scarfed physical threats often took it out relatively easy, i feel like its weak link on my team

aerodactyl-mega.gifAncient (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite

Ability: Tough Claws

EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Taunt

- Roost

- Toxic

- Earthquake

This is your typical bulky M Aerodactyl, and i don't get the most use out of it among the team members i have here.

So far my team has encounter few CurseLax and they are pretty scary for my team. I also notice i lack special defensive wall on my team and my team is easily worn down by Stealth Rock, a hazard control is needed, i am thinking of replacing M-Aero for Rapid Spinner Forretress, but there comes the problem with Taunters. Any new mon replacement, suggestion or criticism in changing team dynamics for a better one is greatly appreciated :)

With a fast look, I can see a big electric weakness and repeatable switch ins can wear down easily your team with no hazzars control. I do support the replacement of M-Aero with a spinner and since you'll have an empty mega slot maybe switch Crawdaunt for M-Absol. And since M-Absol can serve as your status bouncer you may find another fast specs user.

While I wouldn't really call it an "electric weakness" (he DOES have Rotom and Mamo after all, although IMO defensive Rotom is best Rotom, to counter enemy Mamo and Zapdos), I do agree that Mega Absol over Crawdaunt and a spinner (Forretress?) over Aerodactyl would be good changes.

Once these are done, Espeon can be replaced by many things honestly. Gardevoir comes to mind, but if you need the speed, there are other options.

One solution with your team lacking a specially defensive wall is making your Rotom-H specially defensive (248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def) with Overheat/Volt Switch/Will-O-Wisp/Pain Split. The Trick Specs variant is quite useful but your team is pretty offensive already. Most Electric types in the UU tier are special (e.g Heliolisk, Mega Ampharos) - so Rotom-H should be able to absorb those hits quite well - although things like Florges can be a good addition to the team if you think recovery is important.

Just my blunt two cents, no offense.

Probably the easiest change from here is to opt for a more defensively-orientated spread on your Rotom.

On another note, nothing can really help you stomach a hit from Dragons that well, while your fastest two Pokemon are also pretty easily checked by Hydreigon.

By the way, Vaporeon is a bad Pokemon in UU, sitting at the bottom of the barrel in the viability rankings. I know your team appears to have a severe Scald allergy, but if you want a tanky Water use Suicune, whereas if you want a reliable cleric use Florges. I recommend the latter as it also somehow miglitates your weakness against Hydreigon while also being able to reliably Wish pass and tank Scald.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Best change for Vaporeon is Physical Almomola. It can pass bigger wishes and toxic stall certain mons that are threatening to your team.

The rest of the changes are also mentioned. Use Forretress instead of M-Aerodactyl, which works as a slow volt switch too.

Defensive Rotom-H is best rotom. I would change it for Amoonguss and form a regen-core with Alomomola

Change Crawdaunt for M-Absol and use a mixed set with Fire Blast, provided you make the change above.

This way you can keep Espeon with Specs OR a CM set with Psyshock / Dazzling Gleam / Substitute

Have we kept anything? Oh yes, Mamoswine. Yeah, that's good. Keep it. Priority is always welcome. Since Mamo has Superpower, Absol can afford a SD.

No one's mentioned it yet, so swap out Espeon for Alakazam for extra power and speed, which are the two things you want most in a special sweeper. Either Life Orb or Focus Sash work, although I prefer Sash and find it tends to work out a bit better.

You'll probably want a set that looks like Psyshock / Dazzling Gleam / Shadow Ball / Focus Miss or T-Wave. Psyshock for STAB, Dazzling Gleam for Hydreigon, Scrafty, and the like, and Shadow Ball for nailing the bulky psychic types like Cres and Reuniclus. Focus Blast for hitting steel types hard and T-Wave to cripple other sweepers or walls.

I support the idea of Alomomola-Amoonguss combo! It is too good and really frustrating for your opponent.

But I have to say that I prefer special from physical Alomomola cause Scald-burns are even more frustrating and funny (yes I'm a horible person!). Physical Alomomola has a nice STAB priority, but you'll already have strong priority with Mamo and M-Absol.

As for a spinner Foretress is probably the best choice but you might also consider Intimidate Hitmontop to add a nice STAB fighting move in the team or a defoger like Crobat or Eviolite Gligar since you don't have hazzards on your own (although you can always bounce them back)

I support the idea of Alomomola-Amoonguss combo! It is too good and really frustrating for your opponent.

But I have to say that I prefer special from physical Alomomola cause Scald-burns are even more frustrating and funny (yes I'm a horible person!). Physical Alomomola has a nice STAB priority, but you'll already have strong priority with Mamo and M-Absol.

As for a spinner Foretress is probably the best choice but you might also consider Intimidate Hitmontop to add a nice STAB fighting move in the team or a defoger like Crobat or Eviolite Gligar since you don't have hazzards on your own (although you can always bounce them back)

We're moving even further into RU as we go :P

Yes, we can switch her to special and Amoonguss to physical (or mixed), but cannot rely on Scald burns all the time.

Alakazam does not need Dazzling Gleam to be threatening, as any set will have Focus Blast for Dark and Steel types. Your 4th slot should be Encore to mess with Stallers and turn any sweeper into a choiced, less-powered version of themselves. Oh, and Life Orb does not take the 10% damage when you have Magic Guard, so if you don't want the double Bounce strategy with Espeon (which ultimately leads to not using Ferrothorn and having a slot empty for a 3rd win-con), be my guest and abuse Zam to your heart's content.

Your team does have a electric/grass weakness. I recommend that you change rotoms set to be near max speed, full spatck and rest in hp. Maybe something like, 248 timid, max special attack and then 8 in hp, with leftovers to take on grass and electric types. I feel that overheat shortens Rotom's usefulness, so I also recommend that you use Hydreigon over it.

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

You can run fire blast or flash cannon if you feel that you need it, for things like Forrestress. Hell, you could even throw specs on it too. Those would work well. Hydreigon is is strong check to electric and grass types. You could even go specially defensive Hydreigon, with dragon tail and crunch instead. You also might have a hard time dealing with faires and hydreigon won't help.

A cobalion might help, as it gives you stealth rock support and a nice fast, fairy check. I feel that he would fit well instead of Crawdaunt.

638.gif

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 176 HP / 8 Atk / 72 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt

One last thing, Aerodactyl does really, really well when it is used as an offensive threat. It can use pursuit and aqua tail, which provide nice coverage. You'll most likely get more usage out of this set.
aerodactyl.png

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

I hope all of this helps friend!!

So, I also see a fighting type weakness. Even though you have Aerodactyl, it's not enough. Espeon is a good pokémon to have on your team, but I think you also need a flying type, even though you have Aerodactyl.

Also, if you need help testing your team after the tweaks, come to the Reborn Showdown server and I'll be more than happy to help you test it.

Just my blunt two cents, no offense.

Probably the easiest change from here is to opt for a more defensively-orientated spread on your Rotom.

On another note, nothing can really help you stomach a hit from Dragons that well, while your fastest two Pokemon are also pretty easily checked by Hydreigon.

By the way, Vaporeon is a bad Pokemon in UU, sitting at the bottom of the barrel in the viability rankings. I know your team appears to have a severe Scald allergy, but if you want a tanky Water use Suicune, whereas if you want a reliable cleric use Florges. I recommend the latter as it also somehow miglitates your weakness against Hydreigon while also being able to reliably Wish pass and tank Scald.

None taken, blunt is all i need, if it isn't for your reminder, i probably have overlooked the scald allergy, which is fatal to my offensive team, i guess i was lucky enough to elude scald spammers during my usage of this team.

Thank a lot for the helps guys, i guess i will have to make major changes to my team. The only mon i am going to preserve is probably Mamo. Florges is a great idea, though i try not to repeat what i have from another previous UU team i had before. Suicune and Cobalion are also awesome ideas, nevertheless i try to avoid legendaries as much as possible, since i am not a fan of legendaries, but i guess Cobalion can work on this team.

These are my replacements from incorporating everyone's ideas:

Vaporeon for Alomomola(physical)

Crawdaunt for M-Absol(mixed)

Rotom-H for Amoongus to form regen core(i have concerns about opponents taunters however, defensive Rotom Heat has pivotal role with VoltSwitch thus less susceptible to taunt)

Espeon for Alakazam as Magic Bounce user, although i have reservation for Focus miss accuracy, i am not always favored by RNGesus when it comes to accuracy.

Taunter hazard setter Cobalion for M-Aero since M-Absol already occupies mega slot

@CG, I guess I can wall fighting types with Amooguss-Alomomola and thank you CG for the offer, i will hit you up on server PM for a battle whenever you are around and ready :)

P.S. One question guys, can Alomomola handle Scarfed Mienshao/Arcanine/Darmanitan alone?

Just a few notes:

- Zam has Magic Guard, not Bounce. He doesn't take Hazard / Status / Weather damage, but does not send them back, which means a T-wave still cripples it.

- Cobalion is a wonderful pokemon to use. I mainly have Volt Switch on mine (usually coupled with M-Beedrill, or M-Pidgeot) and you have a solid Fairy check

- You no longer have Hazard control, but you shouldn't mind, because none of your pokemon are hurt by it. Absol may send some back, so it's a bonus.

- Now you have 3 pokemon that can use Fighting type moves, so play around the movesets. You can even give Mamoswine Stone Edge instead of Superpower, or Knock off and have Absol with Night Slash. The possible scenarios are many, and you can't prepare for all.

I will run your team and see what I get from it. I can't promise great results, but I'll see what I can do.

Till then, experiment with the sets, but my personal favorite for Absol is: Knock Off, Play Rough, Fire Blast, Superpower/Swords Dance/Sucker Punch. Since you now have Cobalion, Superpower seems redundant, so you could opt for SD, since you'll force a lot of switches. SuckerPunch just deals with setup sweepers that you didn't manage to terminate early, and works only when your Regen-core is out.

Happy to see all my suggestions got in, somehow :P

You can also use HP Fighting over Focus Miss if you prefer, since it is quite questionable accuracy, although the power drop is extremely noticeable. Shadow Ball will be able to hit most Steels hard anyway since they are mostly Defensive, although Empoleon will give Alakazam a spot of trouble with the high SpeDef.

P.S. One question guys, can Alomomola handle Scarfed Mienshao/Arcanine/Darmanitan alone?

You'd have to run more than the atypical 40/252+ spread, or Reckless Mienshao can 2HKO you after SR. 188 HP EVs narrow it down to 0.4% chance after SR from the usual 50%, but you lose a ton of special bulk. Just an option.

Even then, Mienshao isn't really comfortable with HJK spam knowing that most giant Luvdiscs carry Protect.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896