Grass types in Pokémon Rejuvenation [Version 8]

Hect

Hello there! So, I'm currently trying to get myself a decent team for the upcoming versions of this nice little game here. :-P I just got done with my Fire type (Chandelure) yesterday and am now searching for a good Grass type to add to my team.

So the question is: Which one would you recommend, which one do you think is the best for this game? Opinions may differ, so I want to know as many as possible. I'm currently using a Tangrowth, but I'm planning to replace it/breed a new, better one.

I prefer bulky Pokémon over anything else, though I'm open for everything.

Here is my current Grass type:

t2a7wx4.png

0CPvXKE.png

Thanks for the help and suggestions! I appreciate it.

• Veterans

Ludicolo can be pretty good if you have swift swim and rain dance on it, Shroomish can be obtained in Akora forest from headbutting the trees there, which can evolve into Breloom (which is really good to have), if you found a root fossil, you can get Lileep and evolve it into Cradily which is a good tank.

As much as I hate suggesting it because Azery is a shit, Jumpluff is also a very good grass mon as it outspeeds a LOT of things and does damage in the meantime as well. Its only con is that it has a glaring 4x weakness to ice.

Also, if you're a little lucky, it's possible that Cottonee hatches from the mystery egg, which would allow you to evolve it in whimsicott, which is a good prankster mon to have.

Hope you can continue with this! If you need more locations, there's the Pokémon location guide for you to use.

Ludicolo can be pretty good if you have swift swim and rain dance on it, Shroomish can be obtained in Akora forest from headbutting the trees there, which can evolve into Breloom (which is really good to have), if you found a root fossil, you can get Lileep and evolve it into Cradily which is a good tank.

As much as I hate suggesting it because Azery is a shit, Jumpluff is also a very good grass mon as it outspeeds a LOT of things and does damage in the meantime as well. Its only con is that it has a glaring 4x weakness to ice.

Also, if you're a little lucky, it's possible that Cottonee hatches from the mystery egg, which would allow you to evolve it in whimsicott, which is a good prankster mon to have.

Hope you can continue with this! If you need more locations, there's the Pokémon location guide for you to use.

Breloom it is. Thank you very much! Lacked physical attackers on my team.

Edited by Lagspike

Tangrowth seems perfectly fine though. It has the stats and moves to go physical if you want a phys mon. And can be a tank too because of Giga Drain and Growth. Has access to Grassy Terrain to wrestle power from the boss fights if the field's too daunting.

Tangrowth seems perfectly fine though. It has the stats and moves to go physical if you want a phys mon. And can be a tank too because of Giga Drain and Growth. Has access to Grassy Terrain to wrestle power from the boss fights if the field's too daunting.

While that is true, it doesn't really exceed at anything. It's more of a jack of all trades (And a master of none.) and that's what hindering it so much.

I could work with it in the past, but I think it's better to move on and replace it. Even though I won't deny that it has served me well. I already have a comparatively slow team and something fast won't do me any bad, I suppose. Only time will tell if it's better or not, but I got reason to believe that it is.. knowing my team/play style. :-P Anyway, thanks for your opinion on the matter!

Edit: No honey equals no Breloom.

4ZXnbaG.png

Don't ask why. I've finished Version 8. :-P No idea if it's a bug, but it sure isn't mentioned in the Bug Reporting Thread.

Edited by Lagspike

• Veterans

Nah, you don't need honey for it! If you have a mon with headbutt, you should be able to headbutt some of the trees in Akora forest. No need to slather honey on the trees.

• Veterans

I'm a what now >:[

Trevenant could be good too. Trev's has a p wide movepool and good stats. Could run a troll set with WoW, Curse, Leech Seed and Phantom Force. Makes stuff die REALLY quickly.

Another suggestion would be Shiftry but I don't have -too- much of an idea of how good it'd be in rejuvenation.

Nah, you don't need honey for it! If you have a mon with headbutt, you should be able to headbutt some of the trees in Akora forest. No need to slather honey on the trees.

And there I already started my epic quest for honey; First, I went to my PC, not being able to find any Teddiursa (Never got it after I beat that help request. Didn't exactly seem worth it. When I wanted to get it, I instead got a Spearow. Probably some change that got introduced with Version 8, oh well.) since I never got one in the first place. Saddened, I opened the Pokémon Location Guide, finding out that I could get one by travelling to Kugearen Woods. So I went to Valor Mountain, but soon started to realize that something was preventing me from going on top of it. (Perhaps I wasn't stubborn enough. Maybe it was because I simply couldn't access it anymore.)

After that, I went to the Pokémon Location Guide once again and kept searching for Pokémon with ability "Honey Gather", only to realize that Combee wasn't even available. Disappointed about the fact that I wouldn't be able to beat the honey out of other Pokémon, (Quite literally.) I went here only to realize that I only need to have one of my Pokémon constantly have it's head smash against a tree (And possibly receive a concussion.) and wait until I encounter a Shroomish. All of this took me one hour and several minutes.

5/7 - Would search for honey again. Jokes aside, thank you once again. Would be doomed without your advice. Probably.

I'm a what now >:[

Trevenant could be good too. Trev's has a p wide movepool and good stats. Could run a troll set with WoW, Curse, Leech Seed and Phantom Force. Makes stuff die REALLY quickly.

Another suggestion would be Shiftry but I don't have -too- much of an idea of how good it'd be in rejuvenation.

I was thinking about picking Trevenant, honestly. But it's a Ghost/Grass type and I already have a Ghost type on my team. (Chandelure) And besides, the Gen 6 meta-game gave me headaches with all those troll sets it threw at me, I don't want to do that to anybody else - Not even NPC's that lack feelings, emotions and common sense and are essentially programmed for one thing and for one thing only.

Shiftry? I don't like that mad look on it's face. Sorry. Maybe if it was a little happier. But for now, I'm hell-bent on getting a Breloom, seeing as I always lacked a decent fighting type throughout my journey through Aevium. (Yup.) Thanks for your advice, anyway! Much appreciated.

Edit: Not sure if Shroomish is axed, but I'm dying a little on the inside with every headbutt. Just a case of bad luck? Tested all the trees in the forest for approximately one hour now.

At this rate, I will probably start headbutting my desk. Time to continue.

Edited by Lagspike

Edit: Not sure if Shroomish is axed, but I'm dying a little on the inside with every headbutt. Just a case of bad luck? Tested all the trees in the forest for approximately one hour now.

At this rate, I will probably start headbutting my desk. Time to continue.

I don't believe Shroomish was been axed in the most recent version of the game, finding him was always a nightmare. There's no special condition for him though, all you need is to Headbutt the trees at any point in time. It can happen with other Pokemon too: it took me 6 hours of Rock Smashing on Route 2 to find a Dwebble. Keep trying!

I don't believe Shroomish was been axed in the most recent version of the game, finding him was always a nightmare. There's no special condition for him though, all you need is to Headbutt the trees at any point in time. It can happen with other Pokemon too: it took me 6 hours of Rock Smashing on Route 2 to find a Dwebble. Keep trying!

Six hours? Well.. time to start, I suppose. I'd be interested in what's the percentual chance to find a Shroomish, though. :-D

Edited by Lagspike

Shroomish is still there according to the PBS files, but it's the rarest encounter rip. Good luck trying to find one.

Thanks for giving me hope, I suppose. I'll get it eventually.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, Roserade is quite a good grass type to have on a team, sporting immense special attack and defense with decent speed, might lack in physical defense but hey if you are able to sweep with Roserade who needs defense anyway, albeit it is hellish to find one Budew in morning encounter(i think you can get Roselia in toxic waste at Caratos if iirc), plus getting Shiny stone and grinding for hapiness aren't exactly easy, it all pays off when you get a Roserade in return for the grind though

While that is true, it doesn't really exceed at anything. It's more of a jack of all trades (And a master of none.) and that's what hindering it so much.

I could work with it in the past, but I think it's better to move on and replace it. Even though I won't deny that it has served me well. I already have a comparatively slow team and something fast won't do me any bad, I suppose. Only time will tell if it's better or not, but I got reason to believe that it is.. knowing my team/play style. :-P Anyway, thanks for your opinion on the matter!

Edit: No honey equals no Breloom.

4ZXnbaG.png

Don't ask why. I've finished Version 8. :-P No idea if it's a bug, but it sure isn't mentioned in the Bug Reporting

Is it bad that I stole a thing from Donna's?

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, Roserade is quite a good grass type to have on a team, sporting immense special attack and defense with decent speed, might lack in physical defense but hey if you are able to sweep with Roserade who needs defense anyway, albeit it is hellish to find one Budew in morning encounter(i think you can get Roselia in toxic waste at Caratos if iirc), plus getting Shiny stone and grinding for hapiness aren't exactly easy, it all pays off when you get a Roserade in return for the grind though

Thank you for your suggestion. I also thought about including Roserade, but I wasn't sure whether it's obtainable already. (I know how powerful it is since I used it quite frequently in UU back in the day. One hell of a beast.) :-P And I'm happy with a Breloom now!

Is it bad that I stole a thing from Donna's?

You did.. what?! "There's only one punishment. The sentence is death." Pff, always those thieves.

sBkRZmf.png

Vileplume is pretty bulky on both sides, while still having good Sp. Atk.

It's also one of the few things that naturally learn Toxic (before stone evolution axes it level-up moveset, that is).

Big minus? One of the few Grass-type who has no Leech Seed, even with breeding. *pats Vileplume* it's okay my child, i still love you.

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

Amoonguss is one of the best bulky grass types. Good bulk, regenerator ability, toxic by level up, OP spore, synthesis, aand it can be tutored Foul Play when it becomes available in the game...

i just hate its design though....

this one is a starter but once lvl 62 it's broken, timid serperior is the best grass type in my oppinion

Serperior with Contrary can be broken, yes. Given that you can get those Leaf Storms off. Otherwise it's only half-decent, at least in my opinion. But then again, I'm thinking that the Gen 5 starters were a disappointment in their own right. Moving on.. (I'm not hating on them. :-P In fact, I like the designs very much. And they are more than enough for the storyline of the games, but let's think competitive for a moment.)

I'm vouching for Trevenant! Awesome dual coverage, decent attacks to go with his decent attack, and best of all, Destiny Bond cheese on hard boss fights. He's siiiick.

Denied. Moving on.. ^_^

sBkRZmf.png

Vileplume is pretty bulky on both sides, while still having good Sp. Atk.

It's also one of the few things that naturally learn Toxic (before stone evolution axes it level-up moveset, that is).

Big minus? One of the few Grass-type who has no Leech Seed, even with breeding. *pats Vileplume* it's okay my child, i still love you.

I was thinking about getting a Vileplume when playing through Terajuma Jungle/Resort/Whatever in Version 7. But I decided to keep my Tangrowth just because of it's bulk that really came in handy later on. I wouldn't mind keeping my Tangrowth, but there's just Pokémon that can do better, so I decided to replace it. And I don't think I have a strong desire to walk around with the same team for ages. The time for changes has come!

Amoonguss is one of the best bulky grass types. Good bulk, regenerator ability, toxic by level up, OP spore, synthesis, aand it can be tutored Foul Play when it becomes available in the game...

i just hate its design though....

Amoonguss is pretty nice! I agree on all the points that you made, but I don't like it's design. And that's what bothers me so much that I'm not gonna train one anytime soon. ^.^

Anyway, presenting..

AtNgyoz.png

Thanks to the one person that made this whole thing a little less bothersome! Without you, I would've probably headbutted my desk for real. *Offers roasted thanks on silver tablet* That's 3/6 team members done!

Edited by Lagspike