Pokemon XY and XY&Z. Did the Pokemon Anime get better?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at it, Ash this season has 3 part flying types, 1 of which gets brutally rekt by ice and the other by rocks.. If goodra returns, he'll also have 2 dragons which is something that never happens.. I think ash always has type diversity on his team so I'm skeptical that goodra will rejoin him. Hell, with the prospect of the bullsh*t frog, maybe he really won't even need a 6th.

well, scratch that, I think he had a bulba and chikorita on the team in johto, making it 2 grass types... not sure anymore

Edited by Masquerain

Masquerain, on 21 May 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

Sunmoon is like 6 months away, weekly episodes are fully capable of finishing the anime by then.

It's already been confirmed that Goodra is coming back (Yay!).

And sadly 6 months is nowhere near enough to wrap up the story in any meaningful way. Black and White had some great Gym Battles, but was really weakened by having its League only lasting 5 episodes. Meanwhile D&P, the season which according to most had the best league battles, lasted 9 episodes. If there are 6 months left till Sun and Moon, that means we'll have 24 more episodes. Ash gets his last badge in 2 weeks. Then there's the return of Goodra episode. And after that we'll perhaps have some more filler before the league itself. The league will last 6-9 episodes. This will leave us with in the best case scenario 10 episodes to end the Ash and Alain rivalry and complete the Team Flare plot. Not to mention wrap up the series and introduce Sun and Moon.

This is just a rough estimate, but perhaps you can see how 24 episode is not nearly enough time to wrap up the series.

Edited by Tartar

It's already been confirmed that Goodra is coming back (Yay!).

And sadly 6 months is nowhere near enough to wrap up the story in any meaningful way. Black and White had some great Gym Battles, but was really weakened by having its League only lasting 5 episodes. Meanwhile D&P, the season which according to most had the best league battles, lasted 9 episodes. If there are 6 months left till Sun and Moon, that means we'll have 24 more episodes. Ash gets his last badge in 2 weeks. Then there's the return of Goodra episode. And after that we'll perhaps have some more filler before the league itself. The league will last 6-9 episodes. This will leave us with in the best case scenario 10 episodes to end the Ash and Alain rivalry and complete the Team Flare plot. Not to mention wrap up the series and introduce Sun and Moon.

This is just a rough estimate, but perhaps you can see how 24 episode is not nearly enough time to wrap up the series.

Well it's not like the new anime comes out right when sunmoon does.. But anyway, we'll see how it goes. Can I ask where did you see the confirmation of Goodra returning? I know there's an episode where they go back to where it is but, is there a source that states that goodra is rejoining ash's team 100%?

Edited by Masquerain

Based on the recent episode I feel like he relied to much on ash-greninja, which got wrecked by an avalugg that sweeped his team. The goodra return episode, that I don't know. I do know that they go back at some point, but its not confirmed that he gets goodra again. People have been speculating that his last mon is either a skiido/gogoat or tyrunt. personally I just hope that the last mon is good.

That's my greatest issue with XYZ . It's too frog-centric and in every ep you just see Ash overuse his bullsh*t frog and it either gets rekt and then syncros or ash collapses and his frog gets rekt. I'm glad that avalugg rekt the syncro frog without ash fainting. It gets annoying when they focus too much on one thing and kinda neglect the rest of the team. He might get Goodra on his team or might not, but to me it feels weird that he'd have 2 dragons on the team.. He also has 3 flying types but they all share a different 2nd typing. I always felt like they ditched Goodra to replace it with noivern for the dragon spot but who knows. I think Ash should get an ice type since I think the only ice type he ever had was glalie (don't remember others) .. but he usually also always has a grass type so, there's good enough reason to think he'll one way or another get a kalos grass type, i.e. as you said, skiddo (or maybe the phantump will make a return) .. but for grass his options are scarce. I'd want him to get an amaura or so.

Maybe people think Goodra will rejoin the team because it's kinda late into the show and there's not enough to introduce an entirely new pokemon that is gonna train and become "good" enough for the league

That's my greatest issue with XYZ . It's too frog-centric and in every ep you just see Ash overuse his bullsh*t frog and it either gets rekt and then syncros or ash collapses and his frog gets rekt. I'm glad that avalugg rekt the syncro frog without ash fainting. It gets annoying when they focus too much on one thing and kinda neglect the rest of the team. He might get Goodra on his team or might not, but to me it feels weird that he'd have 2 dragons on the team.. He also has 3 flying types but they all share a different 2nd typing. I always felt like they ditched Goodra to replace it with noivern for the dragon spot but who knows. I think Ash should get an ice type since I think the only ice type he ever had was glalie (don't remember others) .. but he usually also always has a grass type so, there's good enough reason to think he'll one way or another get a kalos grass type, i.e. as you said, skiddo (or maybe the phantump will make a return) .. but for grass his options are scarce. I'd want him to get an amaura or so.

Maybe people think Goodra will rejoin the team because it's kinda late into the show and there's not enough to introduce an entirely new pokemon that is gonna train and become "good" enough for the league

Sorry if I got your hopes up, it's not "entirely" confirmed that Goodra is returning to Ash's team.

But at the same time we've got a Goodra episode coming up soon, and when Goodra left some 60 episodes ago it was pretty much always with the intention that it would be coming back at some point, since it was simply too powerful compared to his other Pokemon at the time. Otherwise a whole slew of episodes and a whole arc would be wasted. Personally I doubt he'll get another Pokemon, but rather Goodra will join him in his League battles.

Oh, and I definitely hope that they don't coincide the Sun and Moon anime with the launch of the games. But sadly they've done this with every past game release coinciding with the start of a new series. On the same date with S/R and D/P. And within two weeks of the releases of B/W and XY. Oh, how this pains me... But hey, perhaps this time they'll make an exception...

Edited by Tartar

I think Ash should get an ice type since I think the only ice type he ever had was glalie (don't remember others) ..

Ash had also Lapras as an ice type...

But I agree that a Bergmite would be nice addition to his team!

It's not like Ash controls the transformation tho. Greninja is the one who starts to adjust to ash's heart rate, so that's the thing. That fight against the final gym leader, all he did was force his way with ash greninja, he was so occupied will full force that he didn't have time to react. Then the guy said something to him I assume about using all power or something idk. What I do know is that this form is too depended on. Literally ever chance they get they put this form in. Besides we all know who is going to win between ash and trevor in the end anyway.

It's not like Ash controls the transformation tho. Greninja is the one who starts to adjust to ash's heart rate, so that's the thing. That fight against the final gym leader, all he did was force his way with ash greninja, he was so occupied will full force that he didn't have time to react. Then the guy said something to him I assume about using all power or something idk. What I do know is that this form is too depended on. Literally ever chance they get they put this form in. Besides we all know who is going to win between ash and trevor in the end anyway.

Pretty much my biggest issue with XYZ ... if you ignore the fact this form is pulled out of their asses in the first place but yeah.. This anime makes me dislike pokemon I used to like

@pyrromanis Dno how I forgot that, but true. He still needs more ice types

Pretty much my biggest issue with XYZ ... if you ignore the fact this form is pulled out of their asses in the first place but yeah.. This anime makes me dislike pokemon I used to like

I don't know. I actually like the premise that any Pokemon can achieve Mega Evolution, and that Ash and Greninja are so close that they "overlapping emotions" (whatever that means) manifests as Mega Evolution. This implies that Ash is much closer to his Pokemon due to not actually needing neither a Key Stone or a Mega Stone to evolve.

people r speculating that was the issue with infernapes "hyper blaze". Theres a lot of evidence with this theory. Chimchar's blaze like paul said was really powerful. B4 Paul caught it the blaze was powerful, and somewhat controllable. Then when paul caught it all chimchar gave was a regular blaze. Then ash owns chimchar and "hyper blaze" kicks in. There was a lot of differences from the time chimchar activated its in the wild. For one thing, chimchar never lost complete control of itself, it always had somewhat control. Then it eyes glow red like greninja's in every evolution line this activates.. Lastly "hyper blaze" always kicks in when it is losing or in a pinch (very harshly), like ash-greninja's transformation. I really hope that infernape gets an evolution like this. It would be so awesome.

I don't know. I actually like the premise that any Pokemon can achieve Mega Evolution, and that Ash and Greninja are so close that they "overlapping emotions" (whatever that means) manifests as Mega Evolution. This implies that Ash is much closer to his Pokemon due to not actually needing neither a Key Stone or a Mega Stone to evolve.

I'm not gonna hate on the concept itself. I'm gonna hate on the fact that it gets asspulled into a place and time where mega-evolution is JUST being introduced..and then out comes a frog that puts every mega to shame because it'd be invincible and 1-2shot megas if Ash wouldn't collapse

Let's not even mention that supposedly Ash became closer to his frog than his own starter, which further makes this thing ass-pulled just because frogs had to shine somehow

Let's not even mention that supposedly Ash became closer to his frog than his own starter, which further makes this thing ass-pulled just because frogs had to shine somehow

But the Ash Greninja forme isn't triggered by "regular" closeness, but the overlapping of the emotional states and the conviction of the two involved, Greninja's desire to surpass its limits and become strong overlaps with Ash's challange (as in the emotion) and desire to fight with his Pokemon. This triggers a Mega-Evolution different from regular mega evolution which is triggered by a Pokemon's fondness of its trainer which regular mega evolution is triggered by.

If anything, this is closer to what real mega evolution looks like compared to what every other trainer uses to mega evolve.

yeah, but ash always had that challenging desire. Greninja is the one always adjusting. Ash's heart rate was always the same, he never adjusted it to greninja. Even so I know that its new and that their trying to unlock all the powers of this thing, but give it a break. The is so overused its not even funny.

Well apparently the series just got finished having the greatest single episode in Pokemon history, or at least according to everyone I've talked to who understands Japanese. Can't say for myself yet though, because no speak Japanese.

It's literally just Ash emoing and "losing his way" , arguing with Serena bc she understands nothing, then he emos alone some more remembering his childhood and how he wanted to travel with pokemanz 1 day until some spewpas get in trouble and he and frog save them , resulting in a bad cliche NAKAMA POWA WE DO DIS TOGETHA speech and frog gets its magical giant shuriken again..and they all lived happily ever after

I suppose it depends on your standards. For me it was a mere cliche.. To claim this as the single best episode in pokemon history is ludicrous

Edited by Masquerain

Are you guys watching the newer episodes with english subtitles? Because I can't find anything beyond episode 24 in english. Having to wait one more month till the 8th gym is literally killing me... And now you're telling me it's the best episode ever? Geez, you guys are so cruel.

Edited by Tartar

Hey it's not me saying it, just everyone that I know, online or irl, who speaks Japanese. Well, unless Masquerain also speaks Japanese, cuz she's literally the first person I've ever met to not say it's the best thing to ever happen

Come to think of it, I know a suprising amount of people who speak Japanese considering I live in pretty much the farthest from Japan you can get in America

Not really but enough to understand the gist of it .. and yeah, it depends on your standards and how you take it. But I don't see how any of that classifies as anything special enough to get the title of "best episode ever" Personally, I could name at least 5 other more special or emotional eps I've seen from the entirety of the anime.. But there are a lot of ashfrog fanbois and fangrills out there, they tend to exaggerate hardcore. I'd personally be more excited about the upcoming gym rematch lol at wulfric's 3rd 'mon

rip in peace freezedry