Life Update

Shamitako

So hey, if anyone's been watching me, it's likely apparent that my life has gone more than a little crazy recently, and I'm at the point where I wish to talk about it

Long story short, the animosity between mother escalated to the point that I was told to leave, so I left. After a bit of turmoil, I ended up staying with my aunt and uncle, and that's where I am now. Essentially, I'm no longer capable of living under the same roof as my mother

I'm still able to do my volunteering. And should hopefully get to see my sisters at least occasionally. Hopefully I can work out a more permanent solution that also allows me to finish my education, but it's not likely that I'll be able to go to college unless I reconcile with the people who would pay for my tuition, so that kinda sucks

In case you hadn't pieced it together, my goal for life had been to finish high school, study in college for six years (four years to get an English degree and another two studying some form of library sciences). I'm going to volunteer at my local library through the winter and aim for a paid internship next summer. What happens after that depends on whether I manage to finish school this year or not, but hopefully I'd be able to get a more permanent paid position when I hit college, either through some form of work study or a straight up part-time job

So yeah, that's why I've been all sad and stuff the past couple of days

With Hope,

Lexi

I wish you well Lexi. I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch right now, and if you need someone to vent to at all you can send me a message if you want. I hope you find some common ground with your mother to get you through college and hope a scholarship or internship comes out of the volunteering. Be strong friend.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened. I'm shocked to hear that you can't live with your mother. I'm in somewhat a same situation. I don't get along with my dad and almost everyday, I fear that the arguments between my dad and I will cause me to get kicked out of the house. So, I understand what you're going through. If I may, what's going on with your mom? If you're not comfortable answering, then that's fine.

I really hope things get better for you. If you want to talk, definitely send a PM 'cause I absolutely understand what you're going through 'cause I'm there.

If you need someone to talk to, I usually check here a few times a day. Best of luck and shine on, Don't let familial disputes get you down, it happens to everyone, sometimes on worse levels. Trust me, I know.

Damn... I really hope things get better for you in the near future. An argument like that doesn't accomplish anything for anybody. If you ever want to talk, I'm here. Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck in getting things resolved.

Sincerest apologies I convey to you for what bitter things have befallen you as of the current state of your life, but as many else have stated in this thread already, you have many a listening ear and place to talk to should you require them to cushion and share your woes with. Parental conflict is actually rather commonplace and I've been in things much more severe with my parents personally, so I can relate to how frustrating it is in the long run. We should probably converse more about it some time, of course with full respect to how comfortable you are in divulging it.

Natheless a clear goal you seem to have in mind and having that goal as motivation and meaning is life shows you're still having a good portion of happy in you. It's a great thing to dream big, and I trust and hope everything will go well and end in a bed of roses in the long run.

Since you are purposely vague... What are the topics and areas that you disagree about with your parent that forced you to leave?

What makes your aunt and uncle different?

TBH, it's mostly that my aunt and uncle don't know me as well

There's my excessive PC usage (I literally spend all of my free time watching youtube, writing, playing games, socializing, or reading--and I do most of the latter two on my PC as well)

My gender issues (I finally trusted my mother and she straight up stabbed me with words, also pretty sure she's in denial over the whole thing)

My lack of reliability (I can maintain myself just fine, but I can't be relied on to do things for others. I.E. I don't keep up well with household chores)

My mother's inability to ever be on time (it took me waking her at 10:00AM to get her out of the house before noon)

The fact that I don't have a paid job (it mtook a lot of tooth pulling to convince my mom to let me volunteer at the library instead of working at Kroger)

My lack of plan for the future (In their eyes, even though I've laid out the above plan for the both of them on many occasions)

My lack of seeing my dad like ever (he wakes up when I go to sleep and I generally get home after he goes to bed)

And my complete and total lack of respect for my mother (I lost what was left of it when she violated my trust)