Most Frustrating Captures

I know all of us have had that moment where we wanted to throw our game across the bedroom after wasting sixty Ultra Balls and being unable to capture that one Pokemon. In most cases it is a legendary, but there are the occasional annoyingly stubborn Pokemon that just refuse to get in that ball. And I am sure some of these also occurred in Reborn too. But as frustrating as it was tossing ball after ball, resetting the game "X" number of times, when it finally clicked, oh it is so satisfying. Share your story.

I think the most frustrating capture of all time for me was Regice (In Emerald and Omega Ruby). With its health in the red AND paralyzed I tossed ball after ball, but there was not even the slightest of wiggles. The other two in the trio went down without much of a fight, but this icy golem was giving me nothing but trouble. Upon my THIRD reset, I finally caught it on the fifteenth Ultra Ball. I screamed so loud in triumph that I scared my dog who was laying at the foot of my bed.

Edited by Raviel the Phantom

Any of my "rarer" encounters in the Safari Zone.

>Throws a Safari Ball at a Chansey
>Breaks free without a shake
>Flees.

>Throws a Safari Ball at a Kangaskhan
>Flees.

>Throws a Rock at a Parasect
>Gets angry
>Flees.

>Throws a Bait at a Tauros
>Eats it.
>Flees.

>Encounters a Shiny Exeggcute
>Throws a Ball at it
>Flees.

Edited by IntSys

Ho-oh / Lugia from HGSS they kept knocking themselves out with struggle because they had such low PP on all their moves. Being stubborn was one thing but forcing me to lower your health and get a status effect on you again even though I still had like 30 Ultra Balls was a nightmare.

The pokemon that took me the longest to catch was suicune in crystal. I was kind of incompetent and didn't realise that ultra balls were a thing other than the ones I had found on the floor. I also didn't really realise that I should take lots of balls. So I went into the battle without inflicting any status or getting it to red HP and only had 5 pokeballs. I was there for days.

Other than that, any roaming legendary.

• Global Mods

I also had a really difficult time with Regice. Ironically the site I read for how to get the Regis said that Regice was the easiest of the 3 to capture (which know that I know they all have a catch rate of 3 can't be true). Zapdos also took a really long time, even with 1 HP and paralysis.

I scared my dog who was laying at the food of my bed.

Your dog was laying in food?

Took me about 12 full battles -- or two hours -- to catch Lugia in my most recent try in Soulsilver (grass mono).

My only mons were:

Exeggcute L.38

Meganium L.39

Parasect L.38

Weepinbell L.37

Goldeen L.16 (whirlpool/surf)

Mareep L.7 (flash)

I think the winning try had me use all my X-items on Parasect after Exeggcute confused Lugia with Confusion and Mareep used Flash, then I just spammed Spore and Slash until I could use False Swipe to bring it down. Of course if it used Aeroblast Parasect was done, and I only had 2 revives. Very tricky attempt, got it eventually though.

Oh and Reborn Beldum is a metallic ball of dung

Moltres. For some reason, this friggin bird took me ages to catch in every version it appeared in - Red, LeafGreen, HeartGold (I haven't played the Kalos games so that doesn't count). Its siblings were way easier to catch (I caught Articuno with a single Poke Ball once O_O)

I've caught most legandaries in recent history, but one in particular has always eluded my grasp. Terrakion. After false swiping it and throwing everything but the kitchen sink at it at least three different times that cursed thing always managed to struggle itself into oblivion.

I never was able to catch one, and to this day, it haunts me.

Since, I play Competitively, Pretty much every Legendary. Up until Gen 6, To use Legendaries Competitively, You had To catch it, Check If it had Decent IVs, and if it didn't, you had to reset. In Gen 6, They were guaranteed 3 IVs and were way easier to catch, since they were essential and you HAD to catch them. It took Me 10 tries to get that Yvetal I wanted. and 20 for Groudon. And Then 30 for Kyogre. And Then 60 Times for Rayquaza. Jesus, it was Frustrating. And Then Mega Rayquaza was Banned FROM UBERS by Smogon. That made me Cry my eyes out. All that effort, and i don't get to use Mega Rayquaza in Competitive play, Except for AG. But in Gens 1-5, Legendary pokemon were even more of a pain if you wanted Decent IVs, Especially Roaming pokemon.

Diamond/Pearl: Giratina/6 resets

Black/White: Verizion by far/3 resets

X/Y: Mewtwo already used master ball/2 resets

OR/AS: Kyogre. Took 4 resets and 120 ultra balls, quick balls, dusk balls and my Paper Mario: Sticker Star cartridge to catch the damn thing

Edited by Ryxus

Virizion in Black. Paralyzed and at close enough to 1 HP that it makes no difference? Nope, let's burn through 40+ Pokeballs before he finally finishes off my team. Was especially painful as the other 2 Swords of Justice I managed to capture with the first 5 or so pokeballs.

This jerk right here, in D/P. Swarm, in the middle of a sandstorm, and all it knows is how to hurt itself. I recall it taking a stupid amount of balls to capture. That 3 catch rate is so so wrong.

I remember trying to shiny chain Beldum in D/P. Truly was awful.