Beyblade

nepeta100

Yeah Beyblade is back its actually not dead I don't know what to make out of this new dub so far its okay its hard to top the original but I still think I will enjoy as long as I keep my expectations at the right level. Has anyone else on these forums watched beyblade or got one of those top I feel slightly motivated to get one again but I wont have anyone to play against since the rest of my collection is back at home :(

well they might be making new tops again with the new series coming out in America

hopefully you are able to get into this again and that the company markets this the right way so it isn't a short fad

Edited by nepeta100

If I were at mom's I'd enjoy taking a pic of the massive collection of the Metal series I've got. I did enjoy the Metal series, but Zero-G just dropped hard. Maybe the new series will be decent.

Exactly

While we're here, I, um, actually kind of liked the Metal anime. Like, it was kind of bad and of course was a toy-show-thing and literally like the exact kind of anime I don't usually like. But for some reason I just really got attached to some of the characters and ended up sticking with it. To the point where I've seen it thrice and still like it

I, um, actually kind of liked the Metal anime.

ut for some reason I just really got attached to some of the characters and ended up sticking with it.

This. I enjoyed how the anime had started with Kenta and through each new season of it, it showed how he would grow as a character as opposed to say Gingka who was kinda static except when he lost the one time to Ryuga.

I'm probably dating myself here, but... does the anime not have Tyson and Kai any more? The old series was my jam back in the day. Classic Dragoon Storm and later Dragoon Galaxy. I still have my collection of Beyblades too, somewhere.

I'm probably dating myself here, but... does the anime not have Tyson and Kai any more? The old series was my jam back in the day. Classic Dragoon Storm and later Dragoon Galaxy. I still have my collection of Beyblades too, somewhere.

Yeah, no, that's the one for old people. owo

This. I enjoyed how the anime had started with Kenta and through each new season of it, it showed how he would grow as a character as opposed to say Gingka who was kinda static except when he lost the one time to Ryuga.

Kenta developing was pretty great. The whole thing with him in the final season was actually like super badass. Ryuga was also a really great character, like, to the point where I sometimes questioned why he was stuck in a product placement anime. His role is S1 was kind of typical, but it led into him developing really strongly later on (also I'm weird for this, but I prefer the english VA's crazy-voice to the super dramatic japanese one)

TBH, compared to what was necessary for the show to succeed in its job of selling toys, a lot of characters were well-developed. To the point where there were actually some scenes that got me emotionally riled up

I watched the Metal series and I definitely watched the old Beyblade series in the 80s. But other than that, I haven't watched the latest ones. I quite enjoyed the Metal series! Does anyone recommend that I watch the latest anime or are they bad?

well i only have watched the first few episodes of the new season of beybladre so i dont have a true opinion yet i will let you know as of know it is passable enough for me but not great

did you see shoungen steel cause technically shoungen steel is related to the metal series

also the new one is called beyblade burst

Edited by nepeta100

I noped out of Zero-G, including the anime. Particularly since the final season of the metal anime had such a satisfying conclusion for me, watching further would have just sucked on so many levels TBH

As for the new ones, I'm going to guess based on the name they mimic the gimmick that showed up a long time back where some Beyblades explode when they run out of spin?