Reborn Ball

TechSkylaner1518

Let me start by saying that if this is in any way against the dev team's desires, I am deeply sorry, and I promise I will take down the images linked to.

So, I really like the PokeBall used as the icon for Reborn, and I thought, "wouldn't it be neat to use in-game?" So I did a bit of tinkering in paint.net, and ta da!

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo1_540.png

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo2_1280.png

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo3_1280.png

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo4_1280.png

If you'd like to use this yourself, you can save these files over any of the current PokeBall sprites. (A reskin, if you will.) It's not quite as simple as just naming it "Ultra Ball" or whatever you want to change, though. Follow these steps:
You should be able to access the folder "Graphics" under the folder "Reborn15". Open the folder "Icons" and locate the sprite of the ball you want to change. (They're sprites 264-287)

Save this image under that name, and replace it in the folder. (Be sure to make a copy of the original sprite in another folder if you want to switch back)

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo6_75sq.png

(Should be named ItemXXX)

Now, go back to "Graphics" and open "Pictures". Find the open and closed pair of sprites for the ball you want to edit, and save these two images in its place.

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo7_75sq.png

(should be named ballXX)

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo5_75sq.png

(should be named ballXX_open)

And finally, scroll down to find the summary icon for the same ball, and put in this file!

tumblr_oephecuYRd1t270nfo8_75sq.png

(should be named summaryballXX)

And there you have it!

Totally didn't think this was a topic about a different kind a ball and who would dance with who. I am mildly disappointed.

While I don't think it's much of an issue, it's generally best to ask the creator permission before uploading/distributing something to people. Considering the things I do give hell to the Reborn team, I don't she would've said no to this issue. Reborn isn't in the open mod stage yet, but graphical stuff should be fine. It's nearly harmless and doesn't effect all that much.

It's a good start, but the depth perception could use a bit of work. Generally you'd want the borders to be a lighter color for a better texture feel and one glaring issue that I can't stop looking at is how the blue stripe is placed and just...bends awkwardly for the icon ball in the menu screen. Can't really help too much since my eyesight has an issue with depth perception (which is why it's hard for me to sprite) but it's a good start.

You're absolutely right, I had held off because I didn't think it could have been covered with the note, but it would have been much more respectful to get direct confirmation, my bad.

Yeah, the stripes were driving me nuts the whole time, I'm honestly surprised I could even manage as well as I did. (usually I just do recolors if I want to mess around) Thanks for the advice! I might try to touch it up sometime, but I think I'll need to have a better understand of color beforehand.

And @CombatMedic I do think it'd be super cool to have in the game, but I don't really see a specialized function it could have. The Master Ball's already in the lottery, and I don't feel like it'd have a niche use. Maybe some specialized kind you get at a certain point in the game, as a sort of reward?

Instead of replacing the regular pokeballs, it could replace the corrupted one. Some extra dialogue speaking of a prototype pokeball could also work.

but the corrupted one cannot be used, its just a mans to get ralts :(

I mean if you guys really want a mod of an actual Reborn Ball I can make it, but I'd need the following things:

-Permission to post said thing in this thread

-What kind of stats you want this thing to do

-[insert Lewd joke here] PNG pictures of the Reborn Ball

Though I probably won't do it to hardcore since there's a good few thousand lines of code I have to deal with already (I do have high standards for adding extra work onto me). Though it'd kind of is not practical as you'd have to completely redownload the entire game just for it to say Reborn Ball on something (who said item customization was easy?).

Eh just bother me if y'all figure out what you want to do such as being a reg Poke ball or a master ball for shiny Pokemon only or something along those lines.

Instead of replacing the regular pokeballs, it could replace the corrupted one. Some extra dialogue speaking of a prototype pokeball could also work.

While a neat idea, not worth...well you could always just edit the map and redistribute it that way. Interesting concept. Very interesting, but iirc it does require a pbs file (current one not needed) to get running.