Episode 16 Squad: Suggestions?

HahnSolo

With some progress being made on the latest installment and Pokemon GO launching I decided to do a little optimizing on my reborn squad since I struggled a bit towards some of the later gym leaders. (Reborn's Ev's are quite odd as they give you 2 extra points than normal games) Any feedback would be appreciated!

Crobat (ProBat) (Shiny)

Nature: Naive

Ability: Infiltrator

Item: N/A

Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd 6 Sp Def

Moves:

Acrobatics

Roost

Fly

Cross Poison

Leafeon (Cannabis)

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Chlorophyll

Item: Leftovers

Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 Spd

Moves:

Leaf Blade

Synthesis

Quick Attack

Swords Dance

Typhlosion (Feurer)

Nature: Rash

Ability: Flash Fire

Evs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def

Moves:

Cut

Eruption

Sunny Day

Flamethrower

Kingdra (SeaBiscuit)

Nature: Mild

Ability: Sniper

Item: Scope Lens

Evs: 252 Sp atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def

Moves:

Surf

Agility

Dragon Pulse

Focus Energy

Glaceon (Desoxyn)

Nature: Modest

Ability: Ice Body

Evs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Sp Def

Moves:

Hail

Blizzard

Shadow Ball

Frost Breath

Samurott (Django)

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Shell Armor

Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def

Moves:

Dive

Waterfall

False Swipe

Swords Dance

You can normally get EVs to 255 in the base games but the last 3 points are wasted (EVs work in multiples of 4). Reborn caps at 252 to keep you from overfilling. You should also optimize your natures at the psychologist on 7th street.

• Global Mods

Your current members all seem pretty decent by themselves, but you have 4 monotypes and 2 water types, so I feel like you might be lacking some versatility and could use some dual types. EV's look good and movesets are pretty decent allowing for utility spaces. nice leftovers too, I never got a high level pickup pokemon to get them.

Diggersby tho?

No, seriously. Since you have two Water-types, I would suggest dropping Samurott (because Kingdra gets more coverage and is just cooler) in favor of another Pokemon. Diggersby with Huge Power hits like Chuck Norris, and just from leveling up can learn Bounce, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, and Facade. You can hit the Move Relearned to get Swords Dance In addition to hitting hard, he's got decent stats all around (except Special Attack, but with Huge Power who cares?). I've used him to good effect through most parts of Reborn, and he should remain useful going forward.

Your current members all seem pretty decent by themselves, but you have 4 monotypes and 2 water types, so I feel like you might be lacking some versatility and could use some dual types. EV's look good and movesets are pretty decent allowing for utility spaces. nice leftovers too, I never got a high level pickup pokemon to get them.

Yeah. I leveled up linoone to 100 to maximize the chances. I did that before this, grinding ev's with him just chilling in the back picking up items.

Diggersby tho?

No, seriously. Since you have two Water-types, I would suggest dropping Samurott (because Kingdra gets more coverage and is just cooler) in favor of another Pokemon. Diggersby with Huge Power hits like Chuck Norris, and just from leveling up can learn Bounce, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, and Facade. You can hit the Move Relearned to get Swords Dance In addition to hitting hard, he's got decent stats all around (except Special Attack, but with Huge Power who cares?). I've used him to good effect through most parts of Reborn, and he should remain useful going forward.

Is that a shofu reference? Lel. I've thought through having 2 water types and understand it may be a potential weakness. Samurott's name is Django for a reason, he's my starter (all the way back to episode 8) and kingdra's water typing is kind of moot because of his dragon typing. Having both a physical and special water type could prove useful. Diggersby is an interesting idea though. I never played gen 6, so i've messed around with a few types from there on reborn with most of them being underwhelming. Dragalge was the most promising, with its adaptability and interesting typing. Its speed was atrocious though...

I had a donphan on my team for most of my playthough. It mostly just served to be a HM slave with rock smash and strength. I used it as a switch in to electric types and earthquake spam. Its lack of buff moves really held it back. If diggersby can learn swords dance and has huge power i might try it out.

You can normally get EVs to 255 in the base games but the last 3 points are wasted (EVs work in multiples of 4). Reborn caps at 252 to keep you from overfilling. You should also optimize your natures at the psychologist on 7th street.

Oh. I never really did much research or bothered with Ev's in the base games. They were often a breeze comparison to reborn. I did optimize the natures, or at least to a tolerable degree. The psychologist is random so it sometimes took half an hour to get at least manageable natures. What would you recommend I change?

Edited by Simon

Oh. I never really did much research or bothered with Ev's in the base games. They were often a breeze comparison to reborn. I did optimize the natures, or at least to a tolerable degree. The psychologist is random so it sometimes took half an hour to get at least manageable natures. What would you recommend I change?

Since your Crobat is a physical attacker, I'd recommend changing it's nature to either jolly or adamant for as much speed/attack as possible. Your typhlosion is a special set, so Timid or Modest would be ideal for more speed/special attack with sacrifices to your already poor attack stat. This can also be applied to your kingdra,

Team is looking good, though I don't really like keeping the TMX moves, given that we can now get rid of them normally. Hidden Power...whatever you have on it, or Nature Power is a good substitute on Typhlosion. Nature Power puts in a lot of work, you'd be surprised.

Your team seems fine, though as others have mentioned, you'd probably want more type coverage. You might as well make use of that Donphan beyond being an HM slave. I have one in my main playthrough and stat buffs or no, she hits pretty hard with Earthquake and Strength and is bulky in general.