Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

I get it, The Main character is a douche bag to people who have diaries. I apologize for every diary i have ever read. I should apologize to Amaria, Titania, Kanon, and Melia.

wait you can read melia's diary?

you know i really have to pay more attention when im playing this game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2017 at 0:12 AM, ShadeStrider said:

Don't blame good games for being good games. That's their job.

You still have a few weeks. Alpha and beta testing are gonna take a while.

I definitely WILL blame them for being good games!

Those Gosh-darned, heckin' good games held my soul for the past few months

and still do, to some extent.

Needless to say, it was a lowpoint, but thanks to the love and support of friends & family and

the pure, guiding light of the Almighty Kneesus, AKA Falcon-sama, I've returned to some sense of normalcy

10 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

just a question, is version 9 still being worked on? or....? just curious,because this has been at 97% for a long time now, just wondering if there is gonna be a version 9 or if it was cancelled, thanks :3

'Long time'.... It's only moved to 97% this week.... Don't worry, it's still being worked on actively.

11 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

just a question, is version 9 still being worked on? or....? just curious,because this has been at 97% for a long time now, just wondering if there is gonna be a version 9 or if it was cancelled, thanks :3

Jan cant be expected to spend every single day working on it, plus its exams season right now so theres that to account for
Even when it hits 100%, the game needs to be Alpha and Beta tested for bugs, then bug fixed and that could take weeks to a month to do

9 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

Beta Testing and Alpha Testing take a long time. Be Patient.

3 hours ago, Korlif said:

I definitely WILL blame them for being good games!

Those Gosh-darned, heckin' good games held my soul for the past few months

and still do, to some extent.

Needless to say, it was a lowpoint, but thanks to the love and support of friends & family and

the pure, guiding light of the Almighty Kneesus, AKA Falcon-sama, I've returned to some sense of normalcy

By the Almighty Kneesus, Are you talking about Captain Douglas J. Falcon? Was the Pure, Gliding Light his Mighty Falcon Punch?

17 minutes ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

You're wrong, it's just recently that is at 97%, anyway it's still being worked on.

Edited by Hellyeah98

• Developers
13 minutes ago, TheWaddleDee said:

I feel like Jan pushed it to 98 just to make a point ;)

That was completely coincidental, haha. I didn't even see that message until I updated it. 

1 hour ago, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

Nope! Haven't cancelled, and no plans to! It's actually only been 97% for about a week or so. Alpha testing is actually going on right now. Since most things are done and the things that aren't are very minor. 

24 minutes ago, Jan said:

That was completely coincidental, haha. I didn't even see that message until I updated it. 

Nope! Haven't cancelled, and no plans to! It's actually only been 97% for about a week or so. Alpha testing is actually going on right now. Since most things are done and the things that aren't are very minor. 

And now we play the waiting game... LET THE BATTLE COMMENCE!

Edited by SukaiChris

• Developers
Just now, DOOMAGEDON117 said:

oh,okies, sorry if i sounded douchy, wasn't entirely sure how long it had been at 97% for, and i finished V8 it about a week ago, so maybe just bad timing on my part :3 

No worries. You're good! ^^

Ok I feel so stupid for asking this, but what is alpha testing exactly? I understand beta testing, but what's alpha testing? :/ Idk what it is fml. I'm so dumb. Lol. Sorry for asking. 

Edited by SukaiChris

• Developers
4 minutes ago, WAAKIN said:

When does Jan update the status thread? (Preferably what day?)

Whenever I feel like I've made enough progress.

3 minutes ago, SukaiChris said:

Ok I feel so stupid for asking this, but what is alpha testing exactly? I understand beta testing, but what's alpha testing? :/ Idk what it is fml. I'm so dumb. Lol. Sorry for asking. 

Alpha testing is the period where people who work on the game directly go through it together and try to find as many errors as possible. Beta testing is when I give out copies to select individuals to test out the game themselves. Once I think the game is stable enough, it goes on to be a community release- Which means anyone who has an account on the forums can download and play it.... Finally, after all that, it's released officially to the public.

There's a lot of stages x_x.

21 minutes ago, Jan said:

Whenever I feel like I've made enough progress.

Alpha testing is the period where people who work on the game directly go through it together and try to find as many errors as possible. Beta testing is when I give out copies to select individuals to test out the game themselves. Once I think the game is stable enough, it goes on to be a community release- Which means anyone who has an account on the forums can download and play it.... Finally, after all that, it's released officially to the public.

There's a lot of stages x_x.

I see. Thanks ,Jan. :) Also it's all good. Go through as many stages as possible if you have to. I'll wait my whole life since you do so much already!

I'm Actually looking forward to EV training my team because of the items available in GDC.

Anyways, I think It is time that we discuss Storm-9. All we know is that it was the calamity that split Aevium.

Exactly what happened during Storm 9? How was it caused? I assume we know some of the Geological Impacts, but what about Economic impact? 

Edited by ShadeStrider

52 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'm Actually looking forward to EV training my team because of the items available in GDC.

Anyways, I think It is time that we discuss Storm-9. All we know is that it was the calamity that split Aevium.

Exactly what happened during Storm 9? How was it caused? I assume we know some of the Geological Impacts, but what about Economic impact? 

As far as we know, at LEAST there was a meteor impact that stuck Aevium. After that whatever happened, happened. Before that, however, there is the whole Indriad thing, which means Angie's cult already existed, had those machinations and survived the crisis.

I don't think there was an economic crisis though, not a big one at least. In the present, Aevium seems pretty normal. Considering the difference in decades with the time travel, it didn't seem a crisis like that would be solved quickly and leave the region in its currently developed state.

26 minutes ago, Lord C said:

As far as we know, at LEAST there was a meteor impact that stuck Aevium. After that whatever happened, happened. Before that, however, there is the whole Indriad thing, which means Angie's cult already existed, had those machinations and survived the crisis.

I don't think there was an economic crisis though, not a big one at least. In the present, Aevium seems pretty normal. Considering the difference in decades with the time travel, it didn't seem a crisis like that would be solved quickly and leave the region in its currently developed state.

Are you sure that there would have been an economic crisis? For all we know, it could have benefited Aevium economically in some ways. For Example, because the region was split, people needed new ways to travel across the ruined region. So the Travel Industry might have gained a boost.

Or Maybe Some Areas were benefited and others were not. For Example, The area that is now Grand Dream City might have once been in a similar economic position as Oblitus Town. But Storm 9 might have helped change that.

3 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Are you sure that there would have been an economic crisis? For all we know, it could have benefited Aevium economically in some ways. For Example, because the region was split, people needed new ways to travel across the ruined region. So the Travel Industry might have gained a boost.

Or Maybe Some Areas were benefited and others were not. For Example, The area that is now Grand Dream City might have once been in a similar economic position as Oblitus Town. But Storm 9 might have helped change that.

well Grand Dream City is the reason for Oblitus Town (which had another name but no one remenders' it)  being the way it is

11 minutes ago, lokighost said:

well Grand Dream City is the reason for Oblitus Town (which had another name but no one remenders' it)  being the way it is

Grand Dream City may have had another name as well. It may have been a small town like Oblitus once was. 

Edited by ShadeStrider

with version 9 being just around the corner

i'd like to hear some of your opinions on the possible new pokemon in the upcoming update.

Which new pokemon would you like to be catchable in version 9 ?

This question goes for gen 7 mons and Pokemon from the previous gen's that are not catchable yet.

I know that it's Jan's decision wich new mons will be implemented

but hey asking never hurts.

My hopes:

Mimikyu

Larvitar (keep dreaming Haku)

Bagon (again... keep dreaming)

Feebas

Zorua

Edited by HakuryuYukio