New Player Here! This is my team

strongarm85

My current team is in my signature. I just finished beating Kiki.

I also have a level 38 Kricketune on the bench right now, and a Shiftry at level 30.

The Nice thing about this run is it's given me a chance to play with a lot of Pokemon I hadn't played with before. Greninja and Arcanine being the only exceptions on my main team. That said my competative Greninja is special attack base, and this Greninja is more a physical sweeper, so even this style of Greninja is little different.

For the first two Gyms, I basically just did a fury cutter sweep with Kricketune. I actually had to give him a common Candy to level him down to 23 to fight grass Gym to keep him from overleveling during the fight and still swept the fights. So Kricketune was Allstar for the much of the early game, but I'm at the point now where he falls behind. Its not that his damage still isn't good, its just that he lacks to speed and bulk to have much of an impact at this stage of the game so.

My Greninja, Koga, has being physical is quite a powerhouse at this point. He had lick still until recently, but with Protean and his high attack score it still proved useful up till Kiki. He outspeeds almost anything and his attack power's high enough to 1 or 2 shot most threat. Ideally speaking you never switch in to him, or lead with him, you use him to cleanup whats left of a huge threat and switch back to something else.

Gourgeist is becoming one of my best pokemon. It played a big part in beating the ghost gym, and it was able to sweep Kiki's whole team. Nature Power is Mediate which raised attack 3 stages on Kiki's stage. So Gorgeist was bulky enough to take 2 Super effective hits from Kiki's Machamp at the start of the battle, and then he just swept Kiki's whole team with Shadow Sneak OHKO'd all of them.

Meowstic is the male version with the Prankster ability. Its a great set-up pokemon and I usually keep it in the number 2 spot in case a double battle pops up. He gets a lot of work done.

Nidoqueen is Corey's Nidorina, I decided I'd bring along of Corey's pokemon along, and I was going to need a decent Ground Type. Kind of a work in progress but she's been useful so far.

Noibat, I'm wanting holding out for Noibat to evolve and get pretty useable. This pokemon is really under leveled for this part in the game though, so it's hard for him to keep up.

Arcanine is a great pokemon. I'm running mine as more of a mixes sweeper. As a Growlithe she was instrumental in beating Shelly, where he did most of the heavy lifting, and turned the field against her.

Did you complete the mystery egg quest? It yields some pretty amazing Pokémon like Axew, Maril, Drillbur etc. So do that one, and use whatever you get from it.

Honestly, at this point I'd replace Noibat, and then return to using it once you've gotten your 5th Gym Badge. It simply won't be any useful until it evolves. To fill the Special Attacking niche that Noibat has you could replace it with a Mareep or a Magnemite which are both good Pokémon.

You could also consider adding Murkrow to you team since it will be available soon in Aqua Gang hideout at night.

But otherwise your team looks solid. Personally I replaced my Arcanine for an Ampharos during my own playthrough, and you may want to consider replacing Meowstic with something like Gardevoir at a later point. But for this point in the game your team is quite good.

Yeah Noibat is absolutely horrendous and can be a huge liability to your team.

Swap it with something else for now and wait till you reach the level 50 cap and then it can evolve to Noivern and that can serve as a pretty decent flying/dragon type.

Yeah Noibat is absolutely horrendous and can be a huge liability to your team.

Swap it with something else for now and wait till you reach the level 50 cap and then it can evolve to Noivern and that can serve as a pretty decent flying/dragon type.

Noibat in my first play through was absolutely useless until it evolved. I highly recommend ditching it for now because it's only purpose will be to use a revive (if you have any) on another pokemon. It usually just gets OHKO'd until it evolves. Other than that, your team looks fine.

I beat poison 2nd gym with most of my team in tact. I caught a Cubone outside the gym and replaced Noibat with it for the battle after I evolved it into a Marrowak.

The second gym was pretty tough. I lead off with Meowstic and Gourgeist to finished off Nidoqueen, Gengar, and Tentacruel before they went down. After that I relied on my own Nidoqueen, Arcanine, and Marrowak to deal with with the rest of her team. The fact that Nidoqueen was as bulky as she was and had Body Slam and was able to paralizes off made the difference. At the end it came down to a Fresh Greninja against a Full Hitpoint, but Paralized Drapion (damn you ultra potions!) to see he could get the knock-out. I got 4 hits with water shuriken first round, Drapion was Paralyzed, and then I got 5 hits with Water Shuriken to finish it off.

Nidoqueen has Earth Power now, which is nice, and I gave her Sludge Wave, she learned Earth Power, so i changed Nidoqueen over to using her secret ability. Noibat is back on the team and I'm currently trying to level him up so he can finally evolve. I've been carrying him around in since I caught it at level 7, so it's feels good to see it get close.

I also figured out how to do the mystery egg event. I missed the key to the warehouse and didn't know how to rescue the daycare couple, but once I looked up how to find it I did the mystery egg. I got a female Vulpix. I might breed it later for a better one. It does have drought, but it also has 0 Defence IVs, and a -Defense + Speed nature. So I think she just dies to everything if I put her in battle.

I also went back to the where i ran into strength puzzels earlier, and got a Tepig! I think I might replace My Arcanine, Lassie, with an Emboar at some point, since I've never played with Emboar before it sounds fun. I also got a -s.atk +atk nature so, it looks really solid as a bulky Physical sweeper, and the IV spread is pretty good.