Starting Reborn hardcore run on youtube

ebonywolf

Since there seems to be a lack of playthroughs of the hardcore mod on youtube (that I could find). I decided to make my own.

Im focusing on showing the hardcore fights, so the trainers and random pokemon encounters are being cut out. Its kind of a blind run since its my first time on the hardcore mod. Ive only played the normal one so far.

Also my first youtube series, so any critique is appreciated.

Episode 1:

link: https://youtu.be/zsGjGbv90Vg

our first harder fight is the dude right outside the pokemon center. A level 70 mega rayquaza oO, geez I didnt expect this kind of difficulty spike.

but still.

I kick that mega-rayquaza ass right off the bat. The only banned pokemon from uber tiers gets killed by level 10s, go figure.

#jigglypuffOP

luckily that seems to be the only guy with an overpowered pokemon.

then kricketune solo Ferns team. He is just as bad as your partner unfortunately.

The rest seems pretty much unchanged from the vanilla, and nothing really interesting happened.

Episode 2:

At the factory now. Plowing through team metor till I reach my first roadblock which is the level 20 magmar and electabuzz.

I tried several team compositions, but the two seemed to focus on my pokemons instead of fern, and none of them could survive the double teaming. I even tried capturing 5 trubbish with aftermath but it seems aftermath doesnt work when killed with special moves. shame...

my level 10 ekans with intimidate was the key to their demise. Alongside kricketune struggle bug, magmar and electabuzz couldnt do much damage anymore.

Its gym time, and my team gets wrecked by Julia. I leveled up my zigzagoon for mud sport to remove that cheap electric field but it seems that it doesnt. which kind of sucks, oh well, at least I got a Hm slave.

In the end, blitzle did most of the work since Julia's pokemons couldnt really harm him.

I'll be continuing the episodes on my youtube channel.

A. Mud Sport does clear out the field however it's hardly noticeable. I only know this due to sleep powder testing which I do have videos proving it. The electric terrain background just doesn't go away is all.

B. The background music is overshadowing your voice a little bit so I suggest turning it down a few notches so it doesn't overpower you. Other than that, your speaking is pretty good and I can understand you pretty well.

C. I'm surprised how you were able to beat that Rayquayza way early and found a tactic (Froakie just shot up so many levels which was hilarious). Only other way that early was with trubbish aftermath but still kudos to you for breaking my game.

D. That Julia song switch was something I was testing for a battle in E16 so I'll fix it in the release in August. I think what happened is that I janked up the script and had to redo so much over I forgot about that.

Anyways, it's always nice seeing people talk about Hardcore one way or another and I generally watch every single thing usually for entertainment. And I'll be watching those videos so feel free to say anything you want...well not anything but you get the idea as I try to listen to what people say.