Guitar Hero

Cool Girl

I've been playing the new Guitar Hero: Guitar Hero Live and I gotta say, it's pretty good. However, it's not as better as the previous Guitar Hero games. I've noticed that the controls on the new Guitar Hero is much more difficult, which is frustrating 'cause I have to start back to the basics. Anyways, what do you guys think about the Guitar Hero Franchise?

Edited by Cool Girl

I actually just played some 3 at a party last night. I love playing it with friends every once and a while, but I'm absolutely terrible at it. (And of course, the songs I actually listen to regularly are the hardest ones to play XD)

Last game in the series that I enjoyed was 3. After 2 the series started to go down hill really bad. What happened is that the team wanted to innovate and Activision was against the idea. So the team left Activision and started a new series that you may have heard of called Rock Band. I was really really into the series when Rock Band 2 was a thing, but after 3 I just stopped caring. I still enjoy Rock Band from time to time, but I am no where near as into it as I used to be. Mael had bought Rock Band 4, he and I played it for a little while, but I got irritated because his tastes in music really sucked and he would throw a hissy fit every time I picked something I liked. So I stopped caring again.

I am a crazy Asian already known to be pretty good at rhythm games.

So yes I like this as well. I started on III and got pretty good at it. Loved Helicopter, One, Barracuda. Picked up World Tour. Loved it even more so. Then I got into Rock Band 3. I gotta say overtime I converted over to Rock Band 3 mostly because of how versatile the song list was compared to the previous games I had. Tbh, what really won me over was DLC and licensing in the game. Compared to Guitar Hero, you could effectively have at least 100-150+ more songs transferring all the games in the Rock Band franchise then you could transferring all of the Guitar Hero franchise. It also kinda sucks that some really good songs got sidetracked into a shitty side project ala Band Hero. (Santa Monica, Bad Reputation, American Pie) You could say the same for Rock Band, but at least those games had a novelty and sorta revisitable value to them. The Beatles one, while only available in that game, was the best love letter towards a band that any rhythm game could ever dedicate towards one group. Metallica comes close, but it just can't beat that attention to detail.

They did have a pretty good exclusive deal with Aerosmith, Metallica, and Van Halen but Rock Band and even Guitarsmith has started to pick up with the pace with this form of exclusivity. It was a good beginning start for me but overtime, it just folded into nothingness.

I've had a guitar hero (I cant remember which one) and I didn't mind it. However, Band Hero, which is kind of a guitar hero thing, is something that most of my family is obsessed with, although I still don't love it.

We didn't get Guitar Hero live, given that the controls were completely changing and we couldn't be stuffed buying all of the equipment.