Week 4 Matchups - Natural Selection

Deleted User

CaelgNx.png

"Blah blah blah survival of the fittest, blah blah blah natural selection blah blah blah" ~ Charles Darwin

This weeks challenge is 'Natural Selection'. What ever could that mean. Well let me tell you sir or madame or whateveritisyougoby. There are two rules we have set out for this week. First no pokemon may use their hidden abilities. Second. Pokemon may not have moves they learn EXCLUSIVELY through TM. (If they learn it through level up as well, it's good). We like our pokemon all organic round these parts ya hear? I feel I need to stress it this week greatly. Please share your teams with your fellow nation members and review them multiple times to make sure that they are valid. No second chances if you give a pokemon an invalid move!

The matchups will be as follows:

(4-0) Kingdom of Avalon (2-2) Gaia Nation

(6 - 1) (RU)

Jericho vsSheep

Dhanush vsMarcello

Swimming95 vsVex

Secundum vsEtesian

Chimchain vspbood2

DavidPWNS vsICSW

Spineblade vsMonochrome Complex

Replacements:

Kingdom of Avalon: Acecy, Void, Hoehe -- Gaia Nation: Taska, Roswell, Dark Desire

The Ravenholts (1-3) Amazon Nation (3-1)

(3 - 4) (UU)

Kaito vs HYCROX

Jacobliterator vs Drymus

Mikzal vs Quinn

Kamina vs Rupe

Chubb vs Swampellow

Cobalt996 vs DashingStorm

Intsys vs Honchy

Replacements:

The Ravenholts: Red_Chaos, AuthorReborn, Trevore -- Amazon Nation: Spade, Caz, Zumi

(1-3) Nation of Atlantis Phantom Vulcan (1-3)

(4 - 3) (OU)

99 Losses vs Reignited'Light

Lugruf vs NovaKnight

Cowtao vs YinYang

DragonMasterKrim vs Imperial

Morshu vs 2tousent

DerogatoryTrainer vs Lord Bagel

Ace_Trainer_Vince vs Simon

Replacements:

Nation of Atlantis: Lobos, Sinikuro, Personthing -- Phantom Vulcan: Sasuke10001, Azery, DJWongTong

LEADERS: Please send me your SEVEN participants and THREE substitutes as soon as you are able. Once I have the contestants for all 6 nations, matchups will be randomized and posted here. To Victory!

DISCLAIMERS:

1. If a pokemon learns a move through TM but also through level up, or event, it IS ok.

2. Moves that are only learnable via TM from previous generations are not allowed. With the exception of Defog which is allowed.

I'm sure there'll be more here as you guys think of things we did not. So please continue to check back.

3. Gen 2 Move Tutor moves aren't permitted as the pokemon can't be passed up in the actual game from that point.

Have Questions? Please leave them in green below and we'll answer them to the best of our abilities.

*Thanks Zumi for awesome logo!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will moves from Tutors be allowed?

Ah, I see Atl Antis will be facing Phantom Vulcan once again. I wish our opponents from Week 1 luck once again.

Right I knew I forgot something I'd wanted to mention. Yes because of the way things had previously worked out, there was no way for every team to face a new opponent this week, and I wanted to revisit one of the matchups from week 1 since one had to be done at all already.

EDIT: Yes this was an error in the scheduling on my part, apologies. Every team will still face each other twice throughout the course of the season though.

What about event only moves? HMs? Move tutors?

Edited by Sapphire

Does the same apply to tutor moves in past gens? (For example: Thunder Wave and Rock Slide were tutor moves in Gen 3)

I'll get back to you on that.

Are the new tier changes (mega-Steelix and Tyrantrum bans) from 3 days ago, applied for this week? Cause I know reborn's server is not completely up to date with tier changes...

Yeah as week 4, these changes will apply for Nations, I hope that we can have Reborn's tiers update.

If a move used to be a tutor and is a TM in sixth gen, does it count as a tutor move or as a TM move?

Repeated question, see above.

So are mega evolcutions permited without any restrictions?

So long as both the base form and mega form are ok in the tier in which you battle, then you're fine.

Is TM-Breeding from past gens legal?

No, that defeats the purpose.

Move tutor moves from past gens that are now only accessible via TM in gen 6 will be permitted, but to avoid confusion, we ask that you list any such instances when you submit your replay to help us if we need to review this.

Example: won gg,

replaylink

My Magnezone had T-Wave which was available from move tutor in Generation #

Some moves, such as ice beam, flamethrower and thunderbolt were only available from tutor in generation 2. Due to how it's impossible to transfer this up to generation 6, would those moves be allowed? I'd imagine not, but I figured I would ask.

Some moves, such as ice beam, flamethrower and thunderbolt were only available from tutor in generation 2. Due to how it's impossible to transfer this up to generation 6, would those moves be allowed? I'd imagine not, but I figured I would ask.

Er yeah. I assume Gen 3 and onwards have some way to pass mons on? Gen 2 move tutor would be no go in that case.

Er yeah. I assume Gen 3 and onwards have some way to pass mons on? Gen 2 move tutor would be no go in that case.

Yes, only gen 3 and after can be transferred up.

will it be possible to show your team to a judge during the team building process and not be punished?

If you enter the battle with an invalid team, then you lose. I'd recommend sharing with your teammates to check if your team is in fact valid. If you realize mid battle that you have an invalid move that you have not yet used in said battle, you can still maintain validity by opting to not use that move and just the other 3 instead.