std::cout << "AMA" << std::endl;

Lugruf

ORIGINAL CONTENT RIGHT HERE :]

But what's your favorite pokemon type?

Who talked about originality?

Dark. Because all the cool moves are dark: Knock Off, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Taunt... Absol is Dark too.

What would you do if a shiny Shuckle stared intently at you for 5 minutes and then suddenly yelled out "GUY FIERI IS ONLY SOMEWHAT OKAY AT SMASH BROS".

A talking shiny pokemon! I would catch it and make millions by selling it.

Protected void askGenericQuestion(String name){
if(name.length() != 0)
system.out.println(name + ", what coding language do you like the least, of those you know?");
}

If you could allow Absol to learn any one non-signature move, what would it be?

Do you support the creation of a physical HP, and having both formes of HP include Fairy?

What if Talonflame got Defog?

Most importantly: How many fingers am I holding up?

Protected void askGenericQuestion(String name){if(name.length() != 0)system.out.println(name + ", what coding language do you like the least, of those you know?");}
If you could allow Absol to learn any one non-signature move, what would it be?

Do you support the creation of a physical HP, and having both formes of HP include Fairy?

What if Talonflame got Defog?

Most importantly: How many fingers am I holding up?

By now I've had most problems with scripting languages like Ruby because it doesn't use things like curly braces { } to mark scopes and it doesn't separe interface and implementation in different files like the .cc and .hh files in C++ so the first time I tried to read the code of Reborn I was completely lost. I have done minor things in Ruby and I have intention of learning python this summer but it's still somewhat confusing.

Dragon Dance.

That could be good. Hidden Power gives a coverage move of any type, at the cost of being a 60 power move, so it's perfectly balanced. Besides, I find unfair to give that advantage only to special attackers. The problem would be Technician users like Scizor or Breeloom that would get a 90 power move of any type.

It would be promoted to Ubers. Best defogger ever.

Hm... Definitely 3. No doubt.

For no reason in particular, how good are you in Ruby?

I've done some things editing the code of Reborn. I have a project that I haven't shared in the forum, where I implemented three new starters. Each second evolution could either evolve to the corresponding monotype final evolution, to a Fire Dragon, Water Dragon or Grass Dragon respectively or to a Fire Grass, Fire Water or Water Grass pokemon. The thing's that the grass type and the fire type for example evolved to the same Fire Grass pokemon. I had to implement some custom evolutions as well, interacting with the overworld weather. I also did that these dual type pokemon had a 50% chance of putting an egg of each of the two starters of their types in the daycare and I finally implemented these 5 abilities:

Dragon's Den: Boosts Dragon type moves by 50% when under 1/3 health.

Wildfire: +50% Grass type damage under the sun.

Watering: +50% Grass type damage under the rain.

Steam: +50% Water type damage under the sun. Negates the damage reduction of the sun on Water moves.

Incandescent: +50% Fire type damage under the rain. Negates the damage reduction of the rain on Fire moves.

There's nothing great but at least everything compiled and run cleanly, working as intended and with no bugs. I have intention of learning Python this summer, so I might as well try to do more things on Ruby.

Why isn't there a reason? Could there be a reason?

Edited by Lugruf

Wrong on the fingers (most likely).

oJanMF.jpg

What do you like the most about C++, and is there anything you'd like added to it that is used in another language (assuming it didn't just break C++ entirely)

Edited by Cobalt996

What do you like the most about C++, and is there anything you'd like added to it that is used in another language (assuming it didn't just break C++ entirely)

std::maps. The STL in general is awesome, but std::map is specially great. The possibility of using any type of variable as a key instead of an integer and having random access to the elements through that key looks like magic to me. I have some basic idea of how they work and next year I'll be implementing my own map in class, but right now it looks like witchcraft.

The built-in touples of Python look very comfortable to use, and it could be great to have them. Implementing the swap this way for example:

a,b = b,a;

However, they could be a too big overhead and so inneficient for what C++ is supposed to.

Do you beleive in lord Helix?

I believe in no gods. I know that the turtle moves, and no false prophet will fool me with their lies. The turtle moves thing is a reference to the book Small gods from Terry Pratchet.