Hazing

Zen

Every time I see conkeldurr or the like, I always roll my eyes and say to myself, "It's another setup." And if we're talking Chlorophyll/Swift Swim/Sand Rush, it's just a protracted form of setting up, come to think of it.

Don't get me started on Baton Pass XD

Not that I have anything against setup concepts, but they do get on my nerves sometimes during last-minute sweeps by that blasted conkeldurr >.<

So, here is a doubles concept meant to basically nullify setting up to the maximum! LOL

---

Golduck (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Cloud Nine

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Psyshock

---

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Unaware

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Rock Slide

- Haze

- Toxic

- Recover

---

Quagsire runs an Unaware/Haze combination to jam stat setups, whereas golduck jams weather.

Golduck's moveset containes SE moves against fire/grass/ground/rock/ice//conkeldurr, arguably the most common setups out there.

Oh, and once you've killed the opposing weather starter, send in a politoed to mess with their minds if they weren't running rain XD (hey, it fits with quagsire/golduck as water-types...).

Other possible combinations include quagsire/lickilicky, altaria/quagsire, and altaria/lickilicky.

I like it. The only issue I have is that blaring Grass weakness.

I can see something like Clefable (Or dare I say it; eviolite Clefairy) / Altaria coming into play with this strategy.