Senior Year

Cool Girl

So, I'll be a senior in high school and considering how it's going to be my last year in high school, I wanted some advice. I mean, I heard the stereotype about how seniors are bullies to freshmen but yeah, I guess I would just like any advice about senior year of high school. It can be anything! :D Heck, you can even tell your senior year experience here! :D

Thanks guys,

Cool Girl

Edited by Cool Girl

For me, senior year was probably best year out of the others in highschool. That whole being a bully to freshmen barely happened on my end, nor did I care to even do any of that. Really, the main focus of the year should be thinking about college. Also, since it's your last year, make it the best one because when I graduated, I felt like there were some things that could've ended off better.

Be cool to younger kids. Relationships are built over a lifetime. This is especially the case if you're in band/orchestra or a club. If they're only a year or two younger than you (and you're going to post-secondary), chances are, you'll be seeing some of them. Make the most of your last year, because unless you try and keep in touch, you won't be talking to 95% of the people you hang out in high school.

The most important thing is to enjoy yourself each and every day. Whether that be doing something new, or maintaining the same routine.

• Support Squad

I mean when i got to be one of the older people in my school I, along with everyone in my year, suddenly began treating main schoolers like they had the plague.

They certainly had chlamydia. (I'm not lying there was an outbreak in one of the lower years)

Senior year should be your most laidback year, be friendly to everyone, show the newcomers the ropes and shortcuts to classes, tell them which teachers are cool and which you should never get on their bad side. Make sure you just get all your tests done and you'll be good.

Don't forget to show them which vending machines you can shake down for free food/drinks!

Overall, just have fun with it. You're only a senior in highschool once in your lifetime unless you're super old and a teacher in highschool.

have fun with friends, as much as possible. being a senior is a lot of fun with your friends, because you get to do some events that the lower years cant. So its very enjoyable. Being a senior comes once, and what better way to make it memorable than by hanging around your closest friends.

The senior year is divided into two parts. The first semester and the second semester. Your first semester pretty much consists on a crap ton of looking for colleges and applying which by the end of the semester you'll know what college you're going to pretty much. The second semester is basically the phase where you just want to get the heck out of school. Literally I did not try my senior semester like at all since it barely effects your transcript unless you do really really bad. There's really not that much else to it. I even came from a really jammed packed high school but most Seniors don't bully people so don't let that stereotype scare you. (Seniors mostly just hate how annoying they are...from my experience).

I did jack shit in my last year of high school (and it was awesome). First half was learning some extra stuff and preparing us for school exams, and also if you didn't know what to study you should probably make work of that. Second half was making school exams and preparing for the final exams.

We had very little bullying at our school and even if it happened it was usually people bullying people from the same year (cause you can do more emotional damage if you know the person better).

Funny thing is our batch of first years at that time were all arrogant and showed no respect towards the older kids and some even tried to bully the seniors (didn't work), which we though was pretty funny but annoying nonetheless.

Anyway bullying first years is stupid in the first place. Just make them respect you by teaching them things you learned from your seniors or something.

And most of all enjoy your last year of high school! don't fail it because doing it twice sucks

Edited by Pietvergiet

Aside from college applications, I hear senior year is probably the most easygoing year you'll get in high-school.

Considering I'm currently a senior myself now, I've got to say there certainly is a lot less tension.

I expect even less towards the end of the year.

Hello fellow senior! :D

So far for me, it's been very easy-going. Most colleges (if not all) really only care about your performance from freshman year to junior because there's not enough time to look at what you're doing as a senior.

I'm just diverting my energy toward college applications. Although unlike my classmates, I'm applying to about 22 different colleges for a musical theatre major, so my woes will be a bit different than yours, most likely.

But just have fun with your friends and enjoy your time together. I'm really trying to. I go to a really small school and I've been with the same group of 25 people since the 7th grade (about 6 years) and the thought of leaving them for a far off place is heartbreaking. So make memories that last and do what you can to rebuild damaged bridges.

But yeah, chill. Enjoy it and the prospect of college. :)

Be proactive in co-curricular and extracurricular activities, i spent most of my high school senior years on administration of club activities like vice presidency of librarian association and editor of high school yearbook. All i can say is be a good role model to juniors and advocate for the bullied if bullying phenomenon does happen in your school.

Every junior becomes a senior eventually; everyone has the chance to be both and the bullying rumor is nothing more than bias/bad rumor spreading unless its actually something that's passed down through previous seniors. Seniors are more often than not bound by responsibility and treating your juniors the way they should by educating them is important unless they disrespect you. Even if they do, try to be understanding and get their attention -- some people are better and more influential seniors in their high school lives because they know how to get along with people.

Anyways, making the best out of your senior year can also come from achievement. It can be done in many ways; you can lead a society and do a good job, get some gold medals and make a name in your school/make your school proud, get some awards, etc. And of course, if you're dreaming big for the future, make sure your grades are up for the task, as well. Don't take it too seriously (parents here are terrible in that regard) but don't neglect it altogether either.

Ultimately take incentive in wherever place you are able if you want your senior year to be great for you.

Well personally you'll need TWO of these on your senior year:

1. Serious

Okay at senior year, your choices will affect your future heavily, so be serious with what you want to be and focus on studies and try to find some information about the the college and learn about the major you wanted.

2. Relax/Enjoy/whatever

While being serious at that year is freaking important, you also have to relax and enjoy the last year of school, cuz college will troll you, have some quality time with friends, family, whatever but don't enjoy and relax way too much, or you'll future go bye bye

Beware of Senioritis, a state of mind afflicting a second semester senior in which they are unable to care about any assignments and most classes. It will happen, but try as hard as you can to put it off. On the whole freshman thing, you could instead adopt a freshman and try to be a little mentor to them. It's fun and inspires a little bit of hope in the freshman adopted that senpai might notice them someday. Have fun! It was my best year by far, but don't have fun too early. Hopefully get into a good college first, then have lots of fun (but still not too much).

Thank you guys so much for the great advice! :D I really appreciate it! :D I know for a fact I'll be going to community college for two years undecided and will then transfer to a university to do my studies for four years.

So, there has been a huge tragedy before our school year start. One of my classmates....commited suicide. It's been hard on me for a while and I know it's hard on my classmates as well. So the kind of advice I'm looking for is how can I help my classmates get through this? I'm also really worried about one of my classmates. She's being really mean towards everybody, basically saying that she doesn't give a s*** anymore and we don't know what it's like to be there and all of that stuff. I tried to talk to her myself and told her that I was there before, but she was mean to me too. Basically, she's disrespecting everybody, including the teachers. Not only that, but I also thought I heard her talk about killing herself, which has me really worried. I lost one friend, I don't want to lose another ;~; I understand why she's acting like this, 'cause the guy in my class that committed suicide was her close friend.

But yeah guys, just want to know some advice and all of that.

Thanks,

Cool Girl