Building a trick room team

Phoenix4512

I currently have 4 pokemon which do all the work for me -

1) Musharna (with trick room)

2) Camerupt (eruption xD)

3) Rampardos (Head smash xD)

4) Greninja (this guy is just awesome. has dark,psychic,water and ice moves)

Since I'm really attracted to trick room, I wanted some suggestions on the 2 pokemon to complete my team. I'm planning -

1) Aromatisse / Carbink

2) Magnezone

I cannot decide between Aromatisse and Carbink. I want someone who cannot get OHKO. But Carbink's pathetic Sp.Atk plus the fact that Aromatisse learns Misty Terrain really makes me lean towards her. So what should be a good EV dist. and nature so that aromatisse can survive for one turn?

As for magnezone, he provides good type coverage, but suggestions are welcome.

Actually, I'd advise against most of your choices if you are to in all seriousness build a competitively based Trick Room team.

Establish a primary setter. Pick something relatively bulky that can abuse it and provide additional utility to the team, such as Dusknoir, Cofagrigus, Bronzong, Porygon2 and Gourgeist. These are all relatively tanky Pokemon that can abuse Trick Room and have decent offensive stats and utility to complement their already strong bulk. Aromatisse is a sound choice, but it doesn't have as much bulk or damage output that these Pokemon manage to provide in general.

Reuniclus is literally a better Musharna in the aspect that its immune to passive damage courtesy of Magic Guard which more than makes up for the former's slightly inferior bulk, as well as more reliable instantaneous recovery with Recover and stronger damage output. If this enough doesn't tickle your fancy, it also can run Regenerator which is a free 1/3rd max HP healing on switch out. Chandelure is another option for an offensive Trick Room user, but being in an awkward Speed tier means it usually can't benefit from it as well as other allies, with Gallade falling under the same boat.

As far as abusers go, Earthquake should be a mandatory choice for a team like this (with Bronzong being the optimal choice in this case or you could breed Protect or run Gourgeist) with abusers like Rhyperior being optimal since you can run them tanky while Trick Room abuses their speed. Conkeldurr, Metagross and Excavalier are other choices to abuse Trick Room with.

Hope my advice was helpful.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

^ Well, I just wanted to beat those pesky PULSE machines and gym leaders without having to soft reset every now and then :P

Still, thanks for the info. I will remember this when I make a competitive one. Just one question, given my current team which do u think is better? Magnezone or Conkeldurr? Because I already have a conkeldurr but he didn't impress me much.

Magnezone gives splash damage in fights, but you'll have to pair it with a Ground type or Protect so as to not damage yourself.

You'll have to breed moves on Conkeldurr for it be useful EG Mach Punch/Drain Punch.