Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

Just now, dnaeeeutd said:

I've done playing version 8 of Rejuvenation but I noticed that the animations between 2 games are someway not the same as each other :D For example, Ember move

Oh, yeah. He's switching animations for version 9 to match Reborn and Sporks.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

Wouldn't it be crazy if characters simply had guns in Pokémon fiction? Like that would make things SOOOO much easier.

Aren't people nearly never using weapons due to the Veilstone Myth? It's almost as if a contract was made

10 minutes ago, Jan said:

I actually did not know about this. This is really cool. Thanks for sharing this!

I actually didn't know about it either, until Lord C mentioned it. Then I had to look it up. I understood immediately after reading the myth.

So basically a Pokémon comes out of nowhere and tells you to quit it with that.

But what if I don't care, or I have a Master Ball?

Guess people don't take that chance.

3 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

So basically a Pokémon comes out of nowhere and tells you to quit it with that.

But what if I don't care, or I have a Master Ball?

Guess people don't take that chance.

This could be a time when Pokeballs didn't exist. After all, the main character used swords. With the technology in the modern pokemon world, they would have build far more powerful guns than the ones we have right now. Because manufactured weaponry is not used, it hasn't developed at all. 

Their ability to control genetics, however, has advanced into the realm of Sci Fi. Just look at Mewtwo.

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

This could be a time when Pokeballs didn't exist. After all, the main character used swords. With the technology in the modern pokemon world, they would have build far more powerful guns than the ones we have right now. Because manufactured weaponry is not used, it hasn't developed at all. 

Their ability to control genetics, however, has advanced into the realm of Sci Fi. Just look at Mewtwo.

Hmm, pretty cool speculation.

Well, I guess the whole weapon thing is more because the knight was hunting pokemon down without stop. You aren't killing pokemon with the pokeballs nor endangering them... directly.

It's funny cause that myth alone is probably what stopped people from further developing weaponry. The pokemon world as far as we know through history is full of pokemon and people together - in combat or coexistence, yet we barely ever see weapons . The most recent weapon we saw of sorts even used pokemon (Xerneas/Yveltal) as a power source. 

I think the whole weaponry shenanigans in Pokémon is just because a simple reason, Occam's Razor style: weapons are not as effective as Pokémon in the lethal aspect.

Think about it. Weapon DO exist in Pokemon World, like Team Plasma obviously have a giant gunship, or the fact that there's a actual war happened in Kalos and Kanto, and if I remember correctly in the Lucario & the Mystery of Mew Movie, there's a war depicted with human soldiers wielding swords among Pokemon. The Gym Leader Lt. Surge in Kanto is a veteran American soldier and I assume the US Army (or wtf they are in Pokemon World) didn't just carry Poke Balls to the battlefield and have them fight each other.

12 minutes ago, ClarissaValkyrie said:

I think the whole weaponry shenanigans in Pokémon is just because a simple reason, Occam's Razor style: weapons are not as effective as Pokémon in the lethal aspect.

Think about it. Weapon DO exist in Pokemon World, like Team Plasma obviously have a giant gunship, or the fact that there's a actual war happened in Kalos and Kanto, and if I remember correctly in the Lucario & the Mystery of Mew Movie, there's a war depicted with human soldiers wielding swords among Pokemon. The Gym Leader Lt. Surge in Kanto is a veteran American soldier and I assume the US Army (or wtf they are in Pokemon World) didn't just carry Poke Balls to the battlefield and have them fight each other.

Thing is, the knight from the myth with a sword alone hunted pokemon down no stop to the point he was doing it for fun until he is asked to stop. Meaning: a sword alone is more effective than pokemon.

If any war ever came to be, people should try to develop weapons first that deal with everything (pokemon included) rather than simply use pokemon for combat. Kind of like how we don't use animals for combat in the real world aside horses and hunting hounds. Most our wars is with actual weapons.

This essentially means that should humans in pokemon world be able to use weaponry as they please (with emphasis on that), it wouldn't take long till with their knowledge to build devastating weapons, all the more considering their technology that covers even teleportation. Yet they don't.

The Veilstone Myth may just be a fairy tale, but it may give more insight into that. It's more like they won't ever use conventional or destructive weaponry. We have exceptions to that rule - The Ultimate Weapon from XY for example, but, in this case, it's more of the work of a pokemon rather than a weapon in itself.

Meaning, it's as if people in their world are unable to even create or yield weaponry in itself save few exceptions. Of course, after all they eventually need to hunt for food or stuff like that. We know knights existed, but it's as if there is a limit to what they can do.

The catch: they have pokemon. A decent relationship and some sort of co-dependence built around those creatures. People in the pokemon world went to the point pokemons may be used as tools or warred with. They may not be able to yield weapons, but their society as a whole revolve around pokemon.

Lore in the pokemon universe indicates even before the myth there was this intimate relationship with pokemon. To the point that at the start there was little difference between the two species and marriage existed between both. The Veilstone Myth also indicate that before the Knight started killing them there was already relationship AND with XY, we know that thousand years in the past people warred with the creatures.

Meaning, since from ancient times, their human society and the pokemon have been linked in some way. Veilstone Myth shows that at some point they had to stop utilizing weaponry (which would also damage the relation), justifying why they don't have those. With that relation between pokemon and humans remained. In times of peace and times of war, both species have been together interwined. Society evolved and technology was made and created, both depending and independant of these bonds

forgot to ask, is it possible to make the max items in the bag 999 instead of 99 ?, when you have 100 repels, there there is that 1 extra repel in your bag that will not go away until you use the 99 repels

2 hours ago, Might Gai said:

forgot to ask, is it possible to make the max items in the bag 999 instead of 99 ?, when you have 100 repels, there there is that 1 extra repel in your bag that will not go away until you use the 99 repels

No.

7 hours ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

just wondering, where exactly will the tasters be contacted, just curious as to whether it'll be PM here, or some other way :3

"Tasters"

49 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

No.

Is it impossible to actually change 99 items to 999? If not, it's probably best not to answer on behalf of Jan...

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Is it impossible to actually change 99 items to 999? If not, it's probably best not to answer on behalf of Jan...

You can have 99 of the same item in 1 group, and then have 10 groups of the same Item, and then 1 group of 9 of that one item.

For Example:

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

9x Repels

Perhaps in a future version, you can have 999 of the same item in one group.

Edited by ShadeStrider

8 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

You can have 99 of the same item in 1 group, and then have 10 groups of the same Item, and then 1 group of 9 of that one item.

For Example:

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

99x Repels

9x Repels

Perhaps in a future version, you can have 999 of the same item in one group.

well... yeah... the original poster was asking if there will be 999 in a future version... 

On 07/05/2017 at 0:04 AM, ShadeStrider said:

Who is the MC's Dad?

On a side note, I'm playing Mother 3 again, and I decided to name everyone after Rejuvenation characters (Lucas is Axel, Kumatora is Melia, Claus is Ren, etc.)

When fighting Lord Passion:

Me: Why won't you DIE?

Lord Passion: Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma.  

Well, I do have an odd theory of who the MC's mother really, is, and my guess is Crescent, just because of how she acts around the MC and everything.

• Developers

Let's play a game!!!!!!

I have three things to show you guys, but I'll leave what I show up to you all. All you have to do is choose one of these options. 

There's one catch, though... You may be thinking, Jan... You put 4 options! Haha yes! I did!

Three of these will hold something new to show. One of these will negate the whole game and I will show nothing! The one with the most votes wins. Have fun!