Help With Charlotte?

Obliviare

Hello! First, let me preface this by saying that I have, in fact read quite a bit on how to beat her.

The problem is I saw many people use things like trick room and rain dance.

My team is:

Visul (Espeon)

Psychic

Morning Sun

Swift

Curse

Cedric (Blaziken)

Flare Blitz

Bulk Up

Brave Bird

Hi Jump Kick

Rhosymedre (Roserade)

Petal Dance

Growth

Aromatherapy

Synthesis

Cheryl (Ampharos)

Power Gem

Thunder Wave

Discharge

Dragon Pulse

I also have a Sharpedo with Crunch and Aqua Jet, but Aqua Jet is quite weak and it gets 1 shot by everything after that. So does the rest of my team. I wold love to be able to go back to Reborn City to find some pokemon (Rotom, something with earthquake) but I don't think I'm able to. Trick Room Bronzong is pretty much out, as Blaziken and Espeon outspeed her pokemon. And Rain Dance is pretty much out, as Sharpedo gets exploded by everything. Are there any other options for strategies people could help me with? I know my team isn't great, but I just picked my favorites and was previously able to get by due to Roserade and Blaziken being OP.

So I've pretty much hit a wall since all my pokemon nearly get 1hko'd and I'm a terrible trainer...

if you have helix fossil, get an omastar, level it up, pair it with a pokemon that knows rain dance, set up with shell smash and spam surf

it might not go so well for you as it did for me because my omastar was modest nature 252 spA EVs

damn. i wanted to edit my above post and i ended up like this

Edited by DemICE

Get a Donphan from Route3. They know Earthquake. Also, if your Sharpedo is expendable, teach it Rain Dance so it messes up with Charlotte's fire attacks. If you stole the Assault Vest from Aya when you had the chance, you could also use Conkeldurr. If not, Druddigon is also a good choice. You'll need to gring but it pays off.

whats a solid tank to have out? Anything that I can catch near me that learns wide guard or something similar?

Anything meaty enough that preferably resists Fire-types will be able to tank. You could catch something on Route 3. I like the Druddigon suggestion up there since it's sturdy enough, though it might not be able to last through the whole fight. You could also catch, say, a Graveler or whatever, but I wouldn't send it out until after you get past Typhlosion and Darmanitan since they have counters for Rock and Ground (plus you'd need to waste a Link Stone if you wanted to evolve it into Golem).

having rain dance cancels her field effect and makes a new one until that runs out then its a regular field again. using rain dance again makes it useful for you because she forced to not use fire moves. trust me getting rid of that fire field is better than fighting on it.

Like suggested of picking up something for EQ support is always helpful. However, depending on how damage goes, if you can safely get a bulk up like mentioned above then you can easily fight her fire with fire.

If you can have something fast hit Typhlosion, even 10% of its HP gone will be detrimental to Eruption, taking the field into account. That gets rid of Typhlosion's threat because without Eruption, it isn't very dangerous. Darmanitan can be a bit more frightening but it is more physical, so assuming you have speed boost, after 2 or 3 bulk ups you shouldn't have much of a problem. Assuming Eruption is used that would combust the field, and increase Blaziken's Flare Blitz. I'm assuming it has Speed Boost, but I suppose Blaze could do the trick with the field.

Remember that with the field is burning Smokescreen gets OP. So if you have anything that has that, it could prove useful.

Not sure how easily Ampharos goes down but T-wave parahax for dayss.

Personally, I fought fire with fire and just took advantage with Flash Fire. Charlotte is surprisingly frail, just the Darmanitan/Typhlo combo is the wall that you have to overcome.

Wait... what? WHAT?!

We can actually steal items... and keep them?!

There was an exploit I believe in 14 however, we do not encourage, nor do I recommend talking about exploits. Aya actually got nerfed hard and lost her Assualt Vest due to so many people doing said exploit. I will not discuss this topic of in-game cheating further than needed especially since it's off topic.

Now to solve your little problem, there is literally a prankster Cottonee catchable right outside and while it may seem like a bad idea, it gets access to Stun Spore and Tailwind with Prankster but with a steep price. Walrein is one that you could bring in since Thick fat let's it just get hammered by attacks and surf lowers the accuracy of everyone. Weaken that Typhlosion some or get rotom out and let it overheat and then just take the other side out. Bulldoze-Rock Slide Flygon decimated her, but I don't think you have access to one. Focus on shutting down that Typhlosion (and possibly Darmanitan) and the rest of the battle ain't too bad.

Or instead to weakening fire moves, you can use them. Take some fire types pokemons (you have Blaziken, probably got a growlithe in your pc, cyndaquil maybe ?) and attack with fire. With the field plus possibly the sun, it will be so boosted you can destroy her fire type pokemons with fire moves. My battle against her during my mono-fire run was the easiest gym battle I had in Reborn.