Where would you start your Pokemon Journey?

Pokemon region journey decision  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What region would yo want to start ur Pokemon journey in

• Kanto
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos

So Im pretty sure people have asked this question to others, or they questioned themselves about it. That question is simple where in the pokemon world would you start you adventure? In this topic you can post on what region you would start in and your pokemon team. There are some restrictions so this can be a bit more fun.

1. Name the region that you start in

2. which starter would you choose form that region

3. your full pokemon team (can be more than 6)

4. The pokemon on your team must be native and originated from that region. you cannot select different mons from another region to be on your team.

ex: you pick kanto and have a hoenn pokemon on your team. <-- this is not acceptable

5. It is optional on whether you want ur pokemon fully evolved or not. (very interested in ur team results :) )

6. Only one starter per team.

7. traded pokemon are ok as long as their in the region

8. pokemon that show up in two regions is ok. ex oddish in kanto and hoenn.

9. No legendaries. any previous posts with legendaries is ok, but its not allowed any farther. (gender and genderless)

10. evolutionary lines available in other regions is ok ex you pick Johto and have a gligar. gliscor is ok

If there is a Topic about this already, please notify me and I'll make my way over to there immediately.

Other than that have fun and I eagerly await ur answers! :)

I would start my journey in Unova. my favourite region

my starter is obviously snivy (my signature mon)

my team would be:

1. Serperior

2. Palpitoad

3. Krookodile

4. Eelektross

5. rufflet

6. Hydreigon

additional members: gigalith, Zoroark, Gurrdurr, Scolipede, Archen, Reuniclus, Frillish (male), Volcorona

Edited by Jmanultrax1

Hoenn. Hoenn is my favorite region. The first pokemon game I played was Sapphire.

Torchic: was my first pokemon, the original starter. Also, Blaziken is a very strong pokemon.

Mawile: Is a pokemon that got my attention by the first time I saw it. I like it, I like its new typing. Back then it wasn't very strong, but mega Mawile can hit really hard and has got good defenses and a very good defensive typing. It would be my team's mega.

Flygon: my first dragon. I catched a trapinch because I liked it, but when it evolved I stopped liking it to LOVE it. I love Flygon and I love its line.

Cacturne: While not te best pokemon, I like its design and it has proven to be more useful and versatile that I thought in my Reborn grass monotype. I like it.

Milotic: When I first saw Feebas it looked cute to me, so I wasted a lot of time unsuccessfully searching it. Later in the game I eventually discovered Milotic and that it was its evolved form, wich made me to want it even more. Despite all my efforts and the time I wasted looking for it, I never got to have one. It's kind of my impossible pokemon love.

Altaria: cute and fluffy. I like it, I don't need more.

Tropius: It isn't a very good pokemon, and then it was even worse. Despite this, the first time I saw it, it fascinated me.

Cradilly and Armaldo: the region fossil pokemon. I put them together because I don't want to choose between them never again. I love both of them.

Shuppet: not banette, shuppet. It's my lil' cute ghost type.

Jirachi: Cutest legendary pokemon ever. I love its typing, I love its powers. It makes people dreams come true and it sleeps for thousands of year, they are my pokemon self!

I would like to add some pokemon of other regions (kingdra, heracross, skarmorry, lanturn, corsola...) but I suppose that Hoenn has everything I need.

Sounds fun, but I do have a quick question. Are trade evolutions allowed? (For example, Magmar is found in Johto but can evolve into Magmortar (a pokemon originally from Sinnoh) when traded and holding a Magmarizer.) If it's not the case, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for your time.

This sounds fun

Johto: I've always loved the Johto region.

I'd pick totodile as it is one of my favourite starters.

Pokemon:

Totodile

Azumarill (I know this is a second water type but I want it anyway)

Crobat

Ampharos

Heracross

Tyranitar

4. The pokemon on your team must be native and originated from that region. you cannot select different mons from another region to be on your team.

ex: you pick kanto and have a hoenn pokemon on your team. <-- this is not acceptable

What about the pokemon not technically from the region but are still native, ex:sandshrew in hoenn or any of the non-gen 6 mons in kalos?

EDIT:

Hoenn because love.

Swampert - First pokemon, my favorite pokemon. best water starter

Swellow - My second pokemon and also is my second favorite. Bet you can't tell how I thought of this username

Tropius - I fell in love with the banana tree during my first ever time playing pokemon, it for sure has a spot here.

Wailord - Just an amazing pokemon for me whenever I have used it in-game.

Those four are my original team from my first ever play through of Ruby(Which I still have)

For pokemon I would add now:

Manectric - I used it during a play of Sapphire and then again in Omega Ruby, fell in love.

Sandslash - Sandshrew was my first shiny, it only seems right for him to be a part of my team.

Edited by Swampellow

I would start in Kalos because it would be a new area to me.

My starter would be fenniken because I like the mage-like look of Delphox.

My team would eventually look like:
-Delphox
-Aegislash

-Noivern

-Sylveon

-Malamar

-Clawitzer

Edited by FairFamily

Johto for sure.

I'd pick Cyndaquil.

Typhlosion
Noctowl
Ampharos
Yanma (or Yanmega if that's allowed)
Heracross

Muk

Arcanine

Tauros

Jolteon
Espeon

Gligar (or Gliscor if that's allowed)

Porygon2 (or Porygon-Z if that's allowed)

Lapras

Venusaur (in reality I would have one but you said only one starter)

Tyranitar

Unova, a place of truth and ideals~

Emboar (tbh if Blaziken and Infernape didn't come before it, I think there would be less hate for this one - but anyway, I really like its shiny Sprite and its huge movepool which even includes Scald, making it one of two Fire types to learn that.)

Jellicent (who doesn't love this, tbh. I also was contemplating Chandy, but Emboar's already my Fire type :>)

Whimsicott (ploof)

Archeops (one of the coolest Flying types in Unova, plus fossils yea!!! ew ability tho)

Cinccino (omg so cute omg so skill link + kings rock wee)

Scrafty (luv this one too, gimme that moxie + high jump kick)

Eelektross (no weaknesses + omg so cool + why does it learn these moves lol)

Other Pokemon I like that I would consider: Victini, Chandelure, Stoutland, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Carracoasta, Sawsbuck, Escavalier, Lilligant, Reuniclus, Mienshao, Swanna, Crustle, Emolga, Scolipede, Krookodile, Vanillite

Sinnoh - It has always been my favorite region

Starter: Piplup (Not my favorite Water starter, but it'll do)

Team:

GLACEON

FROSLASS

MAMOSWINE

WEAVILE

TOGEKISS

EMPOLEON

Honorable Mentions: Garchomp, Rotom-Wash, Staraptor and Lucario (Hint Hint)

Region: Originally, I wanted to go with Jotho, but I decided to go with a region I havn't explored at all: Unova

Starter: Snivy.

Pokémon party: Serperior, Gigalith, Excadrill, Chandelure, Escavalier and Braviary

Hounarble mentions: Stoutland (freaking tank of a dog), Zoroark, Klingklang, Cofagrigus and Lilligant.

Kind of a tie between Johto and Unova but I'll go with Unova because.

So anyway

Would start in Unova

Pick Snivy

Full team would be..

Serperior
Mienshao
Galvantula
Zoroark
Chandelure
Scolipede

honorable mentions: Krookodile, Jellicent, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Eelektross, Leavanny

Edited by Masquerain

Sinnoh. Because it's a good mix by nature and citizen. Not much nature like Hoenn and much newlike city with technoligies like Unova.

Fits perfect for me.

Pokemon.

1. Infernape

2. Roserade

3. Dusknoir

4. Staraptor

5. Luxray

6. Floatzel

Honorable mentions: Mamoswine, Electrive, Mismagius, Froslass, Honchcrow, Sudowoodo, Spiritomb, Togekiss. A lot of pokemon in sinnoh actually ._.

Region: Kanto [Kalos]

Starter: Eevee (it was Blues starter in yellow! - hope that counts...) [Froakie]

Team:

Eevee

Jolteon

Vaporeon [Greninja]

Flareon

Sylveon

Glaceon

additional:

Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, [Vaporeon]

and don't you dare say they aren't native!

Eeveelutions could never be caught in the wild, and the only reason they couldn't be native is because of not yet implemented game mechanics! :P

but IF you would say that - there are my 'second opinions'

Hoenn. Was the first region I travelled through and despite all the water I loved it.

Starter would be treecko and my endgame team would be

Sceptile- on my first run I chose this guy and i still love him for the badass he is.

Manectric- my faithful companion.

Milotic- I like its elegant and mystic design.

Exploud- it looks stupid but it looks cool too. Plus it looks like the type that enjoys heavy metal!

Flygon- it's a different take on the whole dragon thing and frankly I like it a lot.

Absol- dark is my favorite type and absolutely just looks so badass and awesome. I also like how it's hero with bad publicity. It really adds to its character.

I'll start in Kanto.

Rattata will be my starter... And my only Pokemon... It will be called Alexander...

Together we will conquer all the known world...

CcKAGY5XIAA7stC.jpg

Edited by Tartar

johto representing yo

less so cause i had to look up how to spell it but still. from the beautiful city i cannot remember the name of 'cause ive drugged myself to amnesia with a combination of physical labour and nsaids. sprout tower is there? i like when im mid-range in games the most, i tend to lose interest towards the end 'cause im hard to entertain, so naturally, mid-range team. id pick cyndaquil and probably have a hunter for a long time but eventually diss it for mismagius cause even thou gengar is great i needed more johto on my team, haha

quilava

weavile

misdreavus

jolteon

nidorino

scyther

I love Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, but Sinnoh's Mon selection early on is literal---actually, the WHOLE DAMN GAME has terrible mons, there's like 3 mons that I like before the 3rd gym

Hoenn has really good starters, but Unova has a desert pretty much full of strong mons and also Excadrill hmmm

...remembering crucial facts...

HOENN HAS METAGROSS NEVERMIND

Let's See...

Starting with Torchic, no ifs, ands, or buts. I love soloing half the game with double kick.

pick up a Marill because I mean I don't like its design but when I needed the rabbit the rabbit pulled through

Sableye for status shenanigans and being immune to brawly

Elektrike for lighting doge (also nostalgia)

Skarmory for Iron Birb

Trapinch and Lileep on the way back...oh no.

I LOVE SO MANY MONS FROM THIS GEN

Full team:

Blaziken (Hoenn Fried Chicken)

Metagross (the best pokemon. ever.)

Flygon (Pretty wierd, pretty cool)

Wailord (its huge I love it)

Cradily (sup Rini) (also half of Emerald is water types

Magneton (sup Viri) (see cradily)

from there i'd probably travel to sinnoh-->unova-->gen 7 and collect up more cool mons

Like many others who have commented before me, I'd start in the Johto region. I'm nostalgia-blind and proud of it, dangnabbit.

I'd start with Cyndaquil because more of me being nostalgia-blind.

Final Team:

*Noctowl

*Ampharos

*Kingler

*Scizor

*Magmortar

*Lickilicky

*Typholsion (mainly for backup)

The first 6 are actually my team from the first game I ever Nuzlocked, HeartGold, and they served me well. now all I gotta do it beat Red in it.