AAAAA GOD DAMMIT. FINE

Zumi

• Veterans

y'all god damn know what this is about. fine, fine i give in but only because of sheer curiosity because i like these kind of things actually okay. okay? okay

i like sharing things about myself and my knowledge. it's a guilty pleasure and i'm sorry but i really. really enjoy these things actually despite having yelled about not wanting to make the topic BUT I HAVE MY REASONS OKAY

..That aside, just one thing; As much as I like the meme-y questions, I'm actually expecting serious questions more so over the memes, as those actually interest me more as well in these kind of situations.

You can expect a more serious and lengthy answer from me with those questions too. It's one of the reasons I actually really hesitated with making an AMA for myself too, since, well... If you've talked to me on the server, you know I'm kind of a prankster and like to mess with people (and get messed with equally in return). However, as a result, I often feel like I don't get taken all that seriously because of it (which is fair I guess because I kinda called it out over myself), and therefore want to use this opportunity to have a more serious questions session.

not that i don't like jokes of course, because you know how i am :V

Just don't, uh... outnumber the serious questions with jokes I guess? I kinda like these kind of topics to actually share opinions about things and share knowledge/things about myself. There's just more to me than just the memer side of me, and I'd like to talk about the other sides too as they're also part of me, so you'd do me a huge favor if you asked me about those kind of things too!

And for those who aren't really aware of who I am, let me give you a short introduction...

My name is Famke, but a lot of people know me simply as Zumi. I'm 18 years old, my birthday is on December 15th, and I'm going to be a sophomore student at a college for game design; more specifically visual arts. I'm pansexual and demipanromantic, I have an A+ boyfriend ( :^) ) and my mbti type is ISFP. I love making art and music, I'm currently developing my own fangame and i absolutely fucking love coffee tbh

So... There you have it! I'll be waiting patiently for your questions c:

also please don't overwhelm me with a huge list of questions, like... 10 at most at a time tbh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rip alice's 45 questions

uh i don't have too many for you but w/e here's some i guess

which character would you kill in danganronpa 3, if you had to kill one

if you had to choose, mystic or valor? do not put instinct >:c

if you could obliterate a pokemon from existence, which one would it be

• Veterans

rip alice's 45 questions

uh i don't have too many for you but w/e here's some i guess

which character would you kill in danganronpa 3, if you had to kill one

if you had to choose, mystic or valor? do not put instinct >:c

if you could obliterate a pokemon from existence, which one would it be

• Wow now you made me sad because i don't want to kill any of them.... But if you insist, I'd probably kill juzo sakakura because he's kind of an asshole (he probably got his reasons but. still)

• BUT IM FROM INSTINCT SO RUDE If i had to choose between the two tho i'd still go for valor because red is my favourite color and the leader looks cute tbh

• delete espurr (because im still salty about that shiny one i couldn't catch in rejuvenation because i ran out of pokeballs, so i had to kill it and it. made me encounter absolutely no shinies up to the point where jan made me test valor mountain for the first time (aka for about 8 months))

Why is everyone loving to hate the AMAs?

There was a time we were all mostly against them because at the time they were pointless and flooded the community, but now that they've become a passing tradition, why is it still seen as a bother or as "giving in" to make one?

Why must everyone be so tsundere about this

It's like

I'm the tsunderest

Why the fuck are you all trying to take that away from me

It's like the only weaboo thing I've got besides my name damn it

So I shrunk down my list for you~

1. Which current auth member do you feel should be promoted?
2. What game genre interests you the most?
3. Which user have you found yourself disagreeing with the most, and why?
4. Is there any non-staff member you feel should be promoted??
5. What do you look for in a friend?
6. What do you think makes for good qualities in a leader?
7. What does "love" mean to you?
8. What kind of job would you like to do?
9. What do you think is your most redeeming quality?
10. Who on Reborn do you look up to most?

• Administrators

I have an A+ boyfriend ( :^) )

wait a second

_

ok let's make you talk about yourself you delightful human being.

First: what is/are the thing(s) you've created that you're most proud of? Any number of any form of media show us everything that comes to mind because picking one thing is difficult!!

How about the oldest thing(s) you've made? Are you proud of how far you've come? You should be.

When did you realise art was the thing you wanted to be doing with yourself?

Favorite Pokemon? Why?

Favorite type? Why?

Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, Team ... Plasma....2....whatever they were called tbh I played 10 minutes of B2W2, or Team Flare? Why?

• Veterans

Why is everyone loving to hate the AMAs?

There was a time we were all mostly against them because at the time they were pointless and flooded the community, but now that they've become a passing tradition, why is it still seen as a bother or as "giving in" to make one?

Why must everyone be so tsundere about this

It's like

I'm the tsunderest

Why the fuck are you all trying to take that away from me

It's like the only weaboo thing I've got besides my name damn it

I didn't want to make one because I was afraid that I wouldn't be taken seriously even after saying that I'd rather be using these kind of topics for more serious topics and questions/answers, even though I was curious as hell about what kind of things would be asked. Because of my behavior sometimes on the server, I'm not taken seriously all that often, and I don't mind it most of the time because I don't want to be taken seriously all the time either.

It's that when I'm actually serious and I'm not being taken as such, it's extremely frustrating for me as I don't want to be reduced to a joke, which leads to the reason as of why I hesitated so long with making an AMA. So after a long time of thinking, I just decided to make it as clear as possible that I'd really rather have the AMA be a bit more serious than constant trolling and memeing, as that stuff happens on the server enough already.

So I shrunk down my list for you~

1. Which current auth member do you feel should be promoted?

2. What game genre interests you the most?

3. Which user have you found yourself disagreeing with the most, and why?

4. Is there any non-staff member you feel should be promoted??

5. What do you look for in a friend?

6. What do you think makes for good qualities in a leader?

7. What does "love" mean to you?

8. What kind of job would you like to do?

9. What do you think is your most redeeming quality?

10. Who on Reborn do you look up to most?

1. ehhhh i actually honestly don't know. maybe mde to a server mod too or something because of his timezone, he's pretty neat

2. (J)RPG, Adventure, Puzzle and strategy. Things that don't really require me to be fast with things in order to beat and give me time to think, at least :v

3. you know, as much as i'd like to say it outright i think it's pretty obvious who it is if you know what's been going on recently, and if you don't know then that's probably for the better since I don't really like making public callouts all that much.

4. uhhhhhh nope

5. People who are down to earth, are honest and are fun to talk with and share interests. The second thing being the most important, because I'll feel much more like I can trust a person if they're open with me as well.

6. A good leader is one who appeals to the crowds, but also knows how to get shit done and doesn't make false promises. (the latter probably not counting for me because im dumb and forgot to stream today even though i said i would because a lot of stuff has been happening and i've just been so busy i completely forgot about it)

7. Love is something that requires dedication and mutual trust and honesty with each other. Being open to each other is especially important so there's no tension between you and your partner(s). But if you keep it up and care for each other and put energy into being open, it can be something beautiful and fulfilling c:

8. Visual art or animation for games, of course! Perhaps freelance, but definitely not at a huge company. Smaller companies seem more appealing as they offer more variation in what I can do.

9. perhaps that i'm very open to talk to people??? or perhaps that i'm good at creative stuff but... idk i'm not really sure otherwise haha,,

10. Ame and Jan. Ame mostly because I honestly admire her for the incredible work she's put into Reborn, and Jan mostly because I'm so so so SO proud of him for making it as far as he did with Rejuvenation (like... man i had to teach him how to sprite at first because he had no clue how to properly do so at first and now he's gotten honestly good at it) and also because i'm jealous of his storywriting skills. give them to me tbh

wait a second

_

ok let's make you talk about yourself you delightful human being.

First: what is/are the thing(s) you've created that you're most proud of? Any number of any form of media show us everything that comes to mind because picking one thing is difficult!!

How about the oldest thing(s) you've made? Are you proud of how far you've come? You should be.

When did you realise art was the thing you wanted to be doing with yourself?

Favorite Pokemon? Why?

Favorite type? Why?

Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, Team ... Plasma....2....whatever they were called tbh I played 10 minutes of B2W2, or Team Flare? Why?

:^)

• The thing I'm probably the proudest of right now is my game, since I've put so much time and effort into it already, and I haven't even started on the maps or anything. I'm especially happy with how the music is turning out, as that's the biggest challenge for me overall. It's mainly because the music heavily influences the atmosphere of a game and therefore I consider it to be very important that it sounds right for each place, and I really try my hardest to get the right feeling for each song down, just that I'm still not all that certain if it comes across the way I want it to, but... Hearing from people that they can actually imagine things with it is a super good sign, so I'm really proud of that I've been able to pull it off so far!

• man, my second oldest digital drawing is from 2010, is in my storage on deviantart and it looks like this:

5517a839cea84ec998492c7ed1bb04f6.png

now if you compare it to the stuff i've posted in my commission/showcase thread, then i can honestly tell you that yes, I'm actually pretty proud of how far I've come! c:

• well i picked up a pencil at the age of 3 and never really stopped drawing so i figured i may as well just continue with it and make a living out of it as i enjoy doing it the most :]

• Ampharos! When I was playing through earlier versions of Rejuvenation (mostly during testing), Mareep was still available after the first gym, and it helped me IMMENSELY throughout the game so it kinda became my favourite mon because of it, as I consider Rejuv to be pretty difficult, and it's also the first difficult pokemon game I played. floof is a real trooper, my dude

• Electric and Fire are tied for favourites. Electric because of amphy of course, and fire because that's been an all-time favourite in general because they're such powerful attackers. Darmanitan used to be my favourite mon before Ampharos c:

• Team galactic. I honestly loved how they were always a step ahead of the player during the entire game, and you were only able to stop them right after they set their main plan in motion (with dialga, palkia or giratina), so there was this kind of feeling like... "Damn, I was too slow, AGAIN" and then it's super satisfying to finally put a stop to them, y'feel? Also Cyrus has the best theme imo tbh js

also flare sucks and the only redeemable thing about team flare is lysandre's battle theme bye

What advice would you give to someone who is learning how to make a game?

Think out a basic concept first, then start fleshing it out. Add characters, start worldbuilding, do whatever you please, but make sure the basic concept is solid and leaves you without any doubts about it. Also, don't worry about taking clichés as a basis, as you can take those and twist them around into something new and original too! Don't be afraid to experiment.

Also, make sure that everything fits well together. If something feels out of place (i.e. the music for the game), the game may feel like it's not coming together as a whole so be careful with that.

• Veterans

I normally ask silly questions in AMAs, but since you prefer serious ones

Have you ever had an experience that might be considered paranormal?

Do you like pretzels?

• I actually did have an experience once. It's... Kinda weird honestly. I was in the north part of the Netherlands for a few days during summer holidays once, it was in the middle of the day, and we were on our way home when I swear I could see someone crossing the road. My dad was about to hit the person and I was about to scream to stop the car, but I blinked like twice and he was gone??? Like I looked around from the windows and I could see literally no one walking around where I SWEAR I thought I saw someone walking?? There were no poles or trees around either so that was honestly really fucking weird and I honestly still think about it sometimes because shit dude

honestly it's the most paranormal thing i can think of atm that i experienced

Oh and also that I've had dejavu's and dreams of things that happened at a later point in life too, but that's probably not all that special as dejavu is a more common thing under people and i can't really call it paranormal because of it i think

• also yes i like pretzels they're good

• Veterans

Speaking of pretzels, what's your favorite food item?

oh man oh man i love curry madras

i could eat that every day and not get sick of it it's so good

• Veterans

Favorite drink?

What's the scariest thing you've ever experienced?

Does a meme a day keep the Bibs away?

Least favorite type?

Why does Alice S U C C?

• Chocolate cappuccino!

• Well I almost got hit by a speeding car once at a traffic light that was green for me and red for the speeding car so that was. Scary as shit and probably would've cost me my life or at least would've caused me a to break a few (or several) bones if I got hit so there's that

He pressed his brakes on time though but jesus christ that was. so terrifying

• no i think it probably attracts him instead

• ehhhhhh.... bug

• she's a filthy memer but for other reasons than that you should probably ask her

Oh no serious AMA.

nnOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok, let's do it.

-> If you could choose an artist that has the most influence in your art style, which would it be?

-> Favorite quote?

-> Best couple?

-> What is the thing you most expect still this year? (Game, Movie, Anime, TV Show...)

• Veterans

Oh no serious AMA.

nnOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok, let's do it.

-> If you could choose an artist that has the most influence in your art style, which would it be?

-> Favorite quote?

-> Best couple?

-> What is the thing you most expect still this year? (Game, Movie, Anime, TV Show...)

• mmmmmm... Honestly I don't have an artist that seriously influences my art style? I sorta developed it myself, but I really like Yusuke Kozaki's, Kushinov Ilya's, crispy-6usiness' (tumblr), ploitato's (tumblr) and fabledtactician's (tumblr) artwork. They all have very distinctive art styles though so rip, i can't really tell you which ones have influenced me more :[

• "bye nice lady" -ikaru

• ...which kind of couple do you mean

although the first obvious choice would be me x ikaru :^)

• UHHHHHHH HAIKYUU SEASON 3. and hibike! euphonium season 2 tbh

• Developers

If you can say so without spoiling, where did the general idea for Xenogene come from?

How often do you travel abroad?

Do you play Pokemon GO often, and if so, what level are you?

Hoshido or Nohr?

• Veterans

If you can say so without spoiling, where did the general idea for Xenogene come from?

How often do you travel abroad?

Do you play Pokemon GO often, and if so, what level are you?

Hoshido or Nohr?

• if i'm absolutely 100% P E R F E C T L Y honest... it kinda randomly popped up in my head at 3 am once lmAO

of course i was inspired by jan's enthusiasm with rejuvenation, but the idea itself for the story of the game just randomly popped up so there's that

• Not that often anymore, these years. The last time I went abroad was in my exam year of secondary school, I went to Budapest with my classmates for 5 days!

• Not very actively since I'm home quite a lot, but I'm currently level 6 and part of team instinct :]

• HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE I HONESTLY LIKE BOTH A LOT

but to be fair i like hoshido better because of the characters ; v ; conquest also has good characters, just... not as many as hoshido has aaaa

• if i'm absolutely 100% P E R F E C T L Y honest... it kinda randomly popped up in my head at 3 am once lmAO

of course i was inspired by jan's enthusiasm with rejuvenation, but the idea itself for the story of the game just randomly popped up so there's that

• Not that often anymore, these years. The last time I went abroad was in my exam year of secondary school, I went to Budapest with my classmates for 5 days!

• Not very actively since I'm home quite a lot, but I'm currently level 6 and part of team instinct :]

• HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE I HONESTLY LIKE BOTH A LOT

but to be fair i like hoshido better because of the characters ; v ; conquest also has good characters, just... not as many as hoshido has aaaa

Hey Zumi! :D That's amazing that your idea for Xenogene randomly popped in your head! :D I'm the same way too! :D I always get ideas that randomly pop in my head! :D So, you go girl 'cause I'm just like you when it comes to that! :D *Cool Girl high fives Zumi*

• Veterans

uh oh.

Do you have any unconscious habits? Something you do without even thinking about it?

i always chew on something?? usually i have like...a spoon or something in my mouth, or my ds stylus, or a pen, sometimes im not even aware of that i still have it my mouth when i go downstairs and then my mom's like ????? when she sees it lmao

also i tend to talk to myself. oops

• Veterans

How did your interest in Pokemon start, and how did you meet the memeing bibarel know as Bibs?

i got my first pokemon game with a gameboy color and pokemon blue when i was four years old! i never really stopped playing afterwards, so i've always had a love for the series c:

also i met bibs in main and first we were like??? rivals i guess?? and then we started memeing on each other and then we started actually talking more and then we became friends and it's pretty neat

bibs still sucks tho