What do you call a girl that's been away for a few weeks?

Rosesong

I´d call that a much longed for sight XD. Welcome back, Rose!

Aaand starting the inquiry:

What did you dream of being when you were a child? What do you think about it now?

Favorite story (movie, series, book, game, whatever the means used to tell it)?

One thing you´d like to change about yourself?

Your best advice about life in general?

For posting reasons and more curiosity feed I'm going to ask a bit more, do forgive me and tell me if I'm asking too much though

The purpose of this thread is to ask me questions, so... No need to worry!

What's a childhood memory that makes you smile whenever you think of it?

Hmm... Storytime! So, I was in second grade at the time, and my science teacher had told us that if we wanted, we could work in groups for an assignment. I hated working in groups, as when I did I would be the only one doing anything, so I was working by myself and quietly singing to keep myself focused and occupied. My teacher came to check on me and heard my singing, so she told the rest of the class to be quiet and made me sing louder. It was a couple weeks later that I found out that she had recommended me for the talent music program at the elementary school. Initially, it was a really embarrassing moment, to be put on the spot in front of peers, but because this teacher saw something in me, she was able to introduce me to what would eventually become a deep love of music.

I wouldn't be the person I am if it hadn't been for that teacher recommending that I have specialized musical training. Knowing that she was the catalyst in helping me to become so ingrained in music will always make me smile.

What makes you happiest most in life?

Family, friends, and music make me the happiest in life

If there's anything you could change about a person that you would hope to (or want to), particularly me, what would it be

I don't want to change anything about anyone. The reason being is that all of a person's quirks and traits make up who they are. Should one of those be missing, you wouldn't be the same person.

I´d call that a much longed for sight XD. Welcome back, Rose!

Thank you!

Aaand starting the inquiry:

What did you dream of being when you were a child? What do you think about it now?

I dreamed of being an archaeologist or a paleontologist. Now... I honestly wonder what I was thinking, because I have absolutely no interest in either of those whatsoever.

Favorite story (movie, series, book, game, whatever the means used to tell it)?

Yikes, this is hard. I'm just going to kind of cheat a little bit on this question, so bear with me...

Movie: Mr. Holland's Opus and Dead Poet's Society, for much of the same reason. Each portray the impact that a teacher can have on the lives of students. However, Mr. Holland's Opus shows more of the teacher's perspective, taking someone that had gotten a teaching degree as a back up plan and revealing the stresses that come with teaching. There's also a lot of focus on finding anyway to help students succeed or grow an appreciation for the subject at hand, which just so happens to be music. Dead Poet's Society, on the other hand, centers on students whom have been impacted by a teacher whom they greatly admire, and the changes that he has on their lives, which Mr. Holland's Opus touches on at the very end of the film.

Book (novel): Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is my favorite story from this medium. It's a wonderful realistic/historical fiction set in 19th century China that follows two young girls that fate has brought together. This novel exhibits how these young women endure footbinding and their marriages into families of drastically differing socioeconomic standings while finding their voices in the traditional roles set forth by the Confucian social order and ways to self fulfillment without diminishing the values that they grow up with.

Book (series): Warriors is my obvious answer here, as my username came from a Warriors name generator. Three authors come together, with two alternating writing books and the third providing editing and voice blending to make it seem as though all the books are by one person. The books are extreme fantasy and center on the lives of four groups of feral cats that live together in uneasy harmony. Despite the fantasy of the world, the authors manage to confront different issues, such as a bias in where one comes from (forest cats vs. housecats vs. lone feral cats), forbidden love (cats from different groups mating), faith and spirituality (belief in ancestors vs. disbelief vs. those with other ancestors), characters with shades of grey, and death, without seeming very heavy or overwhelming in doing such.

One thing you´d like to change about yourself?

There's so much I would change about myself... Um... I guess I'd like to change my lack of self confidence, and just be more comfortable with who I am as a person. I'd like to be able to think positive things about myself.

Your best advice about life in general?

Have fun with it. No matter what you do, make sure you're having fun. If you find partying fun, more power to you. If you find that curling up with a book is your brand of fun, go for it. If you're doing something that isn't fun or enjoyable for you, chances are that you probably shouldn't do it. Life is way too short to not enjoy every second of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I gift you (hehehe) a copy of London Calling, one awesome, enjoyable and diverse double album by The Clash. I also hold out for you another double album for the more wtf side of music. Select 8 more albums to spend your life with. No compilations and no best offs. Go :3