Movepool for aggron

pmegakid

Heavy Slam is typically way better than Iron tail, mainly because Aggron is really fat (Especially if you have heavy metal!) and Heavy slam is 100% accurate. Also it gets rock slide at level 25, so if you can get a heart scale to a tutor(In Onyx or in the Circus) Aggron can relearn that. ALSO if you have rock head, then double-edge would be really nice on it. The last moves are kinda up to you/ up to the tms we get.

This is my advice, although it takes quite a bit of work if you are not used to breeding. Get a male Tyrunt from the event in 7th street, evolve it to Tyrantrum and teach it Head Smash at level 58. Then put that Tyrantrum with a female Aron in the daycare ccenter and wait for an egg. The Aron you will get from that egg will have Head Smash as an egg move. Then, either from the egg or by using ability capsules, get the ability Rock Head in Aron. Head Smash is a 150 power STAB that causes massive recoil damage, and Rock Head negates recoil. This means that with Rock Head, Head Smash is a 150 power STAB with no drawbacks. This will destroy anything that gets in your way.

As an Steel type STAB, Heavy Slam is better than Iron Head or Iron Tail as Aggron is so heavy that it will hit almost everything with 100 or 120 power.

If you're going to do the egg move thingy, it's a good idea to pass Stealth Rocks too, as Tyrunts learns them at level 15 and Aron can only get them via tutor or egg move. So, this would leave us with Head Smash, Heavy Slam and Stealth Rocks. There are many moves you could use for the fourth slot. Earthquake would be perfect, but we don't have the TM yet so that will have to wait. Metal Burst can be a good idea, but notice that this Aggron doesn't have Sturdy so you'll have to be careful with how much damage you can take, and never expose it to Focus Blast, Earth Power and Aura Sphere.

All the things I'd say are have already been mentioned. But there's also one more thing for you to consider, and that is the move: Curse. But why Curse? Aggron has absolute booty speed, if you can manage to set up 2 Curses or even just 1, you can become a threatening physical tank taking hits and brutalizing your foes. That being said however, Aggron in my honest opinion excels with Trick Room teams. Have one of your pokemon (i.e. Porygon-Z) set up Trick Room, since Aggron is slower than a drunk turtle, you can easily set up a few Curses (hell, even Stealth Rocks). Just don't spend the whole duration of Trick Room Cursing up.

Now that being said, how do you get Curse onto your beloved Aggron? As Lugruf mentioned already: breeding. Here's the easiest way: go to Ametrine mountain and catch a MALE bergmite. Level that boy down to 21 and level it up to 22, OR, go to move relearner to obtain Curse. Put your male Bergmite together with your female Aron. Soft reset until you hatch a female Aron, because you'll also be breeding that female Aron (with Curse) with male Tyrantrum for Head Smash. After all, an Aggron without Head Smash is like a rhino without horns.

But, but what if I face a fighting or ground pokemon?? That's already been mentioned too, and that's Metal Burst. Hopefully if you had set up some Curses you'll at least survive 1 hit and be able to dish it back.

The one I'm using myself is similar to what has already been said : Head Smash, Double Edge, Heavy Slam and Curse. If you're going to face several physical opponents set up Curse and you won't feel them anymore while hitting extremely hard

Ok im not really down for the breeding this late in game because I did it to get volt tackle pikachu that I still never use because of grinding is hard in reborn but I think I will run the trick room but im thinking with iron defense I thinking the next gym will be fairy and given that confusing field coming into play that be the safest beat I just hate it has Rock head ability what a waste lol so that may change to heavy metal soon but to me iron defense, ancient power, heavy slam, and I wish dragon claw lol but since that not possible yet Im guessing may be strength or something wish tutoring was a thing then I can get better move thinks for the help but I think trick room porygon will be the best beat given my team is some what slow

If you want to grind fast, go to the Grand Hall, there are trainers you can face as much as you want. With a lucky egg, you can xp really fast. I have around 50 pokemons lvl 79 in my main run I trained that way

EDIT : if you're in Agate and can't go back to Reborn city yet, there's also a clown you can use to train near where you can the powder vial

Edited by Imperial

Ok im not really down for the breeding this late in game because I did it to get volt tackle pikachu that I still never use because of grinding is hard in reborn but I think I will run the trick room but im thinking with iron defense I thinking the next gym will be fairy and given that confusing field coming into play that be the safest beat I just hate it has Rock head ability what a waste lol so that may change to heavy metal soon but to me iron defense, ancient power, heavy slam, and I wish dragon claw lol but since that not possible yet Im guessing may be strength or something wish tutoring was a thing then I can get better move thinks for the help but I think trick room porygon will be the best beat given my team is some what slow

If you're not going to breed, there's still some improvements you can do to your Aggron. Lets analyze the pokemon's stats and learnset.

stats.png

moveset.png

As we said before, Heavy Slam is Aggron's best Steel type STAB, hitting most pokemon with 100 or 120 power, which is awesome for a move with 100 accuracy, no drawbacks like recoil and 10 PP.

Ancient Power is mediocre in many reasons. First, it's a special move, so it will use Aggron's mediocre special attack (60) instead of its attack stat, which is much higher (110). Besides, it has 5 PP, which is not desirable at all in story mode since you will have to fight many times before you heal your pokemon, and you'll run out of PP very easily. Finally, Ancient Power has 60 power, which is mediocre at best. If we look at Aggron's learnset, we can see that it learns both Rock Tomb and Rock Slide. They are both physical, so they will hit harder, and they have more than 5 PP (10 and 15 respectively). Rock Slide has higher power and hits both opponents in double battles, and Rock Tomb lowers the opponet's speed, allowing Aggron to outspeed it after one or two hits normally. You should seriously think about changing Ancient Power for one of these.

Iron Defense is not a bad move, but it has a serious drawback. Suppose you are fighting a physical attacker and you get to use Iron Defense twice, getting a +4 in defense. It's great, you're immortal and you defeat the other mon easily. Okay, what if the next pokemon is a special attacker? Your Iron Defenses will be useless and you will be forced out losing all your setup. Besides, Aggron doesn't need more defense. With a base 180 defense you are able to defeat any physical attacker with no problem without any need for boosts. A more useful move for this slot would be Metal Burst + Sturdy, since Sturdy makes you able to survive any hit and Metal Burst will kill any pokemon afterwards.

Finally, you should know that Normal and Dragon are awful types for coverage, so Dragon Claw and Strength make no sense at all. If you want a coverage move, Earthquake will be the best option when we get the TM.

Another possible set for Aggron is running Autotomize or Rock Polish, which doubles your speed. Just remember that if you are running Autotomize you need to play Iron Head over Heavy Slam since Autotomize halves your weight, so Rock polish is prefered.