Your favorite battle strategy?

PokeFailure

I don't play competitive much, and when I do, I do the random mons mode to exploit the fact that I know too much about pokemon.

In game I like to use everything I can to stack the decks in my favor, be it status, stat drops, or field effects. once I i've set the field/boosted, I use a power mon like blaziken to smash everything up until the ace, which warrants a switch, status, and -stats to anything I can hit because in reborn it's cheese or get cheesed.

Because Reborn is so desperate I try my best to raise a small group of Pokemon - literally this group and nothing else unless the situation absolutely calls for a rare serious catch and grind - and cramp every powerful move I can think of inside; even though I can probably breathe easier and save much more time by actually considering a proper Pokemon to breed and carry a defined set of skills. Or maybe I'm just lazy, but that's MY problem.

Offense all the way. I don't lose time with entry hazards set or removal, the strategy is finding six mons fast as hell, with lots of attack, preferably that can survive one neutral heavy hit with ease. Then pray you get the first blood, then it's all lucky predictions from there on.

I always go: ultra fast lead, mid-fast all-out attacker, two setup sweepers, one support guy to tank hits or scout via dragon tail and the obligated Sylveon to blast an hyper beam in case everything else fails.

A player needs to be adaptable. Most veterans of the game enjoy trying all playstyles with according levels of success.

As for me, I enjoy using any archetype with the exception of hyper stall. The lack of prediction needed does not appeal to me, not to mention the shortage of available options. If there is a mega on the team, it will be either M-Sableye or M-Slowbro, with the rare exception of M-Lopunny which is used in semi-stall teams.

Other than that, I believe balance and regular offense are my favorite playstyles perhaps due to their ability to adapt to most circumstances. HO is also cool, but the game may end so quickly I don't get the enjoyment of outpredicting or outsmarting my opponent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...