Tips for Aster and Eclispe

DarkMaster

I need help with the current Aster and Eclispe fight I'm on. It's the one after the 10th gym badge. I would prefer to stick to my team and not take recomendations for other pokemon. These are the pokemon I'm using as of now:

Delphox Lv.62 Item: Flame Plate

Ability: Magician

Empoleon Lv.60 Item: Splash Plate

Ability: Defiant

Rhyperior Lv.59 Item: Silver Powder

Ability: Solid Rock

Nidoqueen Lv.58 Item: Fist Plate

Ability: Sheer Force

Ampharos Lv.58 No item

Ability: Static

Gardevoir Lv.61 Item: Mind Plate

Ability: Synchronize

In PC:

Slurpuff Lv.53 Item: Rose Incense

Ability: Sweet Veil

Sharpedo Lv. 54 No Item

Ability: Speed Boost

Noivern Lv.60 No item

Ability: Frisk

If you want the moves then just say in your reply. My trainer card has the moves except for those not in it. Empoleon's move list is not up to date.

This battle was a real pain for me, but lets see... Your facing off against twelve Pokemon total, so it might be wise to try to take down one side before focusing on the other. Aya is not helpful at all during this battle (at least in my experience) so do not count on her to carry her weight.

Aya can actually do useful things when the AI feels like it. For perspective, during my Ghost monotype run, on one attempt Aya's team was swept before I could even take down four Pokemon. In the last attempt, she hung on through the whole battle with only her Dragalge... though that's because they kept pounding my team instead for some reason. So yeah, partner usefulness kinda depends on luck sometimes.

Delphox can Will-O-Wisp Golurk to cut down on that attack power. Phantom Force can get annoying since it'll keep disappearing, but Empoleon may be able to outspeed it and attack it. If not, you could use an X Speed if you have one available. If not, well, hope either Empoleon is faster, it doesn't use Phantom Force that turn, or Aya does something smart.

Magmortar has a Life Orb. It'll be painful but it's possible to stall it and let Life Orb damage do its thing, while still getting in a hit or two to speed up the process. All of its attacks are special, so if Gardevoir sets up a Calm Mind or two or five, then it might be able to tank a few hits. Though, with all those Calm Minds, Gardevoir would probably destroy most of their team in a few hits anyway. You'd just need to keep it safe from physical damage. You could play it even safer and have Ampharos use Thunder Wave.

Magmortar has a Life Orb. It'll be painful but it's possible to stall it and let Life Orb damage do its thing, while still getting in a hit or two to speed up the process. All of its attacks are special, so if Gardevoir sets up a Calm Mind or two or five, then it might be able to tank a few hits. Though, with all those Calm Minds, Gardevoir would probably destroy most of their team in a few hits anyway. You'd just need to keep it safe from physical damage. You could play it even safer and have Ampharos use Thunder Wave.

She could still set up with Gardevoir vs Lunatone as solrock after paralysing or burning them. You may need some def X and speed X too, Light screen will most likely be up if you stall vs them so you'll probably not be able to beat the first enemies in 1 shot, def X will allow you to survive and drain kiss to stall. Once Light screen is down, focus on 1 side and it should be pretty easy.

If you don't want to use a setup, just focus on one side while letting a paralysed Solrock/Lunatone on the other side. Empoleon with a balloon could be pretty good vs Gollurk too. Other things you could do is teach brick break to a pokemon to destroy light screen/reflect and grass knot to another to deal with the many ground/rock foes.