You know. 3 years ago I came to this forum. And three years ago I never thought in a million years I'd ever have found a place that is very much part of my internet home. Reborn has become familiar ground for me. A place I feel comfortable in. It's like when I am home. It is no longer a strange place to me. It is a part of my, and my soul so to speak.

Now, a few things. I'm not doing an appreciation thread here. I feel, these are too overdone. And while they are a great why to show ones feeling about members in the community etc... I know there's no way I could include literally ever person out there I'd want to. I know I'd forget some that have really changed my outlook on this journey. If you've talked to me earnestly at some point though... you can safely know that I appreciate you though and that's there is some lesson I have learned from you as a person. You have impacted me for the better trust me on that. Even if we didn't get along, trust me, that experience in the end was truly positive. Because, we don't learn about ourselves if every road is easy. We don't learn without stumblin' and scraping our knees once and awhile. We have to bleed so we can heal and grow. So, There's many of you out there while it might have bene seemingly small, have taught me many things. I can't thank you enough for the lessons you've even inadvertently shared with me, how you've helped me to be a better person.

So, after three years I'm still here. A Mod. I can never say I ever thought I'd be where I'm standing right now. I can't say I thought I'd ever leave on an everlasting mark on a place. I was used to being a wanderer. Before Reborn I was just a drifter. I never thought I'd ever belong somewhere. I never thought some place would ever want me around or would ever notice my absence once I was gone. It was one fateful step into the RP forum that forever changed that though.

A Little RP... titled Aftermath. A wonderful person who ran it by the name of Acquiescence. Really, she's the reason I even ended up staying, that RP. If it wasn't for her, I don't know where I'd be or, who'd I'd be today. It was that RP that not only taught me about Forum RPing, but reignited my passion in RPing in general. It's really thanks to that wonderful woman... I'm ever here. That I am where I am, and that I've grown as I have. That I've met the people I have, those who have taught me how to grow, been with me throughout most of my journey. She's a close friend, and a person I'm glad to have met in any capacity.

Further, I've done so much in so little time here. I've been a mod nearly all three years. As a result, I've seen faces go, some return... and many new faces. From not only the staff, but the community itself... Some hit me harder than others, though I can say anytime I saw someone leave, I felt that pang of sorrow. We'd lose someone irreplaceable. We'd lose a unique soul, but it wasn't all bad. We'd always find more faces coming in. We got new individuals. While there was the sting of losing some, there was the joy of gaining others. I felt this the most in the RP forums. My own home. Everytime we lost a regular... a vet, old blood... I felt like we lost something we'd never find again. We'd lose a unique entity. But, with every new face... we gained a new perspective. People would come to us in all different states of skill.

But I always feel that whether by my hand, or by the community that I've helped to foster, they've always left not only a better RPer, but a better writer, and maybe being overly optimistic here... a better person. I foguht for the RP forum to be what it is today. And I have since I got here. I felt my passion for RPing reignite and I wanted to sahre that with people. I wanted to teach them, and give them soemthing they could love and enjoy jsut as much as I did, or at least to begin to.

It kindled my passion in Writing even more. I was a pretty shitty writer back in the day. I only did it to fight through my dpression once. It was jsut stress relief. But, now it's something much more. MUCH MUCH more. It's my passion as well. It's second nature.

And, in that theme I fought for the Creative Writng forum to exist. I saw the demand within the RP section for it. People started CW works there, as I allowed them the space. I saw more and more crop up, to the point I felt they deserved the proper place to thrive. That was one of my hardest battles to this day. No offense to the mods who shut me down and made me fight tooth and nail for it, cause it taught me something. It taught me how to fight for what I believe for. It helped me learnt to communicate clearly. How to get across my thoughts and feeling and why i believed something with all of my heart. They taught me how to fight for the things I beleive in.

So, thanks for that.

ANd Here I am today. I've created a community in the RP Sub. I'm the direct reason the Creative Writing and now Creative Works Sub-forum exists. I've left an everlasting mark on this place. I can't say I ever thoughI would.

I am humbled, and honoured that y'all put up with me all this time.~.

With Love,

Hukuna.

Happy three years, my friend. We came here on the same day, albeit a year later for me, and I'm glad that it's been worth sticking around and we got to meet. I'm still not the best writer, but I can feel myself gradually improving due to your efforts on the forums. Not to mention you're a cool guy that I like just talking to every now and then. So thanks. And here's to many more!

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

I have already said all the things I'd wish to say on this day in the past. So I'm not gonna bother repeating myself. You know the gist of anything I'd write up for this anyway buddy, given I've literally known you for nearly the entire time I've been on here

So... I'ma just raise a goblet,

tumblr_inline_o3ercuu_Pn91qaaxfg_500.gif

and say Cheers: these three years might've had their rough patches, their ups and downs, those moments where you just wanted to bang your head against the wall for various reasons, but at the end of the day, afterall the drama and the meetings and (rather sad, yes) partings... they were still some damn good ones, in the end, and I'm hella glad you decided to stay, even during those times when you were feeling like shit. If we had lost you, I have no doubt the entire RP community would've withered and died a long time ago. And I'm even more glad to finally see you accept the fact that yeah, there's a lot of people round this place who do care about you... certainly took us long enough to get the message through, am I right?

But ye. These have been good years, knowing you. Here's to more like em to come, eh?

Congrats on your three years, Huk! Although I only entered here two years and something ago, I´d been lurking for quite some time before deciding to give it a go. Wanting to try my hand at RPing - something I´d never done before - was a big part of what made me sign up at all. And it was the very same Pokémon Aftermath that got my attention, for the quality of it´s plot and of the writers in there.

After that came my own Under the Hill, which as tons of fun for me and really helped me improve as a writer, and then what I consider the masterpiece of this place´s world building: Graterras. And boy, how much I learned from playing and reading that story. The way you fleshed out something as complex as that, giving details of how things in that universe worked, keeps amazing me to the day and helped me a lot with my own Myriad. Your help through the whole process was decisive in making me come back to writing after a long time without producing anything, and I can´t thank you enough for that.

So more than congratulations, I think I and all the members of the RPing and CW forums owe you a thank you, for all the time and effort you´ve put into creating that unique place we know and love.

Happy three years, Hukuna sensei! :D

fireworks-animated.gif

Happy Three Years Huk!!!

While you'll never admit to it, you really are a fantastic person. You're witty, talented, caring and always are willing to provide a voice of reason. I obviously haven't known you for all three years (probably realistically I've only known you for about 7 months), but I'm sure you've been a fantastic forum member since the beginning.

I never go into your subforums, but I'm sure you've created a unique and close community in there, and I know from my interactions with regular RPers that everyone there respects you immensely.

So congrats on 3 years, and here's to many more!

• Veterans

So, this morning when I woke up, I saw your post in my thread. I was going to respond later today, but then I saw this thread and decided to just put it all here instead.

You're honestly one of the coolest people I've ever met, whether it be here on Reborn or in real life. The last 2~ years (Well, more like a year and a half to be honest...)of knowing you have been nothing short of amazing. You've had quite the effect on a lot of people around here, and I'll say that quite the majority of those have been for the better. Really glad you stayed around here man. Happy 3 year anniversary, here's to many more to come.