Replacing Snubbull

Frankfurt

It's really up to you how you organize a team. There's no real wrong or right way to form it unless you choose 6 lvl 5 magikarp, which literally does not work because they all only know splash. It might help to know the rest of your team in order to understand how to balance it all instead of having to decide between a fairy and a dark type.

Swoobat Infernape Diggersby Donphan and Manectric. 3 weak to water types. I just realized that

The backups I have are a fearow and a female meowstic.

Granbull is gonna be faar more usefull then liepard.

Close combat(egg move if you are lucky) + play rough by lvl 43 is insane. Also learns bite( crunch too but very late) + the elemental fangs once you get to the move relearner.

There's no need to run both Donphan and Diggersby, just choose one of them so you'll have another free slot for a more useful pokemon. In your case, i'd say something to counter the Water Weakness, the first that comes to my mind is Roserade. Not so useful for the incoming Gym, but overall a great mon

You might want to consider adding more of special based pokemon instead of having the heavy reliance on physical moves. I'd also suggest you pick up a duskull or a yamask when you can, as their bulkiness and status affliction are wonderful assets for future battles. Also, if you still haven't evolved snubbull at this point, it might be time to move on without him.

A Magneton(for evolving) maybe? also the reason I have donphan is magnitude. Diggersby currently has rock smash double kick and take down (and mudshot). because I can't get better moves for it. and would Magneton instantly evolve after a level up since the power plant should count as an electric field?

Edited by Frankfurt

Magneton. Yes. It is power.

And no, obtaining the power of the Lord Magnezone is not so simple. If you are determined, here is the Way of the Magnet:

Magnezone is so much power, that it was deemed too strong to allow you to have it simply by level up in the old power plant. If you notice the locked room at the far ends of Shade's gym, that's the special electrified area where Magneton can be levelled up to evolve.

Unfortunately, the key to that room, the Yureyu key, is not available until after you get to use Strength. There's a horrible, multi-layered Strength puzzle that one has to solve to get access to a that key. More can be found in the specific item guides or by searching the internet; I'll not spoil it here.

Yamask and Duskull are nice, but I would prefer the former (Relaxed or Bold). Can definitely help you in future battles.
Also, you can get Zorua and Murkrow if you do the gang sidequests (And Carvanha/Houndour). All great against the next leader.

I had a Granbull for a while but it had Rattled as well for its ability. I think the fairy typing would be nice to keep around seeing how many common attacks are blocked by it, but there are some gyms that will give fairies a hard time as well. I swapped mine for an Azumarill. Prankster Liepard is nice but its probably better if you had access to T-Wave.

You CAN use an ability capsule to give Granbull Intimidate though. Depending on what you're team needs. Maybe Gourgeist? I'm not sure if its available where you are but it gets Will-o-the-Wisp, Leech Seed, and Shadow Sneak.

Afaik Gourgeist is in fact available. You have to return to the library in Beryl Ward and help the librarian. She gives you a Soul Candle, which is used to summon a Pumpkaboo at night at the cemetery when you interact with one of the pumpkins there.

The thing with Liepard is that it doesn't get many status moves for it to make good use of Prankster. Intimidate and Fairy-typing on Granbull, however, are a really nice combo against Fighting-types. It's not destroyed by Knock Off either, unlike Swoobat.

Edited by Zargerth

In one of my many playthroughs I used Intimidate Granbull with Charm alongside Baby-Doll Eyes Ursaring and it was working really good with a set up sweeper (can't remember which). But around mid-late game they start to fall behind for some reason :/.

Also Liepard is only usefull cause of Prankster Sand Attack, which is really luck based. Other than that it doesn't have anything special...

Update: New Team. Cofagrigus (or whatever evolves from yamask). Donphan Diggersby Infernape Swoobat and Temporarily a Heatmor that I want to replace with an electric type (Magnezone which I'm gonna get today hopefully) so pretty much this is resolved and it can now go and be forgotten forever ;)

Edited by Frankfurt