Ranting ahead.

Yuki

• Administrators

Okay so I hear that whole losing faith in humanity thing a lot (admittedly not recently) and you know it's actually kind of annoying.

To those guilty, consider the following:

I love these two videos and I think the problem isn't humanity but rather the perspective of those losing faith in it- and you're not helping!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when I have to explain competitive battling to pretty much everyone who wants to get in on it. I mean seriously, I literally used my entire lunch time one day to discuss the meta game, different team building options, EV and IV, and I still get questions on things I explained already.

I just got assigned a school project that is literally going to send me into a berserk rage.

It is

• A group project
  • With defined due dates
  • A debate assignment
  • Involving Political Policies
  • With subjects that either A: Have absolutely no impact on me what so ever, or B: Are so stupid that everyone agrees that something needs to happen and trying to even think of a negative argument would be like trying to prevent me from kicking enough rare endangered baby wolf puppies to make a mountain as large as Olympus Mons on Mars because this fucking assignment is the very thing that I have come to COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DESPISE.

Thank you Teacher. I'll just spend the rest of my day in the Metal Shop because now I'm pretty sure I'm just going to fail this final project due to my incredibly fierce hatred of these kinds of assignments. Go ahead and give me my E. I Really do not care now.

I just got assigned a school project that is literally going to send me into a berserk rage.

It is

• A group project
  • With defined due dates
  • A debate assignment
  • Involving Political Policies
  • With subjects that either A: Have absolutely no impact on me what so ever, or B: Are so stupid that everyone agrees that something needs to happen and trying to even think of a negative argument would be like trying to prevent me from kicking enough rare endangered baby wolf puppies to make a mountain as large as Olympus Mons on Mars because this fucking assignment is the very thing that I have come to COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DESPISE.

Thank you Teacher. I'll just spend the rest of my day in the Metal Shop because now I'm pretty sure I'm just going to fail this final project due to my incredibly fierce hatred of these kinds of assignments. Go ahead and give me my E. I Really do not care now.

What are the topics? I'll lend you a hand.

A real short one.

I'm sick of people who don't know the difference between acting stupid and being stupid. For example, I fool around for a laugh with friends, but every serious person under the sun doesn't get it and literally think I'm stupid.

..This sounds weird and petty, doesn't it?

A real short one.

I'm sick of people who don't know the difference between acting stupid and being stupid. For example, I fool around for a laugh with friends, but every serious person under the sun doesn't get it and literally think I'm stupid.

..This sounds weird and petty, doesn't it?

I feel you on that, although the best part about acting stupid is when you get to say something really insightful and eloquent that leaves people's lower jaws on the floor so you can curbstomp them.

Choo choo motherfuckers! This fail train's going full speed thanks to this good for nothing debate assignment on gun control.

My solution? Ban Semi/Automatic reload weapons from civilian ownership, and only allow manual reload rifles/pistols that have to be reloaded after a shot. It'd make mass murder a hell of a lot more difficult, and you only should need one, maybe two bullets for "self defense."

Fuck this debate assignment. Fuck Politics. Fuck Government Policies.

I'd feel better if some of the subjects were even slightly relevant to me.

Well... let's just say there's something that really pisses me off, and is kinda my fault too. Let's say that sometimes when i'm on highschool, my ex-girlfriend sometimes likes to come to me and talk about things and stuff (and it's not a bad thing y'know, having your ex to be your friend again and stuff, but at the same time, you know it's not the same thing as before... for various reasons), then, sometimes she likes to tell me things like, that she met someone that she really likes, like...a lot, and that she wants to be her girlfriend and shit, and in my head i'm like: ''ohh... so... after you and I broke up, you only come to me 3 months later to tell me that you met someone new... ok it's fine, I'm glad for you, really, but why do you have to come here to say me that, you little piece of shit? Don't you have friends for that? That ain't cool...'' ...aaahhh, well... I don't hate her or anything, and i'm glad that she's happy with her life and stuff but still... ugh, I hope you guys don't go through things like that, cuz' it feels like shit.

Yeaahh... relationships, aren't they beautiful? ;D

Arguments off the top of my head for leaving guns alone/loosening some gun laws-

The "Red Dawn" scenario- some country catches the military off guard and invades the country with every intent to rule. People are gonna want to fight back themselves to protect family, home, and way of life. Hard to do that without guns to take out of the closet and dust off. Cons: highly unlikely scenario.

Oppressive government scenario: attempt to use soldiers to subdue/pacify a state/region/etc, take away rights, etc. Gotta be able to make a stand, I suppose. Cons: Does the civil war ring a bell? Lots of dead people, all American. Also, soldiers vow to uphold and defend the constitution and are obligated to have the moral and personal courage to stand up against something that just isn't right. There would probably be a lot of conflicted and unwilling soldiers in this scenario.

When you never know who's packing, you give everyone that much more basic respect.

Not that there won't be a lot of hot-heads doing stupid shit and getting themselves and others killed. That happens with or without firearms, so that doesn't really change.

But mainly, punishing the masses for the stupidity and wrong doing of a few is really stupid and ABSOLUTELY foments discontent and unrest, causing trouble in the first place. As a military guy, I have first-hand experience with this bullshit.

The 'bad' guys are gonna get their hands on prohibited stuff anyways. That's part of why they're bad guys. Now you're taking away stuff from the vast majority of people who haven't done anything wrong and won't do anything wrong with firearms, handicapping their ability to protect themselves. There are always people who can handle certain things and responsibilities, and others who can't.

I really don't like the NRA, but I've come to accept that fact there are some things I do agree with them on. I'd probably write more but I don't want to spend that much more time on this one topic.

In terms of gun control I do agree with most of your points. I think most of it falls under "some dumbass did it, now we punish everyone." It's just that the United States is terrible when it comes to judging what needs to change based on one or two publicized events.

I never held a gun but I know regardless that murder and theft will be largely unaffected regardless and can actually improve security somewhat. Using a gun for self-defense is a pricey and controversial move though, not all will agree with this movement. However, the more people restrict a certain thing the more of the urge for anyone of us to do it. Let them guns ring! Then run like hell when FPSRussia has Two AA-12's in each hand.

I've heard every argument related to the gun ban, and even though I never insult people for having a different opinion then what I have, I can say I disagree with the banning. Mainly because I live in the middle of the woods, about a good 30 minutes out of town, and the wild hog population has been booming. I feel much safer in the morning while walking my dog around and I know I can handle one if it comes to that.

You probably have read it on the front page, but I have to freaking say this... I HATE THE AREA WERE I LIVE!!! I got robbed on the public transport. They snatched my backpack that had 3 expensive books (I had a lot of homework in one of them), some notebooks, a carpet that I had to hand over the wednesday, my F*CKING 3ds, some money and a cheap cellphone... GOD DAMMIT!!

No, 2 men were already in the van and just 2 avenues before I reached my house, they threatened me and anoter guy to give them all of our things, I gave them the cheap cellphone first and I guess that they were not satisfied, so they also took our backpacks... then they saidus to get out of the van and they ran away with al of our things...

Because if you don't know if someone is packing heat, you're less likely to commit crime. You're not gonna rob someone when there's over a 50% chance that they'll be able to pull a glock on you. A gun in the hands of a law-abiding citizen is one of the best anti-crime tools you can have.

• Administrators

And a law-abiding citizen with a gun has the potential to suddenly become a non-law-abiding citizen, with a gun. In fact, almost every non-law-abiding citizen was once a law-abiding citizen.

More importantly, I'm more concerned about the whole Ring of Gyges thing

So by that logic, the police shouldn't have guns because they can turn into non-law-abiding citizens as well. There never was a point in history where people who obeyed the law of the land were outnumbered those who don't, with the exception of revolutions (Which, the people of those lands deemed those laws to be unjust anyway). Pulling guns off the table has shown to only worsen violent crime conditions, while areas with large amounts of civilian gun ownership have shown to be the among the most peaceful in the nation.

there are already more licensed gun owners in the states than there are members of the American military, if citizens with guns was actually a big issue we'd have known it by now and wouldn't be surprised/taken aback every time there was a public shooting.

criminals are already getting guns illegally without needing a license in the first place, gun prohibition would only shift the # of people with guns to criminals & the police...

i could buy a gun today from some bangers i know if i had the want/money, it's really not that hard if you know the right people.