Reborn League Champion?

Tomy

I doubt that a new character would be introduced so late into the game despite being so important as to hold the championship position, so the champ would most likely be a character we've already encountered. I entertained the thought that it might be either Fern or Lin, but Fern is a bit cliche, as people have pointed out, and we don't know enough about Lin yet to say anything one way or the other.

The only lead I'd have to go on is that I don't think Ame would make the Champion a monotype trainer, which eliminates about 90 percent of the characters we've met so far unless they get some team updates. That actually makes me consider Fern more than the others (even Lin, who is shown through archives scattered around the site that she's a Dragon-type trainer), because he's moving away from pure Grass-types and is tough enough to put up a good fight. That's not to say that I WANT him to be champ, for reasons already stated above, but unfortunately it seems the most likely at this point.

That is, unless one of the Meteor admins decide to take up the mantle, which brings me back to the idea that it's Lin (but again, I don't think the Champion would be a monotype trainer, even a particularly powerful one). I mean, I don't know what the Reborn League's policy is on who can become champ, but if all it takes is to beat the E4 and defeat the previous champ, who's to say it wouldn't be Lin who treats it as another step in her quest for powerorwhateveritisshewants.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that a new character would be introduced so late into the game despite being so important as to hold the championship position, so the champ would most likely be a character we've already encountered. I entertained the thought that it might be either Fern or Lin, but Fern is a bit cliche, as people have pointed out, and we don't know enough about Lin yet to say anything one way or the other.

The only lead I'd have to go on is that I don't think Ame would make the Champion a monotype trainer, which eliminates about 90 percent of the characters we've met so far unless they get some team updates. That actually makes me consider Fern more than the others (even Lin, who is shown through archives scattered around the site that she's a Dragon-type trainer), because he's moving away from pure Grass-types and is tough enough to put up a good fight. That's not to say that I WANT him to be champ, for reasons already stated above, but unfortunately it seems the most likely at this point.

That is, unless one of the Meteor admins decide to take up the mantle, which brings me back to the idea that it's Lin (but again, I don't think the Champion would be a monotype trainer, even a particularly powerful one). I mean, I don't know what the Reborn League's policy is on who can become champ, but if all it takes is to beat the E4 and defeat the previous champ, who's to say it wouldn't be Lin who treats it as another step in her quest for powerorwhateveritisshewants.

Fern might be moving away from pure grass, but he's still leaving a massive gap in his defences seeing how at least 2/3 of his team is weak to Ice (Haxorus, Krookodile, Roserade and Serperior. I don't remember what his 6'th Pokemon is, as his Ludicolo only takes normal damage to Ice). I'd imagine he'd either need to do more team re-shuffling to at least diversify his weaknesses and not leave himself to be sweeped by Hail + Blizzard, or he's not going to get to the E4. At least I hope not.

As for one of the Meteor Admins to become a member of the E4/Champion?...could Aster maybe manage that, a one-man crusade to become the champion and try to change the world in his own way in his and Eclipse's name? Heh, that would be interesting to see. And we haven't seen Simon in a while. Could he have been killed in the Water Treatment Plant? Or just kind of forgotten?

Fern might be moving away from pure grass, but he's still leaving a massive gap in his defences seeing how at least 2/3 of his team is weak to Ice (Haxorus, Krookodile, Roserade and Serperior. I don't remember what his 6'th Pokemon is, as his Ludicolo only takes normal damage to Ice). I'd imagine he'd either need to do more team re-shuffling to at least diversify his weaknesses and not leave himself to be sweeped by Hail + Blizzard, or he's not going to get to the E4. At least I hope not.

As for one of the Meteor Admins to become a member of the E4/Champion?...could Aster maybe manage that, a one-man crusade to become the champion and try to change the world in his own way in his and Eclipse's name? Heh, that would be interesting to see. And we haven't seen Simon in a while. Could he have been killed in the Water Treatment Plant? Or just kind of forgotten?

True, Fern wouldn't be champ NOW with such a glaring weakness, but he's still demonstrated the most prominent team rotations of any character we've seen so far. I imagine not even the team he currently has is set in stone, so with more tweaking, he might at least be able to take on the Elite 4. Maybe.

I'm not sure about Aster since he's kind of a side character in comparison to other Meteor admins. But if we're looking at the admins, maybe Taka? He usually puts up a tough fight, and he doesn't necessarily agree with some of Meteor's methods so would maybe try to get power some other way. I also considered either Solars or Sirius, but they seem too busy with Team Meteor to challenge the league, and Lin would probably tear them down before they even thought about obtaining such a position. Though, I guess the same could be said for Taka.

• Global Mods

I don't remember what his 6'th Pokemon is, as his Ludicolo only takes normal damage to Ice).

Didn't he stop having Ludicolo on his team after the battle at the Grand Hall? I don't remember seeing it after that.

He also has Rhyperior and Ferrothorn, btw.

Didn't he stop having Ludicolo on his team after the battle at the Grand Hall? I don't remember seeing it after that.

He also has Rhyperior and Ferrothorn, btw.

Ah, I simply forgot his team composition (Didn't pay much attention during the double battle in Fiore Mansion). Still, that doesn't change the fact that all but 1 of his Pokemon are weak to Ice which is just WAY too big of a gaping hole in his defenses for someone challenging the League to have.

• Global Mods

..? I though it was Solaris who had a Scizor?

They both do. Fern has a Scyther at the Wasteland and Route 1, and it's evolved into Scizor by the Fiore Mansion battle.

EDIT: I just looked up his team as of the Fiore Mansion battle in an LP and it seems like he doesn't have Ferrothorn anymore. So I guess Rhyperior replaces Ferrothorn, not Krookodile.

Taka being the league champion seems the most likely to me.

1. He's not fern/a cliche champion.

2. He's one of the last characters you would think of but has a significant enough story/background to have the possibility..

3. His father might make him challenge the league to get stronger/prove himself depending on the choice you made at the end of Ep.15

4. I really want the champion to be someone I can stand.

My money is on Anna :D little bit odd with her being champ... like 12 years old? maybe less, girl that have brain issue seeing people with invisible scars or with hole in their chest (Charlotte,Saphira) its like people that see Ghosts... but this is worse :D

Anna is another consideration, but I still don't think that Ame would make the champion a monotype trainer (she's supposed to be Psychic, I believe). Sure, she could put up a huge fight, but it would still probably just be a gym leader fight on steroids. Which... actually sounds pretty damn terrifying, but I suspect Ame would have other plans for who the champ would be -- unless the champ isn't the final boss, which in that case, maybe it could be Anna.

Mhhh... I have an idea about Lin though. More specificially about Lin and Terra. Browsing through the forums I read about an idea of Lin being a little girl who got trapped in the citadel, where her soul got split apart by baby arceus. The poster tied her to the girl, whose voice the players hears while leaving the citadel. In a book that lies around in the glitch world, it says something similiar, " we have to build a new world to make baby arceus happy" or something along those lines. So if the Lin being the girl in the citadel assumption turns out to be true, there would be a connection between Lin and Terra, because both have a connection to baby arceus and the citadel. What do you think about the idea of the little girls character being split apart into a cold hearted bitch and a freaky bitch part. That would also explain why Terra kept getting promotions after LIn took charge. (thats what Cal tells us) . I would think that to be quite the amazing revelation.

We know she have Gothorite.. :D thats pretty all and with her Psychic powers to see peoples "mental problems visible on their physical body???" or somethink like that maybe she is E4 PSychic type

And that baby Arceus i think she says baby like hot girl... i think

Edited by Login

Are we even sure there is a champion at this moment? I mean it could be like in gen 1 where there was no champion for the majority of the game. Lance was actually the final boss until your rival beat him.

Geography Club in North Obsidia - "[Ametrine Mountain] is even taller than Charios mountain, where the champion awaits..."

• Developers

Geography Club in North Obsidia - "[Ametrine Mountain] is even taller than Charios mountain, where the champion awaits..."

That kind of rules out Anna - she is not exactly waiting at the Charous mountain.

-----------------------------------

By the way I found this old thead while trying to confirm the spelling of Charous mountain. It has some interesting informations although some are out of date.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=2078

What I got from there: (italic is my comment on it)

- Lin was the champion at one point but "fell from grace" later. - Possibly she is the champion during the story and will fall from the position later.

- Entrance to Victory road requires 16 badges. - The thread is older than Gen IV so possibly 17 now. It still means that the Victory road should be accessible before getting the final badge.

Now some confusions about gym locations:

- Hardy is suggested as Calcenon gym leader. - Now this is why we cannot take the thread as up-to-date, we know that Calcenon leader is in fact Charlotte. And previously it was her mother.

- Elias was once a normal type Gym leader, his gym located in Agate. - Wait I thought that Gym belonged to Hardy?

- Terra once controlled the now-abandoned gym in Labradorra. - Again from the game I got the impression that Labradorra's gym leader is Saphira.

- Heather apparently was a gym leader at some point with her battle held at Ametrine peak along with Blake's. - Isn't she too young to have been a gym leader before much older Saphira?

- Amaria used to conduct gym battles at Celestinine cascade.

- It seems to suggest that Julia, Flobot and Shelly have all abandoned their gym positions as Gym leaders since the protagonist beat them.

- Dr. Connal was a gym leader as well conducting battles in his orphanage. - Or maybe he replaced Julia while the protagonist was away.

• Global Mods

That kind of rules out Anna - she is not exactly waiting at the Charous mountain.

-----------------------------------

By the way I found this old thead while trying to confirm the spelling of Charous mountain. It has some interesting informations although some are out of date.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/?showtopic=2078

What I got from there: (italic is my comment on it)

- Lin was the champion at one point but "fell from grace" later. - Possibly she is the champion during the story and will fall from the position later.

- Entrance to Victory road requires 16 badges. - The thread is older than Gen IV so possibly 17 now. It still means that the Victory road should be accessible before getting the final badge.

Now some confusions about gym locations:

- Hardy is suggested as Calcenon gym leader. - Now this is why we cannot take the thread as up-to-date, we know that Calcenon leader is in fact Charlotte. And previously it was her mother.

- Elias was once a normal type Gym leader, his gym located in Agate. - Wait I thought that Gym belonged to Hardy?

- Terra once controlled the now-abandoned gym in Labradorra. - Again from the game I got the impression that Labradorra's gym leader is Saphira.

- Heather apparently was a gym leader at some point with her battle held at Ametrine peak along with Blake's. - Isn't she too young to have been a gym leader before much older Saphira?

- Amaria used to conduct gym battles at Celestinine cascade.

- It seems to suggest that Julia, Flobot and Shelly have all abandoned their gym positions as Gym leaders since the protagonist beat them.

- Dr. Connal was a gym leader as well conducting battles in his orphanage. - Or maybe he replaced Julia while the protagonist was away.

This thread has been posted before and Ame said not to take it seriously because it was made before she even planned to make a game of Reborn.

• 2 months later...

Well..I'd love to see Anna as the champion but..it would be weird for us to have someone like that next to us and try to protect them all the time..I mean that the champion should be much stronger than the main character..so.why did we do all the fighting part? :P (it may be silly of me to say this but idk.)

I don't know who the champion is, but I wish it is someone we don't expect to see as the champion.