Reborn the Game!!!

Patrick

Starters..?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter set would you prefer?

• Kanto
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Shinoh
    • Unova

OK, so I have contemplated this for a while now, but now with a solid map of reborn, I am making a hack of LeafGreen! The only problem is i only know how to make maps...which is why I am creating this post to begin with. I need help in a few areas such as:

A ) Someone good with sprites

B ) Good teams designers

C ) A main story / plot line

These are only a few things i need to get this game up and running, also for beta testers i will determine this at a later time, and anyone is free to contribute in any way possible. Even small ideas can be posted here and i would appreciate it a lot. (I may be good with maps but anyone who is can help to btw) :rolleyes:

Edited by Patrick

• Administrators

Will you be able to port Gen IV/V content over?

Consider the plotline covered. I drew the map with a travelling order in mind in case anyone did decide to romhack it- I can detail that easily. Plus I know the whole story behind all the leaders and such, so I could easily draft something fluent.

As far as the starters go. Maybe the top three voted regions, and choose a particular starter from each. Ex: Charmander, Treecko, and Totodile. Might be interesting to see.

Or, have 3 starters? One of each type for starting with a balanced team?

And Ame has the main plot-line down. What about side plots/quests? Ame, have you fit any of the regulars in as NPCs somewhere gym trainers, path encounters, etc?

Will you be able to port Gen IV/V content over?

Consider the plotline covered. I drew the map with a travelling order in mind in case anyone did decide to romhack it- I can detail that easily. Plus I know the whole story behind all the leaders and such, so I could easily draft something fluent.

Perfect I'm glad the main plot is covered, and with gen IV/V compatibility I have 2 ideas, either one I have a friend help me from school (or on reborn if anyone knows how to) or i can build it with a RPG maker, like Pokemon Raptor is anyone has played that game.

Someone good with sprites you say??

I need that very badly Neo, if your willing to help I would really appreciate it

As far as the starters go. Maybe the top three voted regions, and choose a particular starter from each. Ex: Charmander, Treecko, and Totodile. Might be interesting to see.
Or, have 3 starters? One of each type for starting with a balanced team?

And Ame has the main plot-line down. What about side plots/quests? Ame, have you fit any of the regulars in as NPCs somewhere gym trainers, path encounters, etc?

As for yours ideas Xiphera and Maelstrom, If ido this with an RPG maker, I have an idea to make all starters avalible

• Administrators

Perfect I'm glad the main plot is covered, and with gen IV/V compatibility I have 2 ideas, either one I have a friend help me from school (or on reborn if anyone knows how to) or i can build it with a RPG maker, like Pokemon Raptor is anyone has played that game.

I had never heard of this before, but a quick google search shows amazingness. I worked with RPG Maker for 6-7 years before I started Reborn, and I know their event coding and graphics standards like the back of my hand. If Raptor's creators didn't box the file, then it should be pretty easy to pull the Ruby source out of Raptor itself. If we can do that, I'll be all over this.

However, the problem with that is that then I'll want to do the mapping, too. XD I get really, really nitpicky about doing everything custom and prettiful in RM. Case and point- the last project I was working on, before my computer died:

introvxx.png

I had never heard of this before, but a quick google search shows amazingness. I worked with RPG Maker for 6-7 years before I started Reborn, and I know their event coding and graphics standards like the back of my hand. If Raptor's creators didn't box the file, then it should be pretty easy to pull the Ruby source out of Raptor itself. If we can do that, I'll be all over this.

However, the problem with that is that then I'll want to do the mapping, too. XD I get really, really nitpicky about doing everything custom and prettiful in RM. Case and point- the last project I was working on, before my computer died:

Its your map so I understand this haha =) I have no problem with this we can work together if that's what you would like to do, also I'm good with mixing music and such so i can create remixes of certain songs or even brand new ones if needed (I personal wanna insert some anamanaguchi but that's just me) so if need be i can work in other areas too, the only area I'm not good in is spriting characters.

• Administrators

So Raptor is just using this RMXP kit called Pokemon Essentials. I've got it, looking through it on how to edit everything... This actually could be pretty simple, and I thiiiink it has Gen V content already-

Edit: Guns have been jumped. It has Gen V moves/TMs, but many unique move effects of Gens IV/V don't work. Gen V Pokemon and items have yet to be implemented. However, the project IS still being actively worked on... So hopefully that'll be corrected soon

How long is it expected to take before the Gen V content will be completed?

Also, gotta start thinking up little easter eggs and references to hide in the game. Like random graffiti in an alley that says "% was hit by a flying ice cream truck" or bathroom stall grafiti that says "you shouldn't have done that"

I can work on the gym puzzles and mazes if needed, and it what Ame says is true:

Edit: Guns have been jumped. It has Gen V moves/TMs, but many unique move effects of Gens IV/V don't work. Gen V Pokemon and items have yet to be implemented. However, the project IS still being actively worked on... So hopefully that'll be corrected soon

Then it might take a while before we can get this game running completely, although I'm sure this should be corrected soon, plus im sure we could have betas in the meantime

• Administrators

My hesitation with that is that any progress we make in XP may be lost when we upgrade between versions of the kit. So we may have to wait until that's all finalised before we really start putting anything in.

^ in retrospect, map files could probably be pretty easily copied out as long as we were careful.

...although map tree data is a different story. bleh.

There was no projected date for the Gen V content, but I could probably ask the guy. He seems pretty good at keeping up with thread responses.

Edit again: Jaykay someone else created an add-on for the pack with Gen V Pokemon AND Animated sprites and all moves/abilities/items, however the Gen V-specific effects still don't work for those.

My hesitation with that is that any progress we make in XP may be lost when we upgrade between versions of the kit. So we may have to wait until that's all finalised before we really start putting anything in.

^ in retrospect, map files could probably be pretty easily copied out as long as we were careful.

...although map tree data is a different story. bleh.

There was no projected date for the Gen V content, but I could probably ask the guy. He seems pretty good at keeping up with thread responses.

Edit again: Jaykay someone else created an add-on for the pack with Gen V Pokemon AND Animated sprites and all moves/abilities/items, however the Gen V-specific effects still don't work for those.

You mean for example an ability like STURDY doesn't have its gen 5 effect of preventing a 1-hit KO?

• Administrators

That, and that new 5th gen abilities, for instance, Sand Rush, probably don't have any effect. As well as things like Eviolite, Wonder Room, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, if this topic is still running, then, I have a great idea.

There has been something like this on the internet for a LONG time.

The Pokemon fan base on deviant art has actually made something like this.

This is known as, Fakemon. A topic within deviant art were artist make there own Pokemon. I'm not part in this community so i can't give any suggestions. But i do know its there.

Also the Elite 4, Lets be honest, Its not gonna be the elite 4 Its gonna be the League? right? Well that's what i think it should. So ya. You don't have to go with this, but its a idea. I know that would be REALLY hard to program in to leafgreen, but, whatever.

1 last thing. Remember that amazing battle frontier? Remember the fight with red? Innovation: COMBINE THE 2!!! what i mean is you should make the boss of each battle frontier the hero from a different Pokemon game.

36aqd5.jpg

I do realize this would be almost impossible to make. But ya know, after hacking Mario world, i know, in the land of computers, ANYTHING, can be done, with a little old fashion programming team and sprite teams.

Good luck to you and your game. Have fun. \\('w') ~wave~ "Work man, when you have a idea, all you need is a engine."