Need help with a gym

Lil' Sunny

So my team is fairly (un)balanced right now and i'm struggling with Charlotte and her BS heat wave, eruption, flare blitz etc etc on the super heated field

Team:

LV 66 Torterra

Wood Hammer

Earthquake

Crunch

Curse

LV63 galvantula

Discharge

Bug Buzz

Cross Poison

Sucker punch

LV62 Drifblim

Shadow Ball

Charge Beam

Payback

Confuse Ray

LV 66 Camerupt (shiny thingy if that means anything)

Eath power

Rock Slide

Lava Plume

Rock Smash

LV 65 Seismitoad

Surf

Hydro Pump

Strength

Sludge wave

LV 62 Magneton

Thunderbolt

Flash Cannon

Metal Sound

Supersonic

i also tried a LV60 Piloswine with thick fat to disable her fire field but it dies in one hit to every single fire move she has.

any tips? nearby pokes that could help? nearby training spots?

one more thing, where do you evolve magneton? i tried that one room in the power plant early game but it didnt work, mightve been changed with newer eps idk.

tyvm

i hope you got the rain dance tm before u left the city. if yes, teach it to your ugly toad and equip a damp stone on it.

Piloswine should have blizzard by now if its lv60.

If you have anything that can learn trick room, do it like this: Enter with trick room user and hope to not die before you set it. Then enter with toad and swine, use rain dance and blizzard (it destroys the field), and the rest of the fight should be a low danger one.

Edited by DemICE

i hope you got the rain dance tm before u left the city. if yes, teach it to your ugly toad and equip a damp stone on it.

Piloswine should have blizzard by now if its lv60.

If you have anything that can learn trick room, do it like this: Enter with trick room user and hope to not die before you set it. Then enter with toad and swine, use rain dance and blizzard (it destroys the field), and the rest of the fight should be a low danger one.

Honestly, I agree with ICE. Rain is your best friend in this gym. Honestly, if you have a pokemon with Surf and another with Telepathy and Rain Dance, this gym battle can be over in about three minutes. With your team, you have a few options. Aside from Rain Dance, spread moves are your best friend. A few options include: teaching Rain Dance to Driflblim and leading with it. Set up Rain Dance, then proceed to attack. You could use Torterra and Earthquake, which hits five out of her six Pokemon for super-effective damage, or switch in Seismitoad and spam Surf. Alternatively, send in Piloswine and Blizzard the field away.

Nearby Pokemon... Well, on Route 3, you can find Golett and Golurk during the daytime and nighttime, both of which learn Earthquake naturally and have good attack and decent bulk. Golurk even gets Phantom Force, which puts you in a practically invulnerable state for a turn, allowing you to use surf or another spread attack like that. Alternatively, you could combo this with Galvantula and Air Balloon, having Galvantula use Discharge and Golurk use Earthquake. If you have the Good Rod, you can fish for Claunchers in Citrine and Celestinine Mountain, which you can use as a glass cannon of sorts. It hits like a tank, but it doesn't have the best bulk or speed, so be careful. You can also find Starly and Staravia on Route 3, which, as a Staraptor, can hit quite hard with Reckless Brave Bird (I would say Double-Edge as well, but as far as I'm aware, that can only be obtained by breeding with either Togetic or Togekiss, which are only available from the Police Mystery Egg as of E15). If you have a Noibat or even Ducklett, try evolving them. Both Noivern and Swanna get Hurricane, which hits hard and has a 30% confusion chance. Swanna can also spam Surf and can set up Rain Dance, if needed. One of the best Pokemon I can recommend for this is Walrein, which can be found in Ametrine Mountain as a Spheal. Not only is quite bulky (bulkier than Piloswine and Mamoswine), but it also has access to Blizzard by level-up, Rest for recovery, the ever-loved Surf and Rain Dance, Swagger, and Thick Fat, further increasing its bulk. Seriously, give Walrein a try.

If I recall correctly, the level cap before beating Charlotte is 70, is it not? As much as I hate to say it, grinding up to about 67 or 68 on all of your Pokemon may help a lot. If you want to go the extra mile and get to 69 or even 70, feel free. Keep in mind that Ninetales, her ace, is at level 72, so she can turn the battle around once she sends it out. Also, if you still want to use Piloswine, it might help to go back to Agate Circus and reteach Piloswine Ancient Power just to evolve it, as Mamoswine is just a hair bulkier, faster, and stronger than Piloswine, which could make a difference in battle.

As for Magneton, you need the Yureyu Key to open the back generator room of the Abandoned Power Plant. It can be found via a giant strength puzzle in the Byxbysion Wasteland, but I don't believe you can go back and get it at this point, sadly. You'd either have to wait until the end of E15, where they give you access to Reborn City again as a courtesy, or wait until you can use Waterfall and use the strength glitch to get back into Reborn, which is kinda... well, to each their own, I guess. You can also get Rotom from that generator room, which is a very useful Pokemon. Once you get access to Reborn City again, this video should help out with that:

(Credit goes to Lostelle, a wonderful member of the forums here).

That's all I've got. If i think of anything else, I'll edit this post. Hope this helped!

Edited by KuroCovers

Did you grab the Cyndaquil from 7th Street? If so, I'd level it up, make sure it has Flash Fire, and just fight fire with fire. Especially since you have Camerupt. Lava Plume to activate Typho's flash fire and then GG let Eruption do the rest of the work. Even more if you have any other fire types in your PC. Rapidash can learn Drill Run at Agate, can learn Bounce for EZ paralyze. If you still have the Growlithe than Arcanine can be of use because FLASH FIRE. But yeah, switching in a Flash Fire when her Typhlo uses Eruption can make things easier. That's how I beat her, fire and fire. But if you don't have many fire types that's understandable as I'm unsure of what fire types can be caught at that point.

If not, I'd suggest grabbing a Druddigun or however you spell that dragon thingy that I despise battling that's in the cave you were in with Aya. Someone suggested Noivern which is useful due to how strong it is + moves it can learn. Walrein (Hakugei) is super good like stated.

Having Galvantula and Torterra might be more of a hindrance due to her mon's Speed + typing + field, I would probably bench them, but if you can get trick room off Torterra can really cause some havok on Charlotte.