If you lived in the Pokemon universe, what would your team be?

PrimeMehster

So, I've had this thought for awhile now. Going back and watching a couple of the Kalos League battles, and some of the other canon league battles, it always struck me how unique some trainers teams were, sometimes running a few high end competitive Pokemon that would be considered OU, but also quite a few random Pokemon that would be kinda like signature Pokemon that the trainer simply matched in terms of personality, or other non battle related reasons.

I know that a lot of people like to present their best competitive teams for simulators like Showdown, but I've never really seen a Pokemon team that just seems to be made for the sake of just having fun, or trying to appeal to whoever the trainer is in terms of personality. Basically, I'm curious to exactly what six Pokemon you would take into a league match, assuming stupidly flawed type matchup breaking OP Greninja based god anime battle logic. I get that for some, running their Showdown teams would be just fine because of how competitive they are. But me personally, I find that the teams I make on such simulators do not really fit the type of Pokemon and playstyles that I really want to use, instead just trying to play a different game to try and adapt to and counter the meta. In a way, this could be considered a list of your six favorite Pokemon you would take out just for the sake of a battle and presenting yourself, without having to worry about a strictly defined numerical game being what decides your six man roster.

For example, my realistic and more personified team would consist of:

heliolisk.pngferaligatr.gifaggron.gifsceptile.gifbraviary.giflucario.gif

So what would you guys run in a more crazy, fun world instead of the meta?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtesy of DashingStorm, that nerd.

Oh wow! I've never actually seen these before, they're great!

My team would look like this:

heracross.gifmawile-mega.giftyranitar.giftyphlosion.giflilligant.gifdragalge.gif

Ringo (Heracross) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
Bindi (Mawile-Mega) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch
King (Tyranitar) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
Vesuvius (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Nature Power
- Focus Blast
Maribelle (Lilligant) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Petal Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Dream Eater
Wither (Dragalge) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

since i would be dealing with living beings close to my intelligence and emotional structure instead of pixels with stats, with which i would mostly spend a large portion of my life, i would just stick with whatever 'mons had good chemistry with my personality and the rest of the team's personalities, regardless of species (language barriers be damned. i guess i would at least look for a psychic type to help with communicating). because an internally happy team, can work better, and find ways to cover its disadvantages.

@ICSW and when all else fails, unleash the Luvdisc in your sleeve

Edited by DemICE

You'll find me seated in a Dialga-shaped chair, mounted on a Metagross, which, along with a Magnezone behind the chair's back, is levitating me and my seat off the ground as I enjoy coffee and Meteor Mash through ice types.

Team? My dear chap, if it's not a steel type, what even is the point of it existing, if not for target practice?

Heatran, burn the infidels. Good.

I would play my first team in Pokemon Emerald. Absol, Salamence, Altaria, Milotic, Heracross and Kyogre. If Kyogre isn't legal, then just change it for Chomp, my favorite pokemon in fourth gen.

absol-mega.gifdewgong.gifdelphox.gifsuicune.gifsigilyph.gifavalugg-2.gif

Something close to this.

Realistically prob would not get a Suicune to join me. Avalugg, ever since Insurgence with delta Avalugg, it really grew on me. I found Delphox to be very reliable. Absol because he's my favorite. Dewgong is my second Favorite. And... hello Sigilyph.

However though I know Dewgong and Absol are my favorite ones, I could not tell you my next ones as I love so many of the designs .

in a League-Match?

any combination of Eeveelutions

you know like that one guy that won the Unova(?)-League...

as of normal traveling:

Eevees that eventually evolve into Eeveelutions of their own liking

or you know what - screw traveling... just dumb me in field full of Eevees and I'll be drowning in happiness and would no longer have the need to challange the league

ALL THE FLUFFY CUDDLES!! :D

in a League-Match?

any combination of Eeveelutions

you know like that one guy that won the Unova(?)-League...

as of normal traveling:

Eevees that eventually evolve into Eeveelutions of their own liking

or you know what - screw traveling... just dumb me in field full of Eevees and I'll be drowning in happiness and would no longer have the need to challange the league

ALL THE FLUFFY CUDDLES!! :D

Pretty much this for me.

Alternatively, just a team of Pokemon that I could truly befiend outside of capturing, so that they would want to travel with me instead of me capturing them mid-battle.

Alakazam 85lvl

Machamp 85lvl

Golem 85lvl

And I would rent a room in the first town, just to spite any character that think they can enter people's rooms in RPG games and live to tell the tale.

Also have a masterball behind me.

This is pretty easy for me:

espeon.gifsalamence.gifsigilyph.gifmilotic.giffroslass.gifrhyperior.gif

Shira Chibi The woman, the myth Aria Yuki Donny

would mega GateKeeper!

They'd all have their own roles too:

Espeon would be to me what Pikachu is to Ash before Greninja, the strong yet agile pokemon that gets her shit done. But also does the contests togheter with Milotic

Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam

Salamence would be my powerhouse, strong, fast and my go to pokemon when things would get tough and if it would be absolutely necessary he would mega

Moves: Stone Edge, Dragon Rush, Double-Edge, Flamethrower

GateKeeper would be my special heavy hitter, she'd try and stay away from the opponent while dealing massive damage to them from a distance

Moves: Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Reflect, Psychic

Milotic would be my contest pokemon, but in the league she'd be one of my walls using her contest experience to still make a show out of everything anyway

Moves: Aqua Ring, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Rain Dance

Froslass would be my quick pokemon using her speed to deal the damage and make a distance

Moves: Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Thunder, Psychic

Rhyperior would be my heavy hitting tank being nearly unkillable with the bulk and a menace on the battlefield

Moves: Hammer Arm, Rock Wrecker, Mega Horn, Drill Run

Suicune: Being entirely realistic, prolly not happening, but it's there.

Leafeon: The cute mon of the team

Zoroark: Everyone has their signature mon.

Froslass: Contests ftw. Considering I've already gotten every ribbon on this thing in-game, and all....

Flareon: Every team needs a fire-type.

Zebstrika: Signature Electric mon.