King Of The Hill

Sir Flash™

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After laboriously testing the castle, I've managed to find some sort of dark magic that's actually in the castle itself. I don't know what it is, but I will trap it there. *seals castle walls in magic sealant* This ought to make it so that none of this dark magic can escape from the castle, and so that it won't harm anyone.

... Oh my goddess.

It's a replica of Sauron's Eye. I am a fangirl right now.

Welp, might as well send that which cannot be harmed easily to scout ahead for us. *traces the air, moving arm in the direction of a shooting star. A cloud overhead splits open and a powerful gust of wind picks up, as if slicing the cloud released a sort of powerful force*

Go, and be my eyes.

*the invisible force of wind rushes past us all, and into the ominous castle of ominous ominousness, to penetrate and reveal its secrets*

... And, while they're scouting, you folks want to sit down inside for a while?

*gestures towards a castle made of Minecraftian blocks of obsidian, dark spruce wood, and glistening quartz* I'll have 'em lower the bridge if you guys want to come inside, cause... Y'know... Waters of the River Styx down in there. *points at a murky, smoky moat which is 30 feet in diameter encircling the peak of the mountain, upon, for further information, where my castle sits*

I uh... Kinda built it a few seconds ago while all this was happening. Y'know. For the lulz. And a queen deserves a regal home.

(@ Absol, Master of Randomness: Just want to clear that up, I'm not spying on the hill in person, I'm using a spell to do it for me. And yes We're still friends, Just adding some Drama to the plot.)

*Watches as Rose detects a very faint trace of the magick in the castle and seals the castle walls in magick sealent. Meanwhile, it seems as if Absol is able to sense my presence in the Spell on the Castle, for some reason he calls a strike team. I can't really answer his sudden question since the link is visual only.*

"Well that limits my view from the entire hill and it's surroundings the just inside the castle walls..."

*Tamer2 returns from his mission to Washington, bearing many scars and badly beaten*

"What happened? Speak!!"

"They... Patriots... Zero... Don't... T-trust them, m'l... ord..."

*Tamer2 dies, I decide not to bring him back this time since he's proven his weakness.*

"Lt.Surge!! Get in here!"

*Surge comes jogging up the stairs and salutes me. I give him orders to head to washington and destroy the Patriots and burn Zero alive. he takes some Dragons and FMSF soldiers and heads out.*

"enough waiting, I'll take the hill while all of them are distracted."

*Hops on Garitina, Decides to remake Tamer2 anyway, this time making him an exact copy of myself in my current state, except as a mental puppet to ensure no mutiny issues, Tamer2 hops on, We take off as a Horn blows from all twelve of the towers, signalling my Dragon Airforce to take to the sky. Ten minutes later we are just a few dozen miles away fro the hill.*

"Garitina. Begin the air raid!"

*Garitina charges up a huge Dragon Pulse as we soar by at ridiculous speed, sending the glowing orb flying into the Castle's interior, Destroying a large part of the court yard. My Wrym Army begins shooting fiery burst of fury at the castle's walls, being reflected into the castle's interior, Completely leveling it, just as I intended.*

"Good, now, commence Phase two!"

*Tamer2 stands up on Garintina's back, hoisting a sword in the air and shouting a battle cry. A wrym soldier flies by and take him onto his back as a third of the force veers off to join him in his assault on Zephyr's mountain stronghold. I can see the Fires erupting as the attack is unleashed. Garitina and I land*

"FMSF, Scout the ruins for survivors!!"

*FMSF scouts, finds nothing, I enter beyond the still pristine outer wall and gaze upon whats left of the Castle I once built here*

"RUUUUUUNG!"

*I look beneath my feet and find a cracked phone on the ground, I pick it up and see it's Absol's. As I prepare to chuck it away, A recording of a phone call plays. I hear Absol saying how he captured the Hill for Notus to hopefully have Peace in the area. Something strange happens in my mind, a Schism, if you will. Though I want to chuck it away and think nothing more of it, I decide to keep it, Effectively Removing Absol from my hit list... But another part of me still wants to let Notus, Rose, and The Boss taste my wrath (It's strawberry flavored, just to let you all know.) Something's going on however, I can feel some of my grip on the Darkness slipping, I stumble to the center of the hill and collapse to my knees, struggling to get to Slight amount of control I lost back, but it's gone, and in that small sliver that the Dark retreated from, A tiny light manifest in my soul, A lighthouse in a stormy sea.*

"No damnit!!! I Foresoke Yooou!!!"

*I grasp my head as My mind becomes a battle ground for the Weilder of Darkness I am now and the Advocate of Light I once was.*

(Hint-Hint: Distracted)

(oh goodie, strawberry's delicious, heartsign lol)

*watches as Tamer's army attacks a castle on the coveted hill* Oh dear, those poor fellows. Glad I picked this mountain instead, but I might as well put up sentries and guards here.

*a powerful tailwind blows from behind my castle, all of the mountain's breeze working to deflect any possible airborne invaders*

Release the Almghty Cthulhu.

*gates in the moat are lowered down, causing the infinite river's waters to flood the foot of the mountain. The great Cthulhu rises from the dead sea, roaring in fury and flapping its great bat-like wings. A random cult visits the new shores in boats to worship Cthulhu, but that's irrelevant(unless they act as footsoldiers lul.).*

*I lazily raise my hand, swirling the air above my head, summoning a massive, stationary super typhoon/hurricane to revolve around the entire mountain, but enclosing the castle grounds and Cthulhu in the eye where we won't get screwed up*

Also, to guard the entrance of the eye... *presses a button. A fleet of myriad steampunk airships hover over the eye, soon accompanied by the Millenium Falcon and a bunch of other TIE-fighter jets and such*

One wrong move, and they'll be blasted to bits.

*puts hands together, looking pleased*

All righty then. C'mon in shortly, all right, Rose? They'll lower the drawbridge for you-- I've got to have it shut for now just in case. Have 'em shut it once you've come inside too, please. *follows Notus inside. The drawbridge goes up once more, with what appear to be souls clinging in vain onto the underside of the great bridge, only to fall back into the cursed waters once more*

*inside the castle, which looks like a modern take on royal homes in contrast to the medieval exterior. I take my place on the big rocking chair, which faces the comfy couch or wherever Notus opted to sit down on. Inside the castle, a gentle breeze seems to flow indefinitely, making the interior emanate a comfortable and relaxing feel*

If you'd like something to drink, just let me know.

Also, it seems that our buddy here's set up a heck load of hexes and traps. He himself is not in the castle, however, but is attacking a castle on the hill as we(or I) speak.

(got ninjaed by Zephyr, but in the end it doesn't change the post)

I watch Tamer's attack from Zephyr's castle, enjoying the hospitality of the Moutain Queen. "Well, good thing I came here. Now to wait the attack finish and go back there to help Rose."

As I think that, however, part of Tamer's army change course and head to the Mountain.

"Oh, he's attacking here too? That's not much like him, the mountain has nothing to do with that."

The front line of the attack arrives, and I decide to join the battle. I fly quickly, barely avoiding a fire ball from one of them dragons. Seems they're mostly the flying kind. Bad choice.

I summon a hurricane force wind to clear my path to the hill, knocking to the ground the dragons in my way. I'm sure Zephyr can deal with the rest of them, so nothing to worry. When I approach the hill I blend myself in the air to get invisible. And so I enter the castle by the front door, along with the rear guard of Tamers army.

Everything is ruined inside. "God damnit, I hope Rose and Absol are ok..." I mutter to myself. I keep searching until I find my target: Tamer, who is unaware of my presence just behind him. He's holding a phone in his hand, and I manage to hear the final part of the call Absol gave me some time ago.

Than something strange happens. Tamer falls to the ground, grasping his head, visibly disturbed. As he does so, the Tri-Force falls from his coat. I have no clue of what is happening, but this is just too good an oportunity to pass...

I jump forward, materializing again and grabing the Tri-Force, imediately feeling it's power. However, something feels strange about it too...

It's only by than that I notice this Tri-Force is pitch black. Before I can do anything, Shadow comes over my arms and my mind sinks into darkness...

The wind rises around the hill. Inside the ruined castle, the man that once was Notus get's up, a grin to his face. His eyes are now entirely black, and he speaks with a cavernous voice.

"So Ethic, you dare to deny the Darkness, just because of a phone call? No problem, I just found a new recipient, as good as any. However, it wouldn't be me if I just let you walk away with this..."

This said, the Shadow began to laugh as Ethic, the castle, and the whole hill were enveloped in a sphere of complete Darkness.

(The Shadow is king of the hill! [pure evil laugh here])

Edited by Notus

(ninja'd? uh.. if that's a bad thing, sorry 'bout that *scratches head sheepishly*)

*sips from my glass of iced tea as the Star Wars theme plays as my fleet intercepts the incoming airborne invasion, and mentally tears down any unit that gets past the galactic airforce through the hurricane*

*down below, Cthulhu, along with masses of the dead, pulverize any incoming hordes of footsoldiers and ships even*

... Hm, something isn't right. Perhaps I ought to--

*picks up the scent of freshly homemade chocolate chip cookies in the air*

Ooh.~ *goes off to grab some from the kitchen*

*pokes head out of storm cellar* I knew something wasn't right :P Now about this shadow, I think I'll send it back into Inkheart. *casts a spell to send the shadow into the book* My hill, time to start rebuilding. Anyone want to help?

(@ Zephyr: No problem, it just means you posted right before me - although now that i see it, it was 10 minutes before xD - but it wasn't a problem at all.)

The Shadow arrived at the world of Inkheart, thrown there by Rose's sorcery. as it looked around and recognized the place, an evil grin came to it's lips.

"So, she thinks I'm that shadow... Ha, it's almost funny. Well well, as I'm here I might as well take advantage of the situation..."

The Shadow than flies to Capricorn's keep, ready to make a deal...

No time seems to have passed on the real world when it returns. The mountain is still hidden behind a massive wall of wind an Rose just arrived in the hill.

"Hello again Sorceress... I'm glad you had the courtesy to send me into an world so nice as that. See, I've even brought friends from there!"

That said, Inkheart's Shadow rises behind Rose and eats her alive.

"Guess, I'm king again than" says The Shadow with a smile.

*I didn't notice Notus until a creepy ass laugh echoes forth from him*

"What the hell...?"

*A sphere of darkness envelops the hill, and I realize that the Aphotic force is gone, it's link to my soul broken*

"Notus...so you again usurp the power of another..."

*I sense Rose's magick signature nearby, I call out to Garitina, hoping the Beast is still loyal to me, luckily it is.*

"Get us back to the isle, Something is about to go down here, and I need to sort myself out."

*Garitina flies into the D.W., I watch from the other side as Notus is teleported somewhere, then comes right back a second later, this time with an army of what seems to be shadows. we emerge back on the Isle. Half my Dragon Air Army is missing, Presumably wiped out in some counter attack back at the hill. Tamer2 is nowhere to be found.*

Garitina sends a single telepathic message to me.

"I can no longer serve you. The Darkness caressith not thine soul anymore."

*Garitina flies off into the Distortion world before I can protest. What's left of my Army goes with it. The rift closes, and I find that I can no longer manipulate the fabric of rhyme and reason to reopen it. Lost and without hope, The forces of Good and Evil still raging in my head, I stumble up to the top level of the Citadel. A thick, sharp pain runs through my skull, I collapse to the floor. Everything goes dark.*

"Good to finally see you here, Ethic."

*the darkness starts to fade, Receding to half my vision field as a blinding light fills the receding area. I see a lone figure sitting atop a throne of souls, some smiling in bliss, some writhing in agony. the figure's body is half cloaked in inky shadow, half cloaked in ethereal star light. I attempt to speak but cannot form words.*

"Don't speak. You lost that right when you became unaligned to either side of Dark or Light. Just as I did when I went through the same thing myself. The ruling forces of this world are cruel, Ethic. They demand Allegiance to one side or the other, no inbetween."

*The Man now stands right in front of me, though he never got up and moved out of the chair.*

"But why must a person serve one or the other? Why can a man not use the power of whichever side they so please when it serves their interest? Many never live long enough to be able to develop a thought process to pose this vital question..."

*He steps even closer to me, I can feel raw power radiating off of him. The forces at war within me become equally matched in his presence.*

"But you, Ethic, You are like me. You are different. You have wielded both the Light and the Dark, despite the Ruling forces wishes to have you at their beck and call, You have walked both paths. You have experienced Light and Darkness waring inside your soul, An event the stress of which would kill an average person, But yet you still stand. You are like me, You are a Balance!"

*He holds out his hands, A contract appears in the Left, a quil and ink well in his right.*

"Join me, and I shall awaken the powers that are your's by right of Endeavor. Take the quil, and sign below, And I shall make you into a free man, never to be a lap dog again!"

*I think long and hard about this. Both the light and darkness seperately have failed me, Each opening me up to defeat and hard loss in the end. I had no hope, not after the fiasco at the hill. But this man, he holds all the hope I'll Ever need in his hands.I've lost everything, my Army, my Servant, My Dragons, and my power. I'm a walking wreck, a complete failure. And there is one man responsible for this: NOTUS: THE MOTHER-FREAKING WIND CALLER. I find that I can Speak."

"Will I be Able to finally set things to rights? To kill Notus once and for all? And Rose? And The Boss?"

*He nods to me, a cruel smile spreading across his face like the cesher cat.*

"Then I will do whatever you want"

*A third chance, And I'd be a damn fool not to take it. I reach out and dip the quil in the ink well, reading the contract as I sign it.*

"I, Ethic, Former Child of the Day and Defected Weilder of the night, Hereby swear that on this day and night, and all days and nights following, I shall Foresake all Allegiance to the primary duality of the World! I shall be a Shadow in the Day, and a Beacon in the night, In practice if not just in Name!! I shall bind myself to only the path of the middle ground, only reaching up to the trees or digging down to the earth when they are able to serve me!!! I shall know no King who cannot kill me, I shall Falter before no army!!!! I shall Bring the world to Rights, I Will Go forth and tear apart the old order!!!"

*I finish signing, the document disappears and I find my body engulfed in light and shadow, flowing out of my soul and encasing my body in a swirling and merging Ethereal Armor. the two finally merge I am Engulfed in Twilight (not the freaking movies/novels). Renewed power flows through my body. Far more power than the MSM or Excalliber or the Tri-Force or even the Aphotic force could ever grant me. The vision fades and I find myself once again standing in the citadel. (Just pulled a complete Cecil Harvey) I speak, my voice full of power and authority that weren't there before.*

""Let us see what goes on in my absence."

*I close my Eyes and draw on my new power, a vision of the hill appears before me, I see Shadow-Notus Banishing Rose to some Shadowy realm, and it looks kinda like the Void... I can sense Shade- Notus's power from the vision, disgusted at how I allowed such power to fall into those hands, at myself for not doing what was needed before. But I am different now. And I know that with both primary forces at my command, I could easily Destroy Him.*

"Prepare Thine self, Shade."

*I open my eyes and soar into the sky, phasing right through the walls of the citadel. I hitch a ride on the Light of the sun, being catapualted up to light speed, I reach the hill in less than a milisecond, Just in time to see Notus Claiming the hill*

"..."

*I use the darkness to phase into the Earth, then begin my manipulation there, weaving the rock and stone's energy into a fearsome coagulation. I rise back to the surface, and make my move. As I prepare to strike, I recite the lines of a former vengeance pledge. amplifying the words to a screeching volume.*

"I SHALL CALL THE WRATH OF THE EARTH UPON NOTUS!!!"

*I send the pulse of Green Energy hurtiling into Notus, It collides with the impact of twelve H-Bombs, a massive explosion ensues.*

Wildfire_explosion.jpg

*There is nothing left of Notus when the smoke clears, but I know because of this hill that he'll be back from the dead soon enough.*

"there are still others, but their time will come soon..."

*I leave the hill, Going deep within the Earth to find the cause for the mound of dirt granting immortality to all who fight for it. If you care for immortality, than just try to stop me.*

( hill is unocupado.)

Edited by Legendaries tamer

An insane amount of energy hits The Shadow coming from deep down the Earth. It would easily be enough to kill it's recipient, Notus, but not the demon who's taken his body. It fades to protect itself, and keeps invisible for sometime to see what Tamer is planning.

"So Ethic is still more powerfull than before... I wonder how he's got all this power. He's not any smarter than when I used him, and didn't realize who he's fighting yet. He still thinks I'm Notus!" The Shadow couldn't help but laugh at this thought.

"So he's gonna do my job for me... Fine. Let him find wathever created that annoying hill, and destroy it. Than I can finally do my job here and take them all with me, for I'm The Shadow of Death!"

"Ironically, my work now is to protect Ethic from the others so he suceeds in his mission... Well, I'll do it... for now."

With that, The Shadow raised again walls of darkness around the hill. This time it made them imbued to the hill itself, so that they could feed in it's renovating power and turn unbreakeable. Rose wouldn't be able to teleport The Shadow anymore without making it to the entire hill too. Anyone who figured out a way of passing through this walls would have to face The Shadow one-on-one.

"Now to make this more interesting..."

It turned for the mountain kingdom and held the Aphotic Force high. It turned into a long, silver bladed reaping scythe. One strike in the direction of the false God Cthulhu bought him dead to the ground. At the same time, it used Notus's wind powers to stop the hurricane around the hill. And than, to finish off, it made an illusion of Rose doing that, and planted in Zephyr's mind.

"Now Rose will have a nice surprise when she comes back... And Zephyr won't be bothering me at the same time."

*I was several hundred feet under the hill when Another visit came from the Man on the soul throne, And he looks quite pissed at something.*

"What do you think you are doing, Continuing down this route will violate the contract!!"

"What Are you talking about? I serve only myself now."

"No, you have been played, Ethic, you think you act in your own interest, but in truth, you are unwittingly serving the ends of the master of the Dark Himself. The Usurper and the destroyer: The Shadow of Death."

*I think of this for a moment, thankfull I'd been stopped before I'd done something that would again result in my loss of power.*

"We serve not the dark or the light, On paper, we serve only ourselves, but in truth, people like you and I serve the twilight, the in between, the balance. It is the almighty element, Ethic, It is the perfection, It will not fail you because it is infallible! But enough on that It is time to take up arms agaisnt the dark, my brother, for The Darkness has gained too much leverage in recent times, most notably during the period that you served it, but this is no time for Blame. We must do this to preserve the Balance!"

*I hash this over, and decide to just put my faith in the twilight.*

" So long as it can not fail me...Then let us go, And preserve the Twilight."

* A door way appears, we stepp through it and are transported to some strange transparent castle in the sky, over looking the hill, now engulfed in darkness.*

"Come, to the war room, we must act swiftly!!"

*He leads me up to the War room, where several other people whose bodies are cloaked in twilight like us are assembled around a table. a large, high backed chair stands at the other end, concealing who is sitting in it.*

"Sir, he must have the plan explained to him!"

*The chair turns around, sitting in it is....Morgan Freeman*

5955_view.jpg

"Greetings, ethic, take a seat, We'll have to make this quick."

I watch in despair as The Shadow that took my body works it's evil deeds. Locked up within my own self, I can only watch as Death makes it's way to the control of the hill and, further on, to it's end.

That is not what I wanted. I wanted to build an Utopy, a place where people could live in total perfection, where they wouldn't be afraid of Death... And now I'm nothing but a tool for it.

Suddenly, reaching to me, comes a voice. It's Absol! I don't know how he managed to reach me, but I cannot lose this oportunity. He seems to be oblivious of the entity that has taken my body.

"Absol, thank goodness! You'll need to act quickly, while Death still thinks Tamer is under the hill. Go get Rose and Zephyr, tell them about the illusion Death made to fool them, and than find Tamer. You guys will have to work together to defeat it. If you have to attack me... Hold nothing back, hopefully I'll be ok thanks to the hill's power. Now go, my friend, and do what you must!"

Hmm, guess it would suck if I created an absolute light spell, one that doesn't allow any Shadow to reside anywhere. Oh wait, I guess I just did. My hill, and a destroyed shadow at that B) Oh yeah

*watches as "Rose" destroys the hurricane*

... That can't be her. It's not the right color of hair. The winds tell me that it doesn't feel humanoid either.

*shrugs, while eating cookies and drinking milk*

Ah whatever, the army of darkness as disappeared somehow, and the Galactic Forces still rest in my sphere of influence.

*watches the entire skirmish from up on the mountain*

*shakes head in pity and amusement* Tsk, tsk, tsk.

(It's not an actual shadow Rose, it's Death itself. But yeah, guess light would go through the walls.)

Suddenly a blinding light shot through the wall of Darkness. "Zephyr still ain't attacking Rose, but it's a matter of time" As Rose came through the opening in the wall, certainly expecting Death to be dead (?) it rose it's Scythe and landed a terrible blow on her neck, cutting off her head.

"Ah, if I could only know that she won't be back... But this damned hill won't let me."

Than it turned to the ground, as the Dark Wall recomposed itself. "Why is Ethic taking so long? Maybe I should sense where he is..." As it said it made a surprised expression "What the... He ain't here! Damnit! I guess I'll have to deal with him before I search for the source of this hill's power."

*The Great Explainer, Morgan Freeman-

5955_view.jpg

- just finished explaining in five minutes the history of the world and how dark and light related to it and the plan to defeat the shade o death and restore balance, when all of a sudden, a huge blast of light cuts through the black sphere and destroys it.*

"Well, it seems that in the span of five minutes, someone beat us to our goal. Oh welp, Who want's some celebratory cake to commemorate our victory by default?"

*Morgan Freeman reaches under the table and pulls out a large cake, and begins cuting off slices and passing them down the table.*

"Halt, sir, The Shade is not dead!!"

*My friend from the soul throne points at the floor, showing the wall of darkness recomposing itself.*

"No matter, we'll save the cake for when we return from battle."

*Morgan Freeman calls forth Arceus, the two get up from the table and head towards the castle entrance*

"And remember, Ethic, Sol, your roles are quite vital to our success."

*Everyone else leaves the table as well. only me and my throne friend, Sol, are left.*

"shall we?"

"yes, let's"

*We phase into the sunlight and head to our designated points, traveling at the speed of light.*