Team for Radomus (psychic gym)

Frankfurt

Currently I have an Infernape (Queen Kong) Steelix (Diamond) Diggersby (Easter) Jones (Cofarigus) an unnicknamed Seismitoad and Donphan (Dumbo). I'm thinking about benching infernape this fight and putting back in batwoman (Swoobat). but the field for that battle would destroy swoobat. so what should I use to bench infernape for the fight?

Heracross, despite the Fighting type, helps a lot, because it is faster than his TR team (without TR, of course, kill the setters first) and can spam Megahorn easily.

A dark type which is fast also helps; try Sharpedo, Krookodile, Honchkrow or Houndoom?

I personally find Dark types good choices, naturally. Krookodile can get up Moxie boosts and resists the Psychic field to attempt a sweep, for example, whereas Honchkrow is also a solid pick. Radomus team generally isn't very fast whereas being able to eliminate his Trick Room setters first (most of which are quite vulnerable). Bug types like Leavanny/Heracross/Pinsir (not sure if you can get them pre-Radomus but if you go to the right places you probably can) also do well as they get rid of his Trick Room setters easily.

Infernape can help VS his Metagross and Exeggutor, actually, so it's not entirely useless.

I believe the only thing you need to add to the team in order to win is a strong bug type. You can get heracross before the fight, and I highly recommend that you do because megahorn. I'm not sure whether or not the pinsir comes with a bug move when you catch it (according to serebii and memory it doesn't), so unless you've found the key to the move-relearner Heracross is best.

Also, think about the switch more in terms of levels than anything else. If one pokemon is lagging behind considerably, it's probably best to swap that out versus a higher level, even if it might not fair the best.

Edited by Cyanna Cyril

Confirming that Heracross can be obtained before Radomus. Leavanny as well, but you have to catch a sewaddle in Beryl and nearby forests and evolve it, and even then leavannybas is a bad Mon that late into the game. Unlike Heracross, it will also be susceptible to Rock attacks.

I just hate megahorn because it lost me some important fights. I guess I can deal with RNG tho. also where do I get heracross from (ik route 1 or 2) but where there and what level is it. and steelix is in the high level 40's while the rest of my team is level 51-54

Heracross is available in the South Aventurine Woods, the place with all the spider webs and logs South of Route 1. You have to use Honey on the trees to get Heracross and Pinsir to clear all the logs for you (some have to be cleared by Bouffalant as well, and in places you need to ride Tautos down into the woods) and then when you go all the way to the back, you will see the last pair of Heracross and Pinsir fighting. Kill Pinsir to get Heracross.

A video of it is available in the Pokémon location guide, I am sure, or on Google if you sear h for it. If I remember aright, Heracross is at the high level 40s or maybe higher.

Using a Pokemon with Calm Mind lets you take advantage of the field pretty well because for some reason, Radomus wouldn't let his own Pokemon spam Calm Mind (whereas you the player can abuse it for max Special stats). Unfortunately, your Swoobat can't do this well due to its abilities. Gardevoir actually slow swept Radomus for me, 1v4. Calm Mind boosted to max and tanked both opponent Pokemon every turn. Draining Kiss at +6 was enough to 2-shot most of his Pokemon and keep Gardevoir alive turn after turn. I don't know how well Musharna can do this, but it seems to be a viable alternative if you don't want to jump through the hoops to get a Ralts and train it up.

Yes, Exeggutor was replaced in a recent episode.

But Bug types and Dark types are generally the way to go. I like Moxie Krook or Honch, but Heracross is definitely a good choice, as well. Radomus rarely uses Trick Room, tbh...

Spiritomb can be quite a nice Pokemon against him, since it is able to deal with Gallade with exactly 0 problems due to the Dark/Ghost typing. Nasty Plot Mismagius can also click Shadow Ball a couple of times to kill everything bar Malamar for the win. Incidentally, you need a Spiritomb to get Nasty Plot on Mismagius, so using both isn't a bad idea.