I defeated Solaris' Level 75 Garchomp!

TrollzFace

Garchomp Beatdown  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are you aiming to defeat or already defeated the Level 75 Garchomp? If yes, post your method in the replies.

• Global Mods

I never beat garchomp because I've only done one run, and I didn't know it changed the story if you won so I just lost to it and continued because I wanted to just continue with the story at that point instead of going and finding something to beat it (also I hadn't saved in a while). however, I can proudly say that I've beating all the other bosses without any cheezy methods or AI exploits.

I'll always take a topic that lets me show this again because this is the thing I've done in this game that I'm most proud of tbh

That was vert intelligent! I have never seen or thought about a method involving terrain alteration. Plus the Sand-Attack setup with two Prankster Purrloin was clever too.

My strategy was pretty much:

Lead with Growlithe, get an Intimidate

Switch to Mightyena, get an Intimidate

(Garchomp KOs Mightyena)

Send out Growlithe again, get an Intimidate

Switch to something else, Garchomp (probably) KOs it

Send out Growlithe again, get an Intimidate

(Garchomp KOs Growlithe)

Send out Cofagrigus, survive a -4 attack, use Will-O-Wisp

Survive another -4 attack, use Curse (Cofagrigus probably goes down here)

Send out something with decent Defense

Tank hits until Garchomp goes down to burn + Curse

iirc, if you grab a fresh, +def nature yamask from shade's gym (or catch one for later), then take it to the mountain, the wild macargo there give tons of xp and defensive evs, and aren't very threatening. I once heard of someone straight-up tanking the first hit from garchomp (as long as its SE or fire fang) with intimidate spam you might weaken it enough to legitimately fight it with burn+curse stall

I used a dusknoir with focus sash and curse. I always do the curse + focus sash during single pokemon boss fights. Then a Crobat for Fly (instant 2 turns for curse damage). Then pack some cotton candies/ revives and ultra potion for stalling.

65890.png

Edited by reynald29

I just repeatedly swap in intimidate pokemon until his attack is as low as possible, then I use something with curse until even stab attacks are doing like 30 hp. On my first playthrough I thought you had to beat it and just soft reset every time I lost before the fight even ended. Luckily I had a Torterra, so the curse set up was easy. EQs hit for like half health.

Ah, well. I'm not exactly a big fan of embedding videos in forums, but since you asked for it..

It's lame, really. Got the Focus Sash from beneath the staircase and caught a Yamask at Shade's Gym. All in all, it took me about fifteen minutes. I was still pretty hyped, since it was my first time defeating the thing and didn't spoil myself beforehand. Curse did the trick, along with Swagger for giant damage.

I'm a pretty big fan of how Inuki did it, though. Please don't make any remarks about the T-Wave fail. <.<

Edited by Lagspike