was luna brainwashed or not

captaind00m

I feel like at this point it is unlikely Luna was brainwashed. Given that El has been prepared to use her as a sacrifice to Arceus and so on, I'd imagine she was just running away from an awful home environment.

I don't think so, she was already a 'daughter' of Serra be her own choice before meeting Radomus (as far as we know). It wouldn't surprise me if she found a 'father'. El also never removed any of his claimed hypnosises from Luna, even thouh he could remove the hypnosis on his own person .

I don't exactly trust Radomus, but as far as Luna is concerned, I don't think her "condition" is his fault.
While she's at his castle and pretending to be his maid and daughter, he constantly makes remarks in her presence that go against the role she's playing, and she makes a point to call him out on it, too. If he was really trying to make her believe she's his kid, or even just trying to make her stay with him by all means, then he'd surely be a lot more careful not to make comments that ruin the illusion.

Edit: That said, I am not sure if she was Serra's "daughter" before meeting Radomus? Gardevoir appears to have been at Serra's mansion together with Luna, which would only make sense if the two of them had already known each other.

Edited by Ama

Luna obviously ran away from a lunatic of a father.

The whole Radomus/Luna arc is full of pointless nonsense and annoying banter.

She wasn't brainwashed or she would've been more freaked out when radomus broke the illusion.

Plus radomus is shown to be the "good" guy in the episode so I doubt he actually hypnotized her.

But ame loves mind games so it's all a matter of your opinion.

The whole Radomus/Luna arc is full of pointless nonsense and annoying banter.

I wouldn't call that arc pointless.

Sure, you may not like it, which is perfectly fine, but it's not completely pointless. We do get the picture of how El treated Luna. This also gives Luna a good reason for running away.

IMO, Luna was not really under any spell as her father claimed. I think her pretending Serra and Radomus to be her parents was an escape from reality: a way for her to cope with her abusive childhood by creating a fantasy world where she had loving parents.

I don't think Luna was brainwashed. I think she ran away from home and pretended that EL was her father at some point. But since he was going to sacrifice her she ran away to a new home. She probably runs away from every home after because EL will keep chasing her to sacrifice her and she doesn't want to put those people in danger.

I wouldn't call that arc pointless.

Sure, you may not like it, which is perfectly fine, but it's not completely pointless. We do get the picture of how El treated Luna. This also gives Luna a good reason for running away.

IMO, Luna was not really under any spell as her father claimed. I think her pretending Serra and Radomus to be her parents was an escape from reality: a way for her to cope with her abusive childhood by creating a fantasy world where she had loving parents.

Not entirely pointless but the whole "Fake Gardevoir" was pointless since he could've magically made her appear at any time and prove el false.

Obviously it adds to the story but....Um it could've been avoided entirely. Also the luna rescue thing with teleport but that kinda needed to happen so eh.

It wasn't pointless. Radomus is a chess master, remember ? His reason for not calling Gardevoir wasn't just to please Luna, but also to see what El was preparing. So we went together under the Grand Gate, and there El tries to manipulate Adrienn and us to turn us against Radomus. Also, Radomus discovered that we have two of the keys, including the amethyst pendant he seems to personnaly know (I'm almost sure Anna is his daughter). So going after El was a way to see what was going on, recover the stolen ruby ring and test the judgement our character that seems implied in very important and dangerous stuff. All but pointless.

Plus from a story point of view it was a way to indroduce us to the birth place of Arceus and help us understand what the Meteors want