[NU] Totem

Cool Girl

After testing this team, it keeps losing, but I can't quite put my finger on it. This is a team centered around Mega Audino. Anyway, here's the team, guys!

AT A GLANCE

audino.gifclaydol.gifkecleon.gifbeheeyem.gifrotom-fan.gifmagmortar.gif

ANALYSIS

audino.gif

So, I wanted to build a team centered around Mega Audino because I heard Audino is a good pokémon and has amazing defenses. So, I went with a defensive moveset (look at the team if you want to see the moveset) Also gave it wish and heal bell so that I don't have to worry about health and status infliction. So, to sum it up, Calm Mind + Draining Kiss + Wish + Heal Bell, makes it a very defensive pokémon So, obviously the first member I added is Audino

audino.gifclaydol.gif

Then, I knew I needed a stealth rocker, so who better to do the job than Claydol right? Claydol can also learn Reflect/Light Screen, which makes it even better because not only can it set up hazards, but by setting up Reflect/Light Screen at the beginning of the game, it will make the rest of my team take less damage than they would have. It can also learn Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. So, Claydol does the job well of setting up hazards and getting rid of hazards

audino.gifclaydol.gifkecleon.gif

So, I wanted to give Kecleon a shot, to see if it's a really bad pokémon. I also needed a physical hitter on the team and it can also be used has a priority pokémon since I gave it Sucker Punch, so yeah.

audino.gifclaydol.gifkecleon.gifbeheeyem.gif

Now, I wanted a special attacker on the team. Also, since Mega Audino is a fairy-type, I needed a pokémon that can cover its poison weakness, so I went with the Psychic type pokémon Beheeyem. Put some special moves + Choice Specs, it's killer!

audino.gifclaydol.gifkecleon.gifbeheeyem.gifrotom-fan.gif

So, I also wanted to give Rotom Fan a shot 'cause I was curious. I've noticed that I don't have a move that counters against Water/Ground types, so I gave it Hidden Power [Grass]. Rotom + Choice Scarf makes it a really strong special attacker, so Choice Scarf + Hidden Power [Grass] will KO any Water/Ground type pokémon

audino.gifclaydol.gifkecleon.gifbeheeyem.gifrotom-fan.gifmagmortar.gif

Since I wanted Claydol to last longer throughout the battle and Claydol is weak to Grass, I went with the Fire type Magmortar. Not only it has Fire Blast, but I also gave it Hidden Power [Grass] so that it can deal with the Water/Ground types in case Rotom Fan faints. Also gave it its usual moves like Earthquake and Thunderbolt. Choice Specs + Earthquake/Fire Blast/Hidden Power [Grass]/Thunderbolt is guaranteed to hit any pokémon really hard. By that, I mean the opponent's pokémon will take a lot of damage.

THE TEAM

audino.gif

Audino @ Audinite

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
claydol.gif
Claydol @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
kecleon.gif
Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
beheeyem.gif
Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
rotom-fan.gif
Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
magmortar.gif
Magmortar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
Copy-Paste Team

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Magmortar @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Claydol @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Kecleon @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Any suggestions to the team would be greatly appreciated! :D
Thanks for reading this guys and let me know what you guys thought of this team walkthrough! :D
Edited by Cool Girl

A faster swepper like Pyroar (who doesn't really need Scarf) would certainly do well in this team, and you should also consider having a setup swepper (Klinklang, Lilligant and Barbaracle are by far the best prospects).

A faster swepper like Pyroar (who doesn't really need Scarf) would certainly do well in this team, and you should also consider having a setup swepper (Klinklang, Lilligant and Barbaracle are by far the best prospects).

Could you be more specific with your suggestion, please? Like, what team members should I replace? And if I should replace them, then which pokémon should I put instead and what should their movesets be? Also, put it in this format:

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

ok

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice

It's supposed to replace Magmortar, as it's naturally much faster, has an alternative STAB, and is a pretty good wallbreaker with Taunt to shut down stalls. Magmo on this team hits hard af but it's not very fast, is a glass cannon and it's not too hard to switch something on it that can take advantage of it being locked into something and have at least one free turn.

Klinklang @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Return

Doesn't need too many EVs on Attack thanks to its nature and Shift Gear, therefore it has some investment in the SpDef to survive more hits.

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance

Sleep Powder, QD and kill. The EVs are self-explanatory.

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell

Due to SS, Tough Claws and Adamant, it doesn't really need EVs on the Attack. With this it has balanced defenses and can sweep well.

Each of these setup sweepers have their own strengths and weaknesses. About replacing, any of them for any of the Specs pokemon (who are rather frail and slow) on your team is a welcome change.

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 Def / 32 SpA / 112 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch

An alternative build to Rotom-F, a more self-sustainable and crippling one in fact. Its speed, SpAtk and defences are balanced and it'll probably survive through most of the match.

Ditto @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
- Transform

lel. This one is to get ahead of the opponent in dire times. Replaceable with any of the Specs mons.

ok

Pyroar @ Life Orb

Ability: Unnerve

Timid Nature

- Taunt

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Flamethrower

- Hyper Voice

It's supposed to replace Magmortar, as it's naturally much faster, has an alternative STAB, and is a pretty good wallbreaker with Taunt to shut down stalls. Magmo on this team hits hard af but it's not very fast, is a glass cannon and it's not too hard to switch something on it that can take advantage of it being locked into something and have at least one free turn.

Klinklang @ Lum Berry

Ability: Clear Body

EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Shift Gear

- Gear Grind

- Wild Charge

- Return

Doesn't need too many EVs on Attack thanks to its nature and Shift Gear, therefore it has some investment in the SpDef to survive more hits.

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Own Tempo

Timid Nature

- Aromatherapy

- Quiver Dance

- Sleep Powder

- Petal Dance

Sleep Powder, QD and kill. The EVs are self-explanatory.

Barbaracle @ White Herb

Ability: Tough Claws

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Shell Smash

- Poison Jab

- Stone Edge

- Razor Shell

Due to SS, Tough Claws and Adamant, it doesn't really need EVs on the Attack. With this it has balanced defenses and can sweep well.

Each of these setup sweepers have their own strengths and weaknesses. About replacing, any of them for any of the Specs pokemon (who are rather frail and slow) on your team is a welcome change.

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers

EVs: 112 Def / 32 SpA / 112 SpD / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Pain Split

- Will-O-Wisp

- Air Slash

- Volt Switch

An alternative build to Rotom-F, a more self-sustainable and crippling one in fact. Its speed, SpAtk and defences are balanced and it'll probably survive through most of the match.

Ditto @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Imposter

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe

- Transform

lel. This one is to get ahead of the opponent in dire times. Replaceable with any of the Specs mons.

Thank you very much! :D

keep in mind hycrox, the purpose of rating a team is to try to not change the team too much while keeping the original idea in tact. your suggestion to replace basically every member is not constructive at all and is in fact detrimental for users looking for examples on how to rate a team.

anyway, since this team is pretty bulky, im going to suggest to take it into a more semi-stall direction.

i would change your magmortar to assault vest to soak special hits and take pressure off of audino.

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
and since having two assault vest users on one team is subpar and that kecleon isnt a very good user of av anyway, i'd change him to a mixed set to help weaken opposing walls.
Kecleon @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 200 SpA / 116 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Grass Knot
and since you just bend over to tauros, having something that can soak physical attacks wouldnt be too bad. luckily, rotom-s does this very well. i'd suggest changing the set to a physically defensive set.
Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
this will help you beat the likes of scyther and klinklang while helping you take on tauros as well.
i'd also like to suggest changing the set on claydol. screens dont really help anything on this team since nothing sets up, so you might just want to change it to a regular offensive spinner to dish out even more damage to the opposing team.
Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
i'd also suggest slightly changing your audino's moves and ev's to help it do more than just die any time it comes in
Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
i would however suggest changing out beeheyem for another pokemon. while he does hit hard, he doesnt really sweep through teams which is something this team desperately needs. it has 5/6 members for a solid team for supporting a setup sweeper it it just missing that one vital piece. i would suggest a bulky setup scyther to break through mons that can come in on the rest of your team.
Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
and that's it! if you followed all these changes the team should look like the following:

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Grass Knot
Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

keep in mind hycrox, the purpose of rating a team is to try to not change the team too much while keeping the original idea in tact. your suggestion to replace basically every member is not constructive at all and is in fact detrimental for users looking for examples on how to rate a team.

anyway, since this team is pretty bulky, im going to suggest to take it into a more semi-stall direction.

i would change your magmortar to assault vest to soak special hits and take pressure off of audino.

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
and since having two assault vest users on one team is subpar and that kecleon isnt a very good user of av anyway, i'd change him to a mixed set to help weaken opposing walls.
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Grass Knot
and since you just bend over to tauros, having something that can soak physical attacks wouldnt be too bad. luckily, rotom-s does this very well. i'd suggest changing the set to a physically defensive set.
Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
this will help you beat the likes of scyther and klinklang while helping you take on tauros as well.
i'd also like to suggest changing the set on claydol. screens dont really help anything on this team since nothing sets up, so you might just want to change it to a regular offensive spinner to dish out even more damage to the opposing team.
Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
i'd also suggest slightly changing your audino's moves and ev's to help it do more than just die any time it comes in
Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
i would however suggest changing out beeheyem for another pokemon. while he does hit hard, he doesnt really sweep through teams which is something this team desperately needs. it has 5/6 members for a solid team for supporting a setup sweeper it it just missing that one vital piece. i would suggest a bulky setup scyther to break through mons that can come in on the rest of your team.
Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
and that's it! if you followed all these changes the team should look like the following:

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake
Claydol @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Stealth Rock
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Grass Knot
Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Thank you! :D

Thank you very much! :D

You're welcome :D

Certainly, I was thinking of changing only the Specs pokemon, for more reliable wallbreakers/sweepers in fact.

And Kecleon is actually not a bad special sponge (120 base SpDef TFW??), even though AV Magmortar does make sense.

Copy-Paste Team

Magmortar @ Choice Specs

Modest Nature

- Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Earthquake

Claydol @ Light Clay

Calm Nature

- Rapid Spin

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Stealth Rock

Kecleon @ Assault Vest

Adamant Nature

- Shadow Sneak

- Power-Up Punch

- Sucker Punch

- Drain Punch

Can you explain the EV spreads on these?

Jericho is taking the long way to say these are copy-pasted. The format you ask them to be in further strengthens his point.

I don't have much time to go in depth, but my little experience in NU allows me to say the following:

1. Don't use Claydol.

It has a terrible defensive typing for a wall, victim to the ever common Knock off, and doubles as a screen and rocks setter, thus increasing the turns it needs to stay in, take hits, just to fill a role instantly broken by a single defog. It's dead weight for your team, and what makes things worse is its lack of reliable recovery

2. Almost never than 1 choiced user

Putting multiple choice item users in a single team makes it way too linear to work properly. Many teams don't even bother with choice items. Usually you see one of them and that's most commonly where just a bit more power might be needed to achieve a goal nothing else in your team does properly. Sometimes two are too many, because you lose momentum with the constant switching, in and out. Honestly, I can't remember another team I've seen 3.

3. Illegal aliens will be deported

Racist jokes aside, BHM is too slow to fill his role, and you are running no Trick Room team for him to sweep properly. There is a reason Mesprit is so common in NU, and that might as well be it. Consider changing them and see how you go in the ladder. Adjust the moves to what you need, but don't throw too many HP-Grass over there, since it's a highly useless move to have. It might just be better to use a neutral Psyshock at times.

4. Experiment around Kecleon

There are multiple sets this little fellow can use with great success, usually changing back and forth in the Normal-Fighting-Dark-Ghost rectangle. It may not be the least predictable of things, but it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sometimes you may need to check possible defensive sets that rely on prediction, like the Fake-Out + Lefties set, which is hillarious, no matter how you look at it. AV gives no benefit for Kecleon, since it has a great SpD already and it's not supposed to be a tank. Lefties would work much better, but then again, so would Life Orb. Heck, I might even give it Expert belt, given how many things it will hit for SE damage

Jericho is taking the long way to say these are copy-pasted. The format you ask them to be in further strengthens his point.

I don't have much time to go in depth, but my little experience in NU allows me to say the following:

1. Don't use Claydol.

It has a terrible defensive typing for a wall, victim to the ever common Knock off, and doubles as a screen and rocks setter, thus increasing the turns it needs to stay in, take hits, just to fill a role instantly broken by a single defog. It's dead weight for your team, and what makes things worse is its lack of reliable recovery

2. Almost never than 1 choiced user

Putting multiple choice item users in a single team makes it way too linear to work properly. Many teams don't even bother with choice items. Usually you see one of them and that's most commonly where just a bit more power might be needed to achieve a goal nothing else in your team does properly. Sometimes two are too many, because you lose momentum with the constant switching, in and out. Honestly, I can't remember another team I've seen 3.

3. Illegal aliens will be deported

Racist jokes aside, BHM is too slow to fill his role, and you are running no Trick Room team for him to sweep properly. There is a reason Mesprit is so common in NU, and that might as well be it. Consider changing them and see how you go in the ladder. Adjust the moves to what you need, but don't throw too many HP-Grass over there, since it's a highly useless move to have. It might just be better to use a neutral Psyshock at times.

4. Experiment around Kecleon

There are multiple sets this little fellow can use with great success, usually changing back and forth in the Normal-Fighting-Dark-Ghost rectangle. It may not be the least predictable of things, but it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sometimes you may need to check possible defensive sets that rely on prediction, like the Fake-Out + Lefties set, which is hillarious, no matter how you look at it. AV gives no benefit for Kecleon, since it has a great SpD already and it's not supposed to be a tank. Lefties would work much better, but then again, so would Life Orb. Heck, I might even give it Expert belt, given how many things it will hit for SE damage

What do you mean by copy-pasted?

@Jericho: So, Magmortar is a special attacker, so I maxed out its Special Att EVs, I don't know much about the EV spreads for Magmortar because a friend of mine gave it to me and told me to put it in my team instead of another pokémon in which I can't recall what it was. As for Claydol, I wanted it to be able to take hits, so I maxed out its Special Defense EVs, put some HP EVs and I put the rest in Speed. As for Kecleon, I wanted it to be a hard hitter, so I maxed out its Attack EVs, put some EVs in HP, and the rest in Speed.