Mega altaria traumatic experience (spoiler)

ff9alex

what a f@$€?# monster it was, so this gym leader Ciel, i have had hard battles , even blake+fern just took me a second try but oh boy! what a beast somehow after many tries i was able to beat her entire team with no casualties, just to try again to defeat that thing my manetric , gardevoir, pangoro, pyroar, muk, swampert all my team with full hp was not enough it hits way to much and the speed oh godd the speed, so i have to use endevour with pyroar + focus band, the bi#© healed! after many tries she was out of potions and she didnt miraclously killed my pangoro 1HKO so i hammer arm that motha f#%&^ , i hammered like i never hammered something before, it was beautiful as you see the blood and clouds of the horrendous beast fall as is being slay by the mighty pangoro!

i know ice or rock were needed to make that battle easier but i didnt have any, Rock slide with swampert didnt hit that much neither rock tomb with pangoro, or Icy wind with swampert, i didnt wanted to train and ice type just for her, that would be a disgrace to my team.

( Update: i'm improving my team looking at other options and preparing for the next horrendous creature that Ame launch at us but it would help a lot if i could get a Mega Swampert).

thinking on changing manetric to magnazone and change a noctowl ( rotation) for a Archen if i ever need a fyling type .

if anyone knows any good dragon type for my team that would be great ( no meme intended)

- Draggion ( sucks )

- Noivern ( sucks even more)

-Dragalge is ok.

-Flygon ( maybe alredy have a Ground type)

-Tyrunt ( to many weakness but look awesome as f..)

I two-shotted Ciel with the team in my sig. For Altaria-Mega I simply sent in Glaceon, set up Hail, burned a few potions until Ciel used Earthquake instead of Hyper Voice and then OHKO'd with Blizzard.

A strong poison or ice-type should be able to easily deal with the Mega Altaria, just have to endure the Hyper Voice/Earthquake.

Haha, yeah, Mega Altaria is a butt. You might as well switch out Manectric for Magnezone, and Noctowl I would've phased out loooong before getting as far as you did. Since M.Altaria becomes part Fairy-type instead of Flying, it's actually vulnerable to Poison-types, so that's an option (and it also means Dragon-types are pointless unless they have other good moves). Strong Fairy-types are also a good option. I was able to two-shot it with Sylveon, and in another run, OHKO it with Aromatisse + Calm Mind.

There is another solution, the one I think is the easiest.

You can use Soundproof Abomasnow! Why? M-Altaria's moveset is basically, iirc, Hyper Voice, Earthquake, Roost and Sing, so Soundproof Abomasnow is immune to HV and Sing, while resisting EQ, which should allow you to sweep through easily, with whatever set you want.

And as other replies said, Sylveon is a great choice too in this gym in general.

What's your Sylveon moveset?

I have Moonblast/Protect/Toxic/Light-Screen

Do note that I went back to EP9 to breed for Protect/Toxic. Though those aren't needed at all, and Sylveon can work quite well as a support with Moonblast/Light Screen/Yawn/Misty Terrain.

I used Garbodor to get rid of Mega Altaria, I think it took 2 sludge waves to take it down.

Noivern doesn't suck at all. Noibat is useless, but once it evolves it can be really helpful, as it has a good range of really strong moves, and a nice special attack stat.

Replacing Noctowl would be a good idea, and magnezone would be a bit better than Manectric (although Manectric isn't a bad pokemon by any means, so it isn't necessary).

If you are looking for a dragon, Kingdra is one of your best options in the game and a personal favorite of mine.

You can run it physical with ddance, waterfall, outrage, and a coverage move.

You can run it special with dragon pulse, surf, then coverage moves.

If you want to have a really fun time, make its ability sniper and give it a scope lens and teach it focus energy. 100% crits OP.

One of my favorite crit-dra sets is a mixed variant with ddance, waterfall, draco meteor, and focus energy. When this thing gets a ddance then focus energy up, there really isn't much that can stand up to it.