Gym battles are way harder then they should be

zancrow

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look, I'm just here to say that at the end of the day, even with a level cap and 6 mons and 2 full restores, you're STILL at an advantage. You can revive, they can't. You can prep, they can't. You're smart, they're...bots.

now to go back to my max 3 badge career

I have an issue to raise up regarding the gym leaders. Though it might have been mentioned before I want to mention it again regardless. They are too difficult. Often times, when I take on the gym my pokemon's levels are all way too high to the point where they rarely listen to me since I don't have the required badge. And I still have to make several attempts just to barely win the battle.. Is that the same for everyone else or am I just doing something wrong?

Idk why you are upset with cinncino and porigon if u have fighting type with Close combat or High jump kick it should be easy gym plus set field on fire.

And gyms arent that hard at all u can get through first 4 gym with 3-4 mons (Julia 2) if your Pokemons are underleveled dont play with 6 in your team but with 5

About things that you must catch pokemon breed and blablabla = u have 6 slots for pokemon , Each can have dual typing , they can learn 4 moves 4x6=24 which means you dont need to (often) do exping and such things to get through gym leader cos with 6 mons u can cover every type weakness (The most important types to have in reborn are Fire,Ground,Fighting,Psychic,Water,Electric)

I enjoy that the gyms can be a little more difficult. In a regular game its take 5-10 min because their weak. Reborn takes the aspect of making gym leaders what their supposed to be. Someone who is a strong trainer and it making a challenge. The field affects also add to the fun because their not the only ones who can take advantage of it :3

Ahhh, the seasonal "Reborn is too hard" topic. Seems the trends are coming early this year.

IKR? Just waiting for the gym leaders are too easy topic to come in.

But really there is only one thing that would make a gym battle be consider difficult which I call bullshit difficulty. BS difficulty basically means a boss can one shot everything effortless or in Serra's Case back in EVIII, pretty much dodge everything to increase her damage output (the hax level was very annoying and it took forever to replicate that difficulty). Right now, no leader falls into those catagoeries though Pre-nerf Aya was borderline.

You can complain all you want but Ame designs the game for a certain level of experienced players. I ain't going to make an easy mode for the game either as that's not a good use of my time. Reborn gives you plenty of warning ahead of time not to run just one or two mons and especially overlevel and ignoring it pretty much creates these complaints. Game makers design their games in a way to teach players and punishment systems definitely help improve the experience.

i don't think a gym that you can plow with one pokemon is easy (my heracross is looking at you luna) but seriously, the gym is hard if you aren't prepared enough, get the perfect mon for the perfect scenario

you will not go to your teacher saying the exam is hard make an easy version because you didn't study

I dont necessarily think it's as hard as people make it out to be.. except maybe that kid with cincinno.
I started playing reborn without much battle knowledge (mostly just type advantage and stats), still managed to finish eps 15 with only 5 pokemons team. I dont use a full team because it got somewhat easy