What Are We Doing With Our Lives

Exalted

In the future, I'd like to have a lot of possibilities and opportunities, and a lot of freedom of choice - that's because I'm rather indecisive, and I think I don't know myself well enough.

Right now I have two years of high school before going to the university (as the school I'm attending makes it very difficult to find any kind of "serious" job right after finishing it), and driving school, which I'll need to attend in about one year. I'm rather interested in Biology and Genetics, at least right now.

I also play the guitar: I'm hoping to start or join a group soon, but I'm also interested by video game soundtracks (I might try to cover some songs, for example). I listen to a lot of music, and I see it as a great way to convey someone's emotions.

The first thing I should do, though, is try to sit down for some time and try to understand myself a bit more, just to make me less indecisive and more confident.

and no I don't have a girlfiend (yet), unlike almost all of my irl friends :[

Well I'm at my last year at school. A few more days and life will turn into hell for me with university and stuff. All this time I've personally thought I drifted through life. Study, eat,sleep and repeat ya know. Although I still have stuff ahead of me I'm not really looking forward to it. I'm kind of the guy who takes one thing at a time and hardly cares what may come his way. I personally don't have some important goal in mind. I guess I could settle for mechanical engineering but my sights are set on being a writer although I have been discouraged from that path many times saying that it won't lead to a successful life and other stuff. But I still hope that I can make a name as a writer. Writing makes me feel alive.

Well, I'm a junior in high school, so I still got to go through high school. After that, I'll be doing two years of community college and then transferring for a four year major. Not sure where yet.

I'm not sure what I want to do when I grow up though, but I'm sure I'll find that out someday! :D

I am in a relationship with DW and I'm very happy!

Hope that gives some insight as to what I'm doing with my life!

Judging by the topic title alone, I first thought this was "what's the meaning of life?" - sort of topic.

Anyway, I have studied at university for 4 years now and should finish my Bachelor's degree soon. After that I'm off to do my military service - it's compulsory for all males here. I have avoided it for years, as I was studying. Military service lasts from 5 to 12 months. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that, maybe I'll keep studying for Master's degree.

Wow, it's really quite a treat to be able to read through all of these different plans and paths... Hmm, if I had anything to add to all of this collectively, it'd be this:

Expectations and desires are more than achievable if properly tempered with realism. That is not to say that even the most fantastic of dreams cannot become realities. Realistic goals should never mean to take the wind from your sails or limit your success. What you may feel is not realistic due to things such as time, money, or power are not truly so when you have the greatest form of energy achievable in this existence: motivation. So long as you can believe in your abilities or in your potential to achieve greater and grander things, no force on this planet can truly stop you. There might be larger heights and more obtrusive obstacles as you push forward, but these tests and challenges are what hones our being and makes us worthy of our power. So all in all, work towards your goals and work hard. We all share the struggle of achieving our dreams, and we've all seen those before us reach their destination. We have that potential to do the same, if not more.