• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current standings.

Avalon: Slight lead over Amazon

Ravenholt: Slight lead over Gaia

Phantom Vulcan: Utter destruction over Atlantis

Gaia is making a comeback. I can feel it.

Good job Phantoms. You've made a good start.

This week didn't go too well for us unfortunately, but we will make a nice comeback!

thats the spirit Xiri but we will make sure that comeback isnt against us though

I played like garbage after talking so much shit. Ironic, I guess. Feels nice in a way though XD.

Eh, that's why you don't talk up what ya can't back up lol~ Still though I'm sure there's plenty of weeks you can take another swing so, I wouldn't worry too much XD>

This is true. Apophyll came tied for second place after an 0-3 losing streak.

True. I guess time will tell if you're a Ruin or an Apophyll.

Imperial - as I said before, it Bagel has to wait till Sunday, then he'll wait till Sunday. We're barely halfway through the week.

im posting this here because we were told not to continue in the other thread. but if bagel can't play on saturday/sunday and your player was seen online during a time they could both play, but didnt, then you should be forced to sub. correct?

im posting this here because we were told not to continue in the other thread. but if bagel can't play on saturday/sunday and your player was seen online during a time they could both play, but didnt, then you should be forced to sub. correct?

Not if he didn't get the time to make a team. The time you're reffering to was when he just started building. Right now he only has 4 mons and genuinly got interrupted. But if we're going by that rule: Exlink should be subbed as well.

However that was not my problem. My point was: you don't attack / call out a player in public. None of you knew his circumstances. You could've easily PM'd every single committee member to show Bagel was ready. Or you could've contacted Jericho who could easily ask Spine personally. Instead you take it public. Why? To get all the upvotes? To call Spine out for something that was out of his control? (the interruptions) This is what I call being disrespectful.

And I may as well add something else: On the topic of Seccy telling Hoehe to stall the battle: Not true.

In fact I was the one who misunderstood Void and said that Skitty should be subbed as well. I was under the impression Skitty was unable to battle in the beginning of the week. After that Jericho posted her availability that gave us no guarantee the battle could actually happen. So I blatantly said Skitty and Void should get the same treatment and get a double substitute. I withdrew my statement once Void said he was the one who wasn't able to battle at all and that Skitty had been waiting.

Seccy only got involved when Hoehe found out he had to play. The only thing she said was to take his time and play when he felt confident and had time to test his team. Because let's face it. I heard Skitty is one of the best battlers around so anyone would go in well prepared. And I think most of Avalon figured this week was going to be difficult and losing was quite possible. So there was never a reason for us to avoid anyone. Nations only just started and there are more battles to come. So what if we lose one week?

But yet again Secundum gets attacked as soon as she posts something, gaining multiple upvotes. I saw this in the beginning of Nations as well when Rupe found it necessary to attack her at every available option, even when she wasn't around. And again multiple people start to upvote. Now I may not know much about things that went on on the server, but this looks to me like targeting a single person. No matter what happened in the past, targeting people in a friendly competition is not ok. (This is also the reason I reacted to Jelly in the first place.)

I would be fine with it if people were laughing with Avalon in general. Or if they are good friends talking trash back and forth. Hell, I'm the first one there to laugh at it and get involved if it's for fun. I'm all for it. But calling people out in public / attacking them at every change they had? That's ruining the fun for others. Sorry, but I thought Reborn was a friendly and open community. Clearly I was mistaken. And the people upvoting such posts... I got 0 respect for them.

I may be wrong here but this is the impression caused by certain people to an outsider like me.

So now one of our players should be subbed after being busy one day when comparing a player who has been busy for over half the week. I can play whenever because though I'm busy on weekends I understand battles take 15 minutes max so in a 24 hour day I think I can make some time.

So now one of our players should be subbed after being busy one day when comparing a player who has been busy for over half the week. I can play whenever because though I'm busy on weekends I understand battles take 15 minutes max so in a 24 hour day I think I can make some time.

If that is the only point you get out of that post...

We haven't seen your player for the entire week except for one day. Exams are, in my opinion, a reasonable excuse to delay one Pokémon battle. Especially if you have an entire week. But as I said, that's not my problem. Why take it public?

Honestly I'm just playing the game and don't care if spine is busy, I just don't want you to be calling out exlink for being afk since he has been actively seeking to battle at many other times and his opponent has already missed one of those times. He shouldn't be looped into this shit show.

Ok just stop the fighting and if you want to make another counter argument to this statement aswell. answer me will it do any good? what has happened has happened pursuing this will not do any good for wither side so just drop it and dont make any bad blood between either side.so just drop it lay down and relax

I agree with Bagel on this one.

And I thought a discussion in here was allowed because it's called General Discussion. My bad. So where do I take my problems with people being attacked directly? Or do I need to stick my head in the sand like everyone else?

Not if he didn't get the time to make a team. The time you're reffering to was when he just started building. Right now he only has 4 mons and genuinly got interrupted. But if we're going by that rule: Exlink should be subbed as well.

However that was not my problem. My point was: you don't attack / call out a player in public. None of you knew his circumstances. You could've easily PM'd every single committee member to show Bagel was ready. Or you could've contacted Jericho who could easily ask Spine personally. Instead you take it public. Why? To get all the upvotes? To call Spine out for something that was out of his control? (the interruptions) This is what I call being disrespectful.

And I may as well add something else: On the topic of Seccy telling Hoehe to stall the battle: Not true.

In fact I was the one who misunderstood Void and said that Skitty should be subbed as well. I was under the impression Skitty was unable to battle in the beginning of the week. After that Jericho posted her availability that gave us no guarantee the battle could actually happen. So I blatantly said Skitty and Void should get the same treatment and get a double substitute. I withdrew my statement once Void said he was the one who wasn't able to battle at all and that Skitty had been waiting.

Seccy only got involved when Hoehe found out he had to play. The only thing she said was to take his time and play when he felt confident and had time to test his team. Because let's face it. I heard Skitty is one of the best battlers around so anyone would go in well prepared. And I think most of Avalon figured this week was going to be difficult and losing was quite possible. So there was never a reason for us to avoid anyone. Nations only just started and there are more battles to come. So what if we lose one week?

But yet again Secundum gets attacked as soon as she posts something, gaining multiple upvotes. I saw this in the beginning of Nations as well when Rupe found it necessary to attack her at every available option, even when she wasn't around. And again multiple people start to upvote. Now I may not know much about things that went on on the server, but this looks to me like targeting a single person. No matter what happened in the past, targeting people in a friendly competition is not ok. (This is also the reason I reacted to Jelly in the first place.)

I would be fine with it if people were laughing with Avalon in general. Or if they are good friends talking trash back and forth. Hell, I'm the first one there to laugh at it and get involved if it's for fun. I'm all for it. But calling people out in public / attacking them at every change they had? That's ruining the fun for others. Sorry, but I thought Reborn was a friendly and open community. Clearly I was mistaken. And the people upvoting such posts... I got 0 respect for them.

I may be wrong here but this is the impression caused by certain people to an outsider like me.

As far as Jelly went, was he intentionally trying to call out someone? No not at all. Could he have accomplished what he set out to do in a more amicable way? Yeah, probably. That string of messages was originally in Alpha Omega Chat. Posting them here is certainly not against the rules and not even intended to be 'calling someone out'. But yes in the future, it'd probably be best to contact the committee more directly with such matters.

This is why you everyone needs to actively communicate their availability with their opponent ASAP in the week. One may be on the server, but that doesn't mean their ready to battle. That being said, if you're not ready to battle, you need to tell your opponent when you will be.