The most boring Lets Play of Pokemon Reborn, ever.

kalzone678

Ok, let's start with some background info.

Hi i'm Kalzone, I've been playing Reborn for years now and I've been a member of the site for about a couple months now. I'm into Fine Dining and long walks on the beach, yadda yadda yadda, lets get to the good stuff.

So a few weeks ago i decided to start a new game file on Reborn, in anticipation for E16. Now because i'm a total Pokemon Pro, I was resetting at my starter to get a shiny Torchic with speed boost and good IVs (a lot to ask i know but the RNG did decide to favour me eventually).

In the middle of this endeavour i encountered a rather amusing glitch. After reloading my save because i got a crap Torchic, I attempted to try again and see if i was lucky. I pressed Z where the Torchic pokeball was located, but i got this message "This Ball contains a Pokemon for new trainers. You may only take one." I instantly knew what had happened so reset my game again but received the same message. I then created a new save and shelved the other one.

Until now...

I've been super bored recently and since completing both Reborn and Rejuvenation (well as much as i can), I decided to play through the game with NO POKEMON and document the process here on the forums. So i don't really know how I will do this, I'll probably just document key events of the game and anything that becomes really challenging (I have no clue if finding a wild Pokemon crashes my game or not).

So you guys tell me what you think and that'll dictate whether i get lazy or not.

Edit: Before you guys ask, when i get into a trainer battle it just skips to the dialogue afterwards acting like i won.

Nice glitch. Unfortunately you won't be able to get very far without HM moves. You'll get stuck before Obsidia PULSE battle.

Ahaha over before it started. I didn't think about HMs.

Well series ended, have a nice night folks.

Edit: This is actually kind of embarrassing, i'm kicking myself for not thinking this through.

Edited by kalzone678

What a shame, it would've been interesting to watch. You could still make a video showing off this glitch, though.

You can always teach an unown HM moves.

True, but the battles probably won't be skipped anymore, so it kind of ruins the main idea of this let's play.

I think i may use some Hax (Pls don't tell Ame) to get past some areas where HMs are required.

Juuuuust in case Ame sees this, no i will not go exploring random areas. I am using the hax just to progress through story.

So not all hope is lost folks (Unless i get lazy or forget, i'm that sort of person).

Edit: I think i may end up recording this actually, tell me what you think of that.

Edited by kalzone678